RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2024 WNBA camp previews/roster breakdowns

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richyyy

PostPosted: 04/25/24 2:56 pm    ::: 2024 WNBA camp previews/roster breakdowns Reply Reply with quote

Team-by-team breakdowns of where everyone stands at the moment, which teams can keep 11 or 12, who might be on the edge of getting cut etc. etc. AKA the usual stuff you get from me every year before camp opens Very Happy.

https://herhoopstats.substack.com/p/2024-wnba-training-camp-roster-previews

PostPosted: 04/25/24 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That Mystics roster is just sad. It's not even like they're rebuilding, it's more like "we'll start rebuilding next year".

PostPosted: 04/25/24 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Richyyy I find your roster breakdowns and cap sheets to be an incredible resource

Question for you to anyone about NY's roster

is there any truth to the Laney might be missing time for maternity leave situation?

With Germany, France and Japan in the Olympics any opinions on whether we will see N. Sabally, Fiebich, Mawuli, or Tadic in camp or even before the Olympics?

If either of the above questions are a thing anyone have any insights into the other possible roster options like Greene, Adika or Fraser?

I have read positive things about Martinez is she a possibility? also does she have National team commitments with Spain?

Am I crazy for thinking Jessica Carter has a real shot considering she is a legit big center with no over seas distractions? (NY only really needs someone with size to rebound, protect the rim and eat up space in the middle for 8-10 minutes a game).

Why hasn't NY gone after bigger name vet minimums like O. Sims? D. Robinson? or other names that have been floating around for the last few years like Westbrook, K. Charles or Guarantes?

Do the coaches and scouts in NY know something we don't with these signees that seem very low profile? are we in for a pleasant surprise or has NY dropped the ball when it comes to the roster outside of its big names?

Is this version of NY still a top 2 team? or are we going to miss Johannes and Dolson more than we know?

tfan

PostPosted: 04/26/24 4:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I see this for the Aces:

Quote:
Likely opening day roster size: Could keep 12, although can't just be any 12

Is Parker playing for something close to the vet minimum? Otherwise pretty impressive or pretty sneaky if they can have five 2023 all-stars (Parker was injured) and have 12 players in 2024. Alysha Clark was 27th in all-star voting and Stokes is a vet who started 22 games last year.

ClayK

PostPosted: 04/26/24 8:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The salary cap, for some owners, is a sham.

PostPosted: 04/26/24 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Is Parker playing for something close to the vet minimum?

I say what she signed for in the article, five lines below the bit you quoted. Also there are literally 13 links in the article to the cap sheets we recently discussed in a different thread here, where you can find every single salary number in the league for the last four years.

J-Spoon wrote:

is there any truth to the Laney might be missing time for maternity leave situation?

Not based on anything I've seen or heard.

J-Spoon wrote:
With Germany, France and Japan in the Olympics any opinions on whether we will see N. Sabally, Fiebich, Mawuli, or Tadic in camp or even before the Olympics?

Tadic got cut yesterday. Fiebich, Mawuli and Dojkic are reportedly going to be late for camp - you may want to look up Jackie Powell on social media, who follows and reports on the Liberty specifically. As far as I know they're all expected for camp, but if they're too late it could obviously complicate some of the decisions about who to keep.

On the rest of your questions, I don't know much about all the random names New York have signed for camp. As I said in the article, I'd expect Fiebich and Davis to probably join the other eight I have as definites, leaving only one spot actually up for grabs if that proves true.

Martinez is from the Dominican Republic, not Spain.

PostPosted: 04/26/24 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Is this version of NY still a top 2 team? or are we going to miss Johannes and Dolson more than we know?

Who is going to pass them

Connecticut downgraded both guard spots and lost Rebecca Allen.

Dallas is missing Sabally for most of the season.

Atlanta is theoretically much improved, but much of that relies on Tina Charles. That's been a bad plan for most of her career.

Minnesota looks better, but not #2 seed better. They certainly don't have anyone to matchup Jonquel Jones in the paint.

Washington is a blast crater.

Chicago and Los Angeles are in rebuild mode.

Indiana is way too young to challenge for a high seed.

Seattle is putting a lot of stock in aging veteran free agents.

Phoenix barely has five competent players to put on the floor.

I think New York is safe at #2 this year but they are coming back to the pack a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: