RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Draft Lottery - December 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

johnjohnW wrote:
I love how Voepel’s mock draft uses old school logos for PHX and NYL.

They’re old school so it’s obvious 🥴
Let’s start the trade ideas PHX could use brink IF they still have BG hell even if they don’t have BG their won’t be a DT second coming this draft . Unless Paige stays and PHX tanks again. Draft Brink unless she desires to play in the ACC and hopeful get scooped by GS in 25?

PostPosted: 12/10/23 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Interesting.

So it looks like Clark to Indiana.

Bueckers to LA? Or do we think LA takes Brink.

Brink to Phoenix if not.

No way LA passes on Paige if she declares .

PostPosted: 12/10/23 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notice how espn managed to bring up every eligible draftee other than Angel Reese Laughing Laughing . Where she fits is a question but no matter where she goes she will make an impact . I’m thinking #6 pick while Cardoso sneaks up into the lottery once the free agency starts Cool

PostPosted: 12/10/23 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix will get a talented player but they still need to sign a big-name FA (Nneka, EDD, Cloud, Satou)....Yes, Cloud is a big FA because she can run the offense and defend.

Last edited by zune69 on 12/23/23 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 12/10/23 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. Indy Clark (Boston and Clark bring Indy back to relevance)
2. LA Brink (Nneka helps her Stanford sister go from very good to great. PS Bueckers stays in school)
3. PX Reese (Reese’s game fits perfectly with Griner up front better edgier Turner to defend and crash the boards and DT and Angel would be sick. Angel comes in with a chip on her shoulder and kills it.)
4. Seattle R. Jackson (Cardosa stays in school and focuses on Olympics in 24 ( is Brazil in the Olympics) Jackson fit pretty nicely with Loyd, Magbegor and Horston)

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 12/10/23 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bueckers playing today like she's ready for the bright lights of Hollywood.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 12/10/23 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorta think Paige will return to UConn for one more season, considering all that she's been through.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/10/23 11:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
1. Indy Clark (Boston and Clark bring Indy back to relevance)
2. LA Brink (Nneka helps her Stanford sister go from very good to great. PS Bueckers stays in school)
3. PX Reese (Reese’s game fits perfectly with Griner up front better edgier Turner to defend and crash the boards and DT and Angel would be sick. Angel comes in with a chip on her shoulder and kills it.)
4. Seattle R. Jackson (Cardosa stays in school and focuses on Olympics in 24 ( is Brazil in the Olympics) Jackson fit pretty nicely with Loyd, Magbegor and Horston)

Cardoso is not staying last I’ve heard.

PostPosted: 12/10/23 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Sorta think Paige will return to UConn for one more season, considering all that she's been through.

How strong will they be next season though ?

PostPosted: 12/11/23 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

In theory everyone is back including Fudd/El-Alfy/Patterson who are all hopefully healthy. WBB will probably lose a lot of talent to the 2024 draft and most top teams will lose stars (ex. Stanford with Brink, SC with Cardoso, UCLA with Osborne, etc).

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/11/23 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indianapolis businesses pushing for Clark to enter draft. Bad year for the Big Ten Tourney to be held in Minneapolis.

https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/indy-businesses-push-for-caitlin-clark-to-go-pro-join-indiana-fever/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 12/12/23 11:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

Yeah I think UConn will be good next season too. They really only lose Edwards and are the lead candidates for the top recruit (Allison Feaster's daughter)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/12/23 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Indianapolis businesses pushing for Clark to enter draft. Bad year for the Big Ten Tourney to be held in Minneapolis.

https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/indy-businesses-push-for-caitlin-clark-to-go-pro-join-indiana-fever/

Word is Indiana seems like a destination for her as her BF aka coaches son now is an AC for the Indiana Pacers Very Happy

PostPosted: 12/12/23 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Hoops9092 wrote:

Yeah I think UConn will be good next season too. They really only lose Edwards and are the lead candidates for the top recruit (Allison Feaster's daughter)

Candidates for a top recruit should not be a reason to stay . Sarah Strong is a great high school post but shes not generational. Next year's UCONN will not be anywhere near this year's team and that's not saying alot as Edwards is their all everything if she leaves UCONN is back to square 1. Plus i have a hard time seeing Paige turn down the city of LA with marketing and endorsements better than anywhere in the country. NIL just got its trump card when it coms to Paige as well as coach Miller being the former HC of the Conn Sun im sure he already has a relationship with Paige.

PostPosted: 12/12/23 8:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a subscriber article right now. I don't know if it will become a regular article or not.

Quote:
Caitlin Clark would be the Fever’s Peyton Manning. She’d be their Steph Curry. She’d be the player who not only lifts this franchise into the top tier of the WNBA for a decade, but does it with the kind of flair that commands the attention of fans around the world.

If you’re giving me the side eye, it’s because you just don’t know. More to the point, if you’ve missed what’s happening, you don’t want to know.

Caitlin Clark is a one-woman revolution.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/bigten/2023/12/12/wnba-caitlin-clark-to-indiana-fever-draft/71890903007/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
awhom111

PostPosted: 12/12/23 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
This is a subscriber article right now. I don't know if it will become a regular article or not.

Quote:
Caitlin Clark would be the Fever’s Peyton Manning. She’d be their Steph Curry. She’d be the player who not only lifts this franchise into the top tier of the WNBA for a decade, but does it with the kind of flair that commands the attention of fans around the world.

If you’re giving me the side eye, it’s because you just don’t know. More to the point, if you’ve missed what’s happening, you don’t want to know.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaw/bigten/2023/12/12/wnba-caitlin-clark-to-indiana-fever-draft/71890903007/

Funnily enough, it is not paywalled everywhere if you just keep looking. I was able to read it here:
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2023/12/11/wnba-caitlin-clark-to-indiana-fever-draft-would-be-dream-come-true-for-indiananpolis-2024/71879011007/
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/12/23 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

awhom111 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Quote:

Funnily enough, it is not paywalled everywhere if you just keep looking. I was able to read it here:
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2023/12/11/wnba-caitlin-clark-to-indiana-fever-draft-would-be-dream-come-true-for-indiananpolis-2024/71879011007/

Thanks. It looks like it was posted on Indy Star on Monday and waiting a day made it free.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/28/24 2:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA DRAFT MOVES FROM MANHATTAN TO BROOKLYN, WILL BE TICKETED EVENT WITH FANS

https://winsidr.com/2024/02/breaking-wnba-draft-moves-from-manhattan-to-brooklyn-will-be-ticketed-event-with-fans/

Quote:
The WNBA announced details for their upcoming draft. On April 15, top prospects will hear their names called in Brooklyn, New York, at the famed BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music). WNBA Draft 2024 marks the first time the league’s draft will be a seated event with fans in attendance since the 2014-16 drafts were held at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut.

Commissioner Cathy Engelbert will announce draft picks live on ESPN through the network’s exclusive coverage of the event.

PostPosted: 02/29/24 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My one wish for this draft is that Holly Rowe not run around making stupid comments.

PostPosted: 03/01/24 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
My one wish for this draft is that Holly Rowe not run around making stupid comments.

Apparently she's a really nice person, but whenever I see her, I hit the mute button.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: