RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NCAA Coach Exits With Big Payout & Trail of Scarred Play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/15/24 2:39 pm    ::: NCAA Coach Exits With Big Payout & Trail of Scarred Play Reply Reply with quote

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ncaa-hoops-coach-exits-with-hefty-payoutand-a-trail-of-scarred-players

From the article:

"Northern Kentucky University announced on Friday that it had cut Camryn Volz’s contract short following an investigation into alleged abusive behavior. An anonymous report filed to school officials on March 5 alleged that Volz frequently engaged in “racial remarks,” “homophobia,” and “constant degradation of mental health,” according to a redacted human-resources document reviewed by The Daily Beast. A week later, another anonymous report further claimed the coach had “created an environment where fear and manipulation [were] used to” make members of the team “compliant.” "

She sounds like a real gem, doesn't she? Read the rest of the article for more. Makes you wonder why they kept her for 8 years. Anyone complaining about Sheryl Swoopes should have had to play for her.

PostPosted: 04/15/24 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You do realize according to final reports of the investigation that she was cleared of all these allegations? This has been reported by media in that area. You also realize that if any of this was true there would have been no payout? But coming from you I would expect nothing less.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/16/24 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
You do realize according to final reports of the investigation that she was cleared of all these allegations? This has been reported by media in that area. You also realize that if any of this was true there would have been no payout? But coming from you I would expect nothing less.

When the school investigates, I wouldn't expect much more. And the invective coming from you is about what I'd expect. You only rear your head when you want to be nasty.

PostPosted: 04/16/24 10:15 am    ::: Re: NCAA Coach Exits With Big Payout & Trail of Scarred Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:

She sounds like a real gem, doesn't she?

Can you elaborate?

https://www.wlwt.com/article/nku-norse-womens-basketball-camryn-volz-coach/60413865

Quote:
"Although NKU has determined that Coach Volz did not violate any university employment policies, we have agreed that it is appropriate for a change in leadership of the women’s basketball program," a statement from NKU said.

Volz was previously investigated by the university in 2019 when former players filed complaints of emotional abuse and a toxic environment within the program. An independent review of the program in 2019 found that the allegations could not be substantiated.

Emphasis added.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/16/24 3:07 pm    ::: Re: NCAA Coach Exits With Big Payout & Trail of Scarred Reply Reply with quote

Phil wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

She sounds like a real gem, doesn't she?

Can you elaborate?

https://www.wlwt.com/article/nku-norse-womens-basketball-camryn-volz-coach/60413865

Quote:
"Although NKU has determined that Coach Volz did not violate any university employment policies, we have agreed that it is appropriate for a change in leadership of the women’s basketball program," a statement from NKU said.

Volz was previously investigated by the university in 2019 when former players filed complaints of emotional abuse and a toxic environment within the program. An independent review of the program in 2019 found that the allegations could not be substantiated.

Emphasis added.

I know NOTHING about her or the program. I DO know that - IF she was indeed guilty of the charges - she's hardly the first coach that has been 'coddled' and shielded from true justice. Renee Portland comes to mind; she was a nasty thing for YEARS, and players DID substantiate claims. She wasn't outta Penn State in a NY minute: stuff kept happening. Deb Patterson (Kansas State) was another one who had a lengthy reign of terror before the stars aligned to kick her out. Again, I can only testify to the fact that there are many people in life who are definitely guilty, even though *things* get twisted and convoluted until some judge decides they're NOT guilty. [See; OJ Simpson, Trump-turd, et. al.]

PostPosted: 04/16/24 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

When the school investigates, I wouldn't expect much more. And the invective coming from you is about what I'd expect. You only rear your head when you want to be nasty.

I just think that if we talk we should at least have some knowledge of what we are talking about. I dont comment unless I have some inkling of a situation.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 04/16/24 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

I just think that if we talk we should at least have some knowledge of what we are talking about. I dont comment unless I have some inkling of a situation.

Please don't forget that this is Rebkell. Facts are optional. Personal opinion is mandatory.

PostPosted: 04/16/24 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

Please don't forget that this is Rebkell. Facts are optional. Personal opinion is mandatory.

Where have you been on the internet that's not like that?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: