RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Will Clark Set NCAAW DI Career Points Record This Season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Caitlin Clark score 811 or more points this season?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

SPD

PostPosted: 02/15/24 7:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
TechDawgMc wrote:
While I realize Plum's record is the next step, I'm surprised there hasn't been more discussion of how close she is to topping Lynette Woodard. I know the NCAA is allergic to discussing basketball before they took it over, but this group usually has a better sense of history.

If she stays at her pace, she should catch Woodard right about the end of the season.

The press is myopic and single minded. Once she passes Plum, they will bring up Maravich, then once she passes Maravich they will start talking Woodard.

The press didn't wait (grin)
https://apnews.com/article/caitlin-clark-scoring-record-pearl-moore-f8483a008cb5f003f2442183539db30f

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/15/24 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She passed Kelsey Plum. Onward and upward.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 02/16/24 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If we're dipping down to include small college players like Pearl Moore then we must note that Clark isn't even the #1 scorer among current WCBB players. She's 200 points behind Grace Beyer

https://sports.yahoo.com/go-eutectics-college-basketballs-most-prolific-scorer-plays-for-a-school-with-a-strange-mascot-youve-never-heard-of-184352504.html

PostPosted: 02/16/24 2:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, she did it. Now can we talk about something else?

PostPosted: 02/16/24 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
If we're dipping down to include small college players like Pearl Moore then we must note that Clark isn't even the #1 scorer among current WCBB players. She's 200 points behind Grace Beyer

https://sports.yahoo.com/go-eutectics-college-basketballs-most-prolific-scorer-plays-for-a-school-with-a-strange-mascot-youve-never-heard-of-184352504.html

That's a pretty amazing story:
Quote:
“I have a lot of friends that went to bigger D-I schools and wanted to do something in the healthcare field,” Beyer said. “Their coaches straight up said no you’re not doing that. That’s kind of how it is when you go to bigger colleges. Basketball is your job. Basketball is your life. I quickly realized that maybe D-I isn’t for me.”

Kudos to her for identifying and sticking to her priorities. Interestingly, we all know of kids like Alison Bales (Duke) and Fran Belibi (Stanford) who DID did do the pre-med thing....apparently some schools make those allowances.

PostPosted: 02/16/24 4:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:
“I have a lot of friends that went to bigger D-I schools and wanted to do something in the healthcare field,” Beyer said. “Their coaches straight up said no you’re not doing that. That’s kind of how it is when you go to bigger colleges. Basketball is your job. Basketball is your life. I quickly realized that maybe D-I isn’t for me.”

Kudos to her for identifying and sticking to her priorities. Interestingly, we all know of kids like Alison Bales (Duke) and Fran Belibi (Stanford) who DID did do the pre-med thing....apparently some schools make those allowances.

That was why one of the transfers from Md ended up at Purdue about a decade ago. Frese would not accommodate her pre-med schedule, and Purdue did.

PostPosted: 02/16/24 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

It's possible to pursue a degree that points that way in D-I. Morgan Bertsch got a biomedical engineering degree while playing at a level sufficient to get drafted and have a career in pro ball.

PostPosted: 02/16/24 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tennessee had, at one time, both a nursing and pre-med student at the same time. Although they were both bench players, Pat Summitt accommodated their class schedules (and the clinical schedules of the nursing student) 100%. James Madison has had nursing students on its team and currently has one player who is a starter who majors in biophysical chemistry and generally makes the Dean's List every semester as well as one who is majoring in Public Health. So it can be done.

PostPosted: 02/17/24 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

congratulations to Caitlin Clark for overtaking Kelsey Plum's record. it's a little bittersweet for us Husky fans but Clark is certainly very deserving! easy to root for once we all realized how likely it was. let's see Clark overtake Lynette Woodard's record next – a record that she's only 80 points away from...

Caitlin Clark's scoring record reveals legacies of Lynette Woodard and Pearl Moore

Quote:
In a statement provided to NPR, Woodard wrote: "In honoring Caitlin's accomplishments, I hope that we can also shine a light on the pioneers who paved the way before her. Women's basketball has a glorious history that predates the NCAA's involvement. I applaud Caitlin for everything she has done and look forward to watching her score many more points for years to come."

Tara VanDerveer believes Clark has yet to break the record:

Quote:
Just days after surpassing Duke's Mike Krzyzewski to become the all-time coaching wins leader in college basketball, Stanford's Tara VanDerveer shared her view on the topic with The Wall Street Journal.

"I think the overall record by Lynette Woodard is THE RECORD," VanDerveer wrote. She added that Woodard scored all of her points before the 3-point line was even added to the court.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/18/24 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
OK, she did it. Now can we talk about something else?

I'll try to refrain from forcing you to read the thread "Will Caitlin Clark break the scoring record?" I believe there are dozens of threads simultaneously talking about "something else."

~rAf
awhom111

PostPosted: 03/25/24 10:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fair finishes a point ahead of Mitchell with the extra games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: