RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#3 Oregon St vs #2 Notre Dame - 3/29/24
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 03/27/24 8:41 pm    ::: #3 Oregon St vs #2 Notre Dame - 3/29/24 Reply Reply with quote

NCAA Tournament - Albany 1 Regional Semifinal
Albany, NY - 2:30 PM ET

TV: ESPN (Pam Ward, Stephanie White)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/7a3c7e95-fb3e-4512-95ab-1452d8a0708d#bucketId=7958 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://wsnd.nd.edu/

Live stats:
https://www.ncaa.com/game/6284816

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 03/28/24 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/28/24 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Go Beavs!

PostPosted: 03/29/24 8:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm so glad that it's Steph and Pam on the call. I can listen to both of them.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At the half, OSU outshooting ND 58% to 36% and outrebounding them 23-9, but leading only by 1 point. Why? Because they are intolerably sloppy with the ball and have turned it over 12 times to ND's 1.

Hidalgo was out for a while removing a nose ring and Westbeld was benched with 3 fouls. OSU should be up big, but they aren't. Have no feel for what will happen in the second half.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At Q3, OSU still dominating in shooting, rebounding and assists, but it's still a close game because OSU sloppiness now up to 17 turnovers to ND's 2. ND killing OSU with POTs and staying close.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

3 more OSU to's in the first minute of Q4.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

22 to's.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Beavers win by 5, but should have won by 25 if they had anyone who could hold onto a dribble or pass.
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Beavers win by 5, but should have won by 25 if they had anyone who could hold onto a dribble or pass.

Glad to see I was not the only one who was disconsolate over the never-ending turnovers.

Hard to see how either of these teams give South Carolina a game, though.

Gardiner is a stud. Paurova has a bright future. As a UConn fan, I sympathize with Notre Dame's injury woes. Really hard to win against good teams with basically three offensive weapons.

snlMINAJ

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

unsure if you jinxed it or what, but i hope i wasn't the only one who experienced audio issues watching second half of this game... it was giving the effect as if they were cursing a lot

jmh1982

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sucks for Hidalgo. Horrible time for her to have probably her worst game of the season.

osubeavers

PostPosted: 03/29/24 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How ‘bout those Beavs? Timea is such a weapon. Inside, outside, D, O & D rebounding. She does it all.

PostPosted: 03/29/24 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmh1982 wrote:
Sucks for Hidalgo. Horrible time for her to have probably her worst game of the season.

I remember Taurasi choking badly in her first FF and it was against NDame I believe. So Hidalgo is in great company.

linkster

PostPosted: 03/29/24 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

NDame missed 47 shots on 36% shooting. OSU missed 19 shots on 60% shooting.

Getting to's can be a factor but only if you convert them into pts.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/24 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Hidalgo was out for a while removing a nose ring and Westbeld was benched with 3 fouls. OSU should be up big, but they aren't. Have no feel for what will happen in the second half.

This seems to be a pretty dick move to me. She's had that in all year, and she's not the only one I've seen. I thought that they had changed the rule.

I hope whoever decided today was the day to say something to her has a really long life wallowing in self-loathing and misery. It was total bull shit.

I'm not saying that's why they lost, but you don't pull shit of of your ass like that without it looking like some was, IDK, trying to manipulate the game in their own little way.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/24 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

unsure if you jinxed it or what, but i hope i wasn't the only one who experienced audio issues watching second half of this game... it was giving the effect as if they were cursing a lot

Sorry, I was at work and haven't watched the game yet so I don't know what my audio was like.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/24 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

This seems to be a pretty dick move to me. She's had that in all year, and she's not the only one I've seen. I thought that they had changed the rule.

I hope whoever decided today was the day to say something to her has a really long life wallowing in self-loathing and misery. It was total bull shit.

I'm not saying that's why they lost, but you don't pull shit of of your ass like that without it looking like some was, IDK, trying to manipulate the game in their own little way.

The more I think about this, the more pissed I am.

How did NO PERSON at the NCAA notice players were wearing nose studs???????? Why did they wait until today to have the ref enforce it? After the game started???

When I was reffing, we'd meet with the captains before the game and specifically tell them that everyone needed t remove their jewelry. We'd watch warm ups and tell players that we'd see with rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc that they needed to come off.

I have a feeling that someone (Rueck?? Someone at the NCAA??? The refs??) is pretty pleased with themselves. Did they have some money on the game? Mayne ND didn't hire them or grant them admission? I

Joe V. has reffed at least 2-3 games of NDs this year. What changed this game???

There's more to this than just someone enforcing a rule (that hasn't been enforced all year from what I've seen).

And none of the refs involved should be chosen for another game this year. I'd go so far as to say they shouldn't ever be allowed to ref any ND game unless Niele OKs it.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 03/29/24 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 03/29/24 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Hidalgo was out for a while removing a nose ring

I don't understand why it suddenly became an issue when the first quarter ended. The refs should either take action before the game or let it go.

PostPosted: 03/29/24 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Before I saw this thread I was baffled by the ESPN box score. Close game, but Oregon State shot 60.4% to 35.6%, and 42.9% to 25% from three. Notre Dame did win free throws 9 of 9 versus 6 of 10. So was it rebounds? No, Oregon State up big there - 42 to 24. Then I finally get over to turnovers and see 26 for Oregon State to 5 for Notre Dame.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/24 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Hidalgo was out for a while removing a nose ring

I don't understand why it suddenly became an issue when the first quarter ended. The refs should either take action before the game or let it go.

Someone needs to be asking some questions and someone has a lot of answering to do!

Quote:
Hidalgo said one of the officials told her during warm-ups that she would need to take it out. She asked if she could cover it instead and said she was told that would be fine. At the end of the first quarter, however, Hidalgo said she was told it had to be removed.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/03/29/hannah-hidalgo-notre-dame-remove-nose-ring/73150100007/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/29/24 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And there's this:

Quote:
Notre Dame’s All-America point guard has worn a diamond stud in the left side of her nose all season. “Head decorations, head wear, helmets, and jewelry are illegal,” according to NCAA rules, but it hadn’t been an issue until Friday’s Sweet 16 game against Oregon State.

Where do the false eyelashes and hair extensions come in? Aren't they head decorations???

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/2024/03/29/hannah-hidalgo-notre-dame-remove-nose-ring/73150100007/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: