RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Interesting Looking Streaming Service Coming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/06/24 7:33 pm    ::: Interesting Looking Streaming Service Coming Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery announced plans on Tuesday to launch a sports streaming platform in the fall that will include offerings from at least 15 networks and all four major professional sports leagues.

Quote:
The platform will include games from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, WNBA, NASCAR and college sports, including the men’s and women’s NCAA Tournament, as well as golf, tennis and the FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
It will include offerings from 15 linear networks — ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, TNT, TBS, truTV — and ESPN+.

https://www.wane.com/entertainment-news/espn-fox-warner-bros-discovery-to-launch-sports-streaming-platform/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/06/24 8:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If ESPN and Fox withdraw their offerings from current streaming services, eg.YouTubeTV, Sling etc, most people are still going to want the existing services for all the other programming, and now we'll have to cough up another fee for the sports streaming service. This is nothing but a money grab.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/06/24 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
If ESPN and Fox withdraw their offerings from current streaming services, eg.YouTubeTV, Sling etc, most people are still going to want the existing services for all the other programming, and now we'll have to cough up another fee for the sports streaming service. This is nothing but a money grab.

Or a potential great deal for those that don't want all of the other useless, overpriced programming.

And yeah, they're going to make money. But that's the purpose of YouTubeTV, Sling, etc, as well. I'm not sure why you call this a money grab and don't also criticize the others. I remember paying $35.00 a month for YTTV. Then they increased it to $50.00. I'm not great at math, but I think that's a 30% increase.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 02/06/24 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the existing "linear"?? sports networks will still remain on cable.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 02/07/24 12:17 am    ::: Re: Interesting Looking Streaming Service Coming Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:
ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery announced plans on Tuesday to launch a sports streaming platform in the fall that will include offerings from at least 15 networks and all four major professional sports leagues.

Quote:
The platform will include games from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, WNBA, NASCAR and college sports, including the men’s and women’s NCAA Tournament, as well as golf, tennis and the FIFA World Cup.

Quote:
It will include offerings from 15 linear networks — ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, ESPNEWS, ABC, FOX, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, TNT, TBS, truTV — and ESPN+.

https://www.wane.com/entertainment-news/espn-fox-warner-bros-discovery-to-launch-sports-streaming-platform/
It sounds wonderful, but my main question is how much will it cost?

PostPosted: 02/07/24 8:34 am    ::: Re: Interesting Looking Streaming Service Coming Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It sounds wonderful, but my main question is how much will it cost?

That's my question too. I'm not sure what I'd be willing to pay for this. I have a feeling that it will be a little pricey though. They know that sports fans want it and that some are willing to pay whatever it takes.

It would be nice though to have most of the channels that I watch on the same service. It's so time consuming to switch from one streaming service to another just to peek in on another game that the first service doesn't carry.

scullyfu

PostPosted: 02/07/24 8:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Or a potential great deal for those that don't want all of the other useless, overpriced programming.

And yeah, they're going to make money. But that's the purpose of YouTubeTV, Sling, etc, as well. I'm not sure why you call this a money grab and don't also criticize the others. I remember paying $35.00 a month for YTTV. Then they increased it to $50.00. I'm not great at math, but I think that's a 30% increase.

YouTubeTV is now $72.99/month.

PostPosted: 02/07/24 9:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
How much would streaming service cost viewers?
It’s to be determined. But Thompson predicted it could cost more than $40.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2024/02/07/sports-streaming-app-espn-fox-warner-bros-viewers-know/72501606007/

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 02/07/24 9:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

YouTubeTV is now $72.99/month.

Isn't it sad? If only my wages had gone up 100+% in 5-6 years.

Quote:
Since its launch in 2017 at $35 a month, YouTube TV has seen several price hikes. The price went up to $50 in 2019 before another increase to $64.99 in 2020.

https://fox59.com/news/entertainment/youtube-tv-raises-price-to-72-99-a-month/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: