RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 04/24/24 7:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have a free Sky hat available in this thread…

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=103848

boogiezen

PostPosted: 04/24/24 7:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wait, that press con for Angel was real? Looked like an old high school gym. They couldn't book at least a hotel?

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
tfan

PostPosted: 04/29/24 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xaNshPlgAck?si=TmmuvJfY9BvUL3bh" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pilight

PostPosted: 05/06/24 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamilla Cardoso will miss 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury she suffered in the Sky's preseason game this past Friday

Most people hate poetry
pilight

PostPosted: 05/09/24 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel Reese Fronts Good American’s Denim Campaign

https://wwd.com/pop-culture/celebrity-news/gallery/angel-reese-good-american-photos-1236363030/angel-reese-good-american-photos-a/?post_type=pmc-gallery&p=1236363030

Most people hate poetry
pilight

PostPosted: 05/10/24 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky waive Taya Reimer

Most people hate poetry
Shades

PostPosted: 05/10/24 10:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Sky waive Taya Reimer

I got that one right. The next one I’m anticipating is Maxwell, or whoever the rookie is that is injured.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 05/13/24 9:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sky waive Brynna Maxwell

Most people hate poetry
tfan

PostPosted: 05/14/24 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_oUI-7LTJlk?si=wNtmL96nqyOOSZJC" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 05/18/24 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel Reese’s One-Leg Compression Tight: More Than Just a Fashion Statement

https://blackdoctor.org/angel-reeses-one-leg-compression-tight-more-than-just-a-fashion-statement/?utm_source=BDO%20Main%20List%20%2724&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=SATURDAY%205%2F18%20Non-Jeeng%20%2801HY663DS3NMKZBXTF9JA59S3C%29&_kx=X1zyTQYNSUYiXqO96OcoZPdcgu3s_EQCUNht7tIU3mI.NqNqSV

We just don't know everyone's full story...

PostPosted: 05/18/24 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats on y'all first win of the regular season.
bryan_february_

PostPosted: 05/21/24 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't wait to see this team with Cardoso.

PostPosted: 05/21/24 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://x.com/AnnieCostabile/status/1792988124429103440

Quote:
Teresa Weatherspoon confirms that Kamilla Cardoso will make her return June 1.

That news was originally shared on Cardoso’s Instagram livestream.

Most people hate poetry
BamaEd

PostPosted: 05/21/24 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://x.com/Reese10Angel/status/1793001594591523174

Quote:
Get Nika her visa NOW, charter flights are HERE, give every team the same PUBLICITY cause it ain’t just one team, online bullying ain’t it AT ALL, and oh the CHICAGO SKY ARE HERE & ON THE RISE! 😇

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 05/26/24 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How long will Harrison be out with her injury? If she is going to be unavailable for the entire season again, the Sky should bite the bullet and waive her. I would prefer they get someone that can give them some production. Some production is better than zero production.

PostPosted: 06/03/24 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LMAO at Angel Reese. Seriously??

Quote:
"...I'll look back in 20 years and be like, 'The reason why we're watching women's basketball is not just because of one person. It's because of me, too.' I want y'all to realize that."

Angel, tell us how many sell outs you've been responsible for. Tell us how many venue changes to larger arenas you've been responsible for. And tell us how many charter flights you've been responsible for. LOL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2024/06/03/angel-reese-wnba-fan-growth-caitlin-clark/73965641007/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 06/04/24 6:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:
"...I'll look back in 20 years and be like, 'The reason why we're watching women's basketball is not just because of one person. It's because of me, too.' I want y'all to realize that."

Angel, tell us how many sell outs you've been responsible for. Tell us how many venue changes to larger arenas you've been responsible for. And tell us how many charter flights you've been responsible for. LOL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/wnba/2024/06/03/angel-reese-wnba-fan-growth-caitlin-clark/73965641007/

Attendance is up where she plays.
She was invited to the Met
She declared for the draft in vogue
She has the biggest social media following of anyone
She had the most endorsements of anyone
Her preseason game saw 400k streams on a damn iPhone
She’s the face of Rebook
She’s hanging out with rappers

She’s not as popular as Clark. But she’s popular AF. And she brings a different set of (who aren’t obnoxious) new fans.

The WNBA actually should be marketing her more, instead of focusing on one person…

PostPosted: 06/04/24 6:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

Attendance is up where she plays.
She was invited to the Met
She declared for the draft in vogue
She has the biggest social media following of anyone
She had the most endorsements of anyone
Her preseason game saw 400k streams on a damn iPhone
She’s the face of Rebook
She’s hanging out with rappers

She’s not as popular as Clark. But she’s popular AF. And she brings a different set of (who aren’t obnoxious) new fans.

The WNBA actually should be marketing her more, instead of focusing on one person…

I agree with this, if the league management had anyone with a lick of sense they would have marketed Clark and Reese like the women's version of Bird and Magic. But if the WNBA front office had any notion of how to run a league they would have listened to everyone who's been telling them for years that their brand of ugly bully ball doesn't appeal to the masses and they need to drastically tighten up the officiating.

PostPosted: 06/05/24 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/OMG_itsizzyb/status/1798502248349356241

The downside of the increased visibility of the W is it now being on the radar of a lot more idiots

PostPosted: 06/06/24 10:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That shows more of the lack of respect for WNBA tradition. If you're going to confront players you do it at the airport, maybe at the arena in a pinch. The hotel is supposed to be reserved for groupies.

Most people hate poetry
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/24 2:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Crazy i see a lot of media coverage praising Nancy Old ass Lieberman saying she would "Punch Chennedy in the F*cking face" as well as this old weirdo approaching Chennedy at the hotel and yet they hate her over a "Hip Check" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes PS. Nancy your old ass not doing shit lol tell them about how that black lady over at UTD had your ass in a headlock begging Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 06/06/24 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are several things scary about this. I'm sure the hotel is not publicized, so someone dug up the information.

First, someone has to conceive of an idea. Then you have to think it through. Ideally, one would realize how crazy the idea was before actually executing it.

That happens less and less these days.

The idea that someone would think that it was okay to do this is insane.

And the folks that are justifying violent responses? Wow...

PostPosted: 06/06/24 3:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChiSky54 wrote:
There are several things scary about this. I'm sure the hotel is not publicized, so someone dug up the information.

First, someone has to conceive of an idea. Then you have to think it through. Ideally, one would realize how crazy the idea was before actually executing it.

That happens less and less these days.

The idea that someone would think that it was okay to do this is insane.

And the folks that are justifying violent responses? Wow...

The mainstream media seem to be the ones unfortunately , its like they do not want to see the WNBA succeed regardless of how many stigmas we beat. No one watches welp they are now , no one comes to those empty games well they are now ...so it feels they are trying to come up with anything to derail the WNBA's momentum Hip check or not its ridiculous lord.

PostPosted: 06/06/24 3:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Crazy i see a lot of media coverage praising Nancy Old ass Lieberman saying she would "Punch Chennedy in the F*cking face" as well as this old weirdo approaching Chennedy at the hotel and yet they hate her over a "Hip Check" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes PS. Nancy your old ass not doing shit lol tell them about how that black lady over at UTD had your ass in a headlock begging Laughing Laughing

Where are the examples of mainstream media praising the man who approached Carter?

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 06/06/24 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Where are the examples of mainstream media praising the man who approached Carter?

Undisputed aka ESPN overall saying it comes with the territory when you personally attack Caitlin or w/e watch this mornings episode as well as skim youtube nancy leiberman is a hero right now to a lot of people awkwardly shes making headlines for saying she would have "Punched Chennedy ".

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: