RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why does MaxPreps not recognize Sarah Strong?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 04/11/24 11:40 pm    ::: Why does MaxPreps not recognize Sarah Strong? Reply Reply with quote

MaxPreps doesn't seem to acknowledge the existence of Sarah Strong. It doesn't include her among its 2024 All-American first team, second team, third team or honorable mentions, and doesn't even recognize her as the best high school basketball player in North Carolina.

Why? (Clay?)
ClayK

PostPosted: 04/12/24 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The issue is re-classing -- which is taking a junior and saying she's a sophomore.

Schools that reclass are not recognized by MaxPreps for postseason honors, and Strong's school will reclass.

She did not reclass, but like many similar players in similar situations, she is still kept off the list. Of course, none of them are as good as Strong ...

PostPosted: 04/12/24 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks.

I've never heard of re-classing, nor do I understand why a school would do it or why, if done, MaxPreps would consider it evil.

I am aware that many schools may initially place the very same entering student in different academic grade levels for academic reasons based on test scores, dates of birth or previous academic achievement—or, later, skip them or hold them back a grade—but I suspect that's not the kind of re-classification at issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: