RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Connecticut vs #1 Southern California - 4/01/24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/31/24 10:32 am    ::: #3 Connecticut vs #1 Southern California - 4/01/24 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament - Portland 3 Regional Final
Portland, OR - 9:00 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Courtney Lyle, Carolyn Peck)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/902650de-3586-485f-92f9-ba0b8f3835c8#bucketId=7958 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://usctrojans.com/showcase?Live=1213

Live stats:
https://www.ncaa.com/game/6284826

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 04/02/24 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
RavenDog

PostPosted: 04/01/24 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heart is with UConn; Money is on USC.

tfan

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Caitlin Clark just set the all-time NCAA scoring record. But if you missed it, don't worry because JuJu Watkins is going to break it. And she's playing in the Big10 next year." - play-by-play announcer Gus Johnson at the end of an Iowa game late this year.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DA's full of shit!!!

She's wanting a player to be able to pivot and says that she has to have room to do that. If they defense does that, every player would have a, at least 3' circle around her, that they defense can't go into.

She is so full of shit!!!!

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
DA's full of shit!!!

She's wanting a player to be able to pivot and says that she has to have room to do that. If they defense does that, every player would have a, at least 3' circle around her, that they defense can't go into.

She was on Aaliyah’s space

I haven’t seen JuJu much, but the comparison to Moore is odd. Her handles are so much better than Moore and she goes to the basket much better. I’m not sure who she reminds me of in the women’s game, but it’s not Moore 😂

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is not that important, but why does Mowins keep referring to NC State as a Cinderella? They’re a three seed. Is UConn also a Cinderella? Was LSU?

jap

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
DA's full of shit!!!

She was on Aaliyah’s space

I haven’t seen JuJu much, but the comparison to Moore is odd. Her handles are so much better than Moore and she goes to the basket much better. I’m not sure who she reminds me of in the women’s game, but it’s not Moore 😂

Cheryl Miller says JuJu reminds her of her own self. Cool

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They keep talking like UConn is the only team that has had an injury this season. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
They keep talking like UConn is the only team that has had an injury this season. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

UConn has a whole starting 5 injured. Shade and KK should have been 9th and 10th on the depth chart, and we can’t take them out of games. It’s been actually crazy the past few years.

3 of Nika’s 4 fouls have been bad calls. Can’t breathe on US , but they can pummel Paige all game

PostPosted: 04/01/24 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mulhl, so stupid too often. UConn has the better team offense but still will have difficulty winning because of lack of size and too many fouls.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 04/01/24 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

UConn has a whole starting 5 injured. Shade and KK should have been 9th and 10th on the depth chart, and we can’t take them out of games. It’s been actually crazy the past few years.

ND has had:

Miles, Prosper, Brown, Risch, Watson, Citron (9 games), and Obinma (2-3 games, I think) and Westbeld (1 game) in concussion protocol.

So.......

pilight

PostPosted: 04/01/24 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know who's gonna win this game, but the Auriemma-Gottlieb chess match has been fascinating

PostPosted: 04/01/24 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very good game by UConn's coaching staff and all seven rotation players. I'm mildly surprised because I expected USC to be much better, on both team offense and defense, than what they showed in this game.
mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/01/24 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

ND has had:

Miles, Prosper, Brown, Risch, Watson, Citron (9 games), and Obinma (2-3 games, I think) and Westbeld (1 game) in concussion protocol.

So.......

I was just counting our 5 best that are out for the season since like, December. Other teams have had injuries, but this UConn team has gone through the gauntlet.

Anyway, at 70 years old, potentially Geno’s best coaching job. I’m so proud of this team, absolutely crazy season and y’all forgot Paige Fucking Bueckers.

Special shout out to Q and Shade, who both played far better than what they have done this season when they had to.

Juju is smooth AF. What an elegant basketball player. IMO, USC will get some quality players that want to play with her.

Last edited by mercfan3 on 04/01/24 10:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
eyevolley4

PostPosted: 04/01/24 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I feel like Juju and Hannah are just on the front of their arc.

Paige and Caitlin in a Final Four is a crescendo.

If Caitlin wins, it will further deepen the narrative of her dominance. If Paige wins, it will be the beginning of a whole new debate. We are done with Angel and Caitlin as it’s unlikely the two will compete for championships as their team’s best player against each other into the future. Paige and Caitlin will likely battle each other for years. And when they are both in the W, we will get to watch them play over and over and over.

And then in four years we get to watch them play against Hannah and Juju and really, it’s going to be amazing.

PostPosted: 04/01/24 11:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

Maybe they are talking about UConn because they are playing in this game.

==============

What a win for the Huskies. UConn was the aggressor in the 4th period instead of trying not to lose.

Bueckers has another huge game in a big game. I'm glad she leaves her jewelry in the locker room. UConn needed her for 40 today. It's not about who is better, it's about who is better tonight.

Howee

PostPosted: 04/01/24 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Dog - dude! You gotta quit throwing your money away....that's twice tonight! 😂
Another excellent game. No getting around it - Geno may not have the depth of talent he's often had, but he gets the most out of them. Bueckers is as good as always, but I thought Edwards was the Important Difference tonight.

As good as USC is, tonight they just didn't seem as *battle-tested* as UConn was. The Huskies looked/played like a team that has weathered adversity.

I can't see any reason why BOTH teams can't be in the FF next season....barring injuries, both oughtta be excellent, imo.

PostPosted: 04/02/24 12:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Another excellent game. No getting around it - Geno may not have the depth of talent he's often had, but he gets the most out of them. Bueckers is as good as always, but I thought Edwards was the Important Difference tonight.

As good as USC is, tonight they just didn't seem as *battle-tested* as UConn was. The Huskies looked/played like a team that has weathered adversity.

I can't see any reason why BOTH teams can't be in the FF next season....barring injuries, both oughtta be excellent, imo.

I wanted to see at least one team from the deceased PAC-12 make it to the Final Four. Oh, well.

PostPosted: 04/02/24 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Howee wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

I wanted to see at least one team from the deceased PAC-12 make it to the Final Four. Oh, well.

yeah wasn't it the best conference???

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/02/24 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

if ND was playing, that would be a big storyline... if VT was playing last night, Kitley would be the storyline... please name the other teams with (multiple) stay players out?

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 04/02/24 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

if ND was playing, that would be a big storyline... if VT was playing last night, Kitley would be the storyline... please name the other teams with (multiple) stay players out?

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/04/24 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Juju is a freshman and made some freshman mistakes. She can only get better. But how long can Paige carry this decimated UConn team on her back? That's the real question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: