6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 30

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/02/23 1:23 am    ::: Who will end up #5? Reply Reply with quote

Who will end up 5th seed:

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/02/23 1:38 am    ::: Re: Who will end up #5? Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Who will end up 5th seed:

Games remaining:
Mystics (4) Sparks, Dream, Mercury, New York

Lynx (3) Mercury, Sky, Fever

Dream (3) Storm, Mystics, Wings

Current standings:
5 - Lynx (by 1/2 game)
6 - Mystics (by 1/2 game)
7 - Dream

I voted Mystics out of hope but I think it will be the Lynx. Mystics go 3-1, Lynx & Dream go 2-1. Mystics and Lynx would be tied and Lynx hold tie breaker. But Sky are fighting to get into playoffs and Fever are playing well. Likewise, Sparks are playing to get into playoffs, currently tied with Sky. Dream & Mystics play each other so that may decide it.

So Mystics play Sun and Lynx play Dallas. Atlanta likely play New York and Sparks or Sky play Aces.

~rAf
pilight

PostPosted: 09/02/23 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota has a half game lead, the easiest remaining schedule, and the tie-break edge over Washington. They're in good shape.

PostPosted: 09/02/23 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

even with the lynx winning two in a row recently against dallas, as a lynx fan i really want first round sun v. lynx matchup.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/02/23 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Minnesota has a half game lead, the easiest remaining schedule, and the tie-break edge over Washington. They're in good shape.

Unfortunately I have to agree with this assessment. Whoever the Mystics face in the first round, it will be the first time since early in the season that the Mystics will be healthy - and are playing their best ball of the season. That being said, the one thing that must be avoided is ending up as 7th seed. Unlikely given how the Mystics are playing right now.

~rAf
wnbafan

PostPosted: 09/03/23 6:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Unfortunately I have to agree with this assessment. Whoever the Mystics face in the first round, it will be the first time since early in the season that the Mystics will be healthy - and are playing their best ball of the season. That being said, the one thing that must be avoided is ending up as 7th seed. Unlikely given how the Mystics are playing right now.

Except that I believe both Atkins (fractured nose) and Austin (hip) are on the injured list again for tonight's game.

PostPosted: 09/03/23 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i didn't pay attention last year with Phee out, but can someone actually remind me the playoff seedings?
is it still bottom 4 play each other and top 4 get at least 1 bye?

tfan

PostPosted: 09/03/23 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

snlMINAJ wrote:
i didn't pay attention last year with Phee out, but can someone actually remind me the playoff seedings?
is it still bottom 4 play each other and top 4 get at least 1 bye?

No, they scrapped that.

Quote:
In November 2021, the WNBA Board of Governors formalized a new playoff system that will structure the 2022 playoffs onward. The new playoff format scraps the single-elimination games of the first two rounds in favor of a best-of-3 quarterfinal round. As a result, all eight playoff teams, seeded according to overall regular season record regardless of conference (1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5), will begin postseason play in the first round

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/04/23 3:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

what a difference a day makes Minny might have 5th locked up with a game and a half lead over 6th and only two games left against Chi and Indy
now just as interesting who ends up 8th and 9th

Atl currently 6th 17-20 3 games left Storm, Mystics, Wings

Wash currently 7th 17-20 3 games left Dream, Mercury, NY

LA currently 8th 16-21 3 games left Conn, NY, Sea

Chi currently 9th 15-22 3 games left Indy, Minn, Conn

The Dream vs Mystics game means at least one loss for one of those teams

Was and LA play NY once
LA and Chi play Conn

and each of the above teams play a lottery team but would you rather play
LA and Atl play Seattle (4-6 in last 10)
Chi plays Indy (5-5 in last 10)
Wash plays PX (2-8 in last 10)

I don'y have a full prediction but if Chi loses to Indy they are done, If Chi beats Indy it get a little more interesting LA can help themselves a lot by beating Conn that same day
Washington should be safe they open their 3 last games against the weakest of the lottery teams but if they lose to PX on Tuesday all bets are off, their next game is against Atl both of whom could be playing to not only not fall into the lottery but getting the 6th seed and play the 3rd seed sounds a lot better then ending up 7th or 8th and going against Vegas or NY in round one. (Washington's other good fortune is their game against NY is the last game of the season and if Vegas has secured the top spot in the playoffs before that BY could rest its big guns, on the other hand if NY can secure the top seed with the last their last game Washington better bank some wins before then).
Atl can relax a little if they beat Seattle on Wed but if they lose they could be fighting for their playoff lives as well in the game against Wash
Chi probably has the toughest remaining schedule but LA is also in a very precarious position. If LA loses to both Conn and NY which seems possible Chicago could jump them for the last playoff spot and considering Chicago has already traded its first round pick for next season they have no motivation to tank, that is the twist and Chicago has the tie break with LA so if Chicago wins 1 and LA wins 0 or Chicago wins 2 and LA wins 1 Chicago jumps them (and if Chicago wins 3 and LA wins 2 Chicago also jumps them but I don't see Chicago winning all 3 and I think it will be a challenge for LA to go 2-1 at this point with Conn, NY and a feisty Seattle team in front of them (If LA wanted to tank considering they do have their pick now is the time to do it).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: