30%  [ 3 ]
Sun
70%
 70%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 10

PRballer

PostPosted: 05/15/24 8:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Hate to start this already, but WNBA refs HAVE to be better.

People payed hundreds..and some paid thousands to see Clark. And you call her for 2 touch fouls in the first five minutes of the game.. Come on..

She shouldn’t get Princess treatment, but don’t be stupid the other way either..

Very well said.

ClayK

PostPosted: 05/15/24 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

People payed hundreds..and some paid thousands to see Clark. And you call her for 2 touch fouls in the first five minutes of the game.. Come on..

She shouldn’t get Princess treatment, but don’t be stupid the other way either..

Very well said.

OK, what's your solution?

PostPosted: 05/15/24 9:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Then she should... IDK... not commit fouls. I don't care how much people paid to see her. The last fucking thing we need is her getting Jordan Rules.

I think college refs did Clark a MAJOR disservice when calling her games. She was often allowed to do whatever she wanted in college and nothing was ever called on her, so she is accustomed to committing dumb fouls and never hearing a whistle. Now, she is not only in the pros, but she is also playing against players that are 25x better than 99.9999999999999999% of anyone she was ever on the floor with in college. It's going to be a massive adjustment.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 05/15/24 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Then she should... IDK... not commit fouls. I don't care how much people paid to see her. The last fucking thing we need is her getting Jordan Rules.

But in the context of the game she didn’t. They called her for touch fouls while CT was manhandling the entire team. The first one hardly had any contact.

Again, I’m not asking for Princess treatment. I’m saying don’t call her for shit you aren’t calling the other nine players on the floor for either. It’s a business, refs have to know who the entertainment is.

PostPosted: 05/15/24 9:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I never saw a replay of the first foul. If there was contact that affected the shot, it might be a "touch foul," but it's still a foul.

The second one was a foul because again, it affected the shot. Now sometimes that foul isn't called, but this time it was. I don't think the officials should be too concerned about "protecting" Caitlin Clark at this point in her career.

Oh, and she's a bad defender too. On the first foul, she either should try to defend or make sure the ref can't blow the whistle. She did neither -- a half-hearted effort.

And again, all the whining about officials makes people feel better, I'm sure, but does that help solve the problem? And what is the solution, aside from more whining?

PostPosted: 05/15/24 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is it too early to start the free K. Mitchell campaign?

Since the lottery draw I have thought Clark and Mitchell aren’t a good combo on either side of the court and Mitchell was going to be the one left out.

Should I give it longer?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/15/24 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

But in the context of the game she didn’t. They called her for touch fouls while CT was manhandling the entire team. The first one hardly had any contact.

Again, I’m not asking for Princess treatment. I’m saying don’t call her for shit you aren’t calling the other nine players on the floor for either.

That's the thing. I know I am not an unbiased observer, but watching the game I said to my husband that it looked like the refs were trying to put her in her place. It was bizarre.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/15/24 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Since the lottery draw I have thought Clark and Mitchell aren’t a good combo on either side of the court and Mitchell was going to be the one left out.

Should I give it longer?

I'm giving it longer, but they need to find a way to get Mitchell and Clark together on the floor as much as possible. Having to defend Mitchell opens things up for Clark and vice versa. I get that you want them at the same position, but Sides has to figure out a way to make it work.

How does KLS played 50% more than Mitchell? Insane.

greg5222

PostPosted: 05/15/24 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Double digits turnovers!! Wow just wow!!

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 05/15/24 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Should I give it longer?

I'm giving it longer, but they need to find a way to get Mitchell and Clark together on the floor as much as possible. Having to defend Mitchell opens things up for Clark and vice versa. I get that you want them at the same position, but Sides has to figure out a way to make it work.

Wasn't Mitchell injured? Or minutes restriction?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 05/16/24 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threadkiller1201 wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:

Should I give it longer?

Wasn't Mitchell injured? Or minutes restriction?

Oh, it looks like you're right. She has an injured ankle and just started practicing on Friday. Let's hope that is all it was and she will be back fully.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: