RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jill Biden wants...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 04/05/23 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PG4ever wrote:
I understand why Reese called Jill Biden's comments a joke and why she's taken a defensive stance but I think it'd be cool if Michelle Obama invited Reese over and during dinner had a conversation with her about how accepting the invitation to the WH could go a long way toward diplomacy and might give Reese a chance to have an important conversation with Jill Biden.

FORTUNATELY, I believe Mrs. Obama has far more class than that - I doubt she'd reward the petulant behavior of any star, and certainly not one as dim as Reese.

I see where Miss Angel has announced that *they* will not accept the invitation. I'd have guessed that was Kim's place, but....who knows? Maybe Reese is running the show now. Razz

PostPosted: 04/05/23 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this true? IF SO, I really hope that they all stay home. If the reason had been that they felt that they needed to prep for the game/didn't want distractions, I'd understand. But because Joe didn't pick them in his bracket.
Guess what honey?? A fuck-ton of other people didn't pick you either. Oh, and good luck on getting another shout out from the Obama's. I can't imagine that they want to get anywhere near your toxicity.

Maybe I'll start calling her Angel Dis-reese-pectful. (Maybe if it didn't sound so Trump-esque.)

https://www.outkick.com/lsu-players-refused-to-meet-first-lady-jill-biden-leading-up-to-national-championship/

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Davis4632

PostPosted: 04/06/23 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/05/sport/angel-reese-white-house-jill-biden-intl-spt/index.html

The LSU Athletic Department has accepted the invite.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 04/06/23 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
Is this true? IF SO, I really hope that they all stay home. If the reason had been that they felt that they needed to prep for the game/didn't want distractions, I'd understand. But because Joe didn't pick them in his bracket.
Guess what honey?? A fuck-ton of other people didn't pick you either. Oh, and good luck on getting another shout out from the Obama's. I can't imagine that they want to get anywhere near your toxicity.

Maybe I'll start calling her Angel Dis-reese-pectful. (Maybe if it didn't sound so Trump-esque.)

https://www.outkick.com/lsu-players-refused-to-meet-first-lady-jill-biden-leading-up-to-national-championship/

Mulkey is a big Trump supporter. I’d guess that’s more the reason…

PostPosted: 04/06/23 7:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Mulkey is a big Trump supporter. I’d guess that’s more the reason…

So Dis-reese-pectful is just saying shit to say shit? If that's the case, I'm kind of surprised that someone in the athletic dept/LSU admin has had a sit down with her and tell her to STFU, or at least tone it down. It's not a good look on the team or university.

Quote:
When asked about their motive, Reese stated that President Joe Biden’s March Madness prediction was disrespectful to the Tigers, who defeated the Hawkeyes, 102-85.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Stonington_QB

PostPosted: 04/06/23 11:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LSU throwing down the gauntlet and saying they WILL attend WH:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/06/lsu-says-itd-certainly-accept-white-house-invite-despite-biden-reese-tiff/

summertime blues

PostPosted: 04/06/23 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stonington_QB wrote:
LSU throwing down the gauntlet and saying they WILL attend WH:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/04/06/lsu-says-itd-certainly-accept-white-house-invite-despite-biden-reese-tiff/

I guess Ms. Bayou Barbie can go or stay home, whatever. I hope Kim tells her to mind her damn manners when they go.

PostPosted: 04/07/23 4:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angel Reese And Jill Biden Achieve Detente

https://defector.com/angel-reese-and-jill-biden-achieve-detente

Quote:
Late in the championship game, Reese made the John Cena hand gesture to Clark, a callback to Clark doing the same thing to Van Lith in the Elite Eight round. This caused much ado among people who had never watched either player before Sunday evening. Several leapt to Clark's defense and called Reese "classless." They then explained the exact time, duration, score differential, relative humidity, dew point, county, and planetary alignment in which trash-talking is and isn't OK.

PostPosted: 04/08/23 5:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

While i do not think much of the Bidens. He is still the president and she is the first Lady. Wd do not have to respect them personally, but we should respect the office.

I gave the after game antics not much of a notice. However, Angels comments about the first Lady were disrespecful, not to her but to the office. She made things worse by saying they should not go to the White House when invited. Then magnified it by saying they should go visit the Obama's. One of her claims was that she felt Jills statements were racially motivatee.Then she makes the statement that they should reject the Bidens and visit the Obama's which has obvious racial connotiations. just because someone is a minority does not give them a free pass on racial statements. This has been going on for far too long.

As too Mulkey holding Reese accountable, i doubt she will. Mulkey has a history of bending over backwards for active players. She runs interference for them when ever she can. I remember when she suspende Griner for one game after Griner blindside punched that opposition player. A blindside punch after the play was over warrented much more than that. Even that one game did not affect the team at all. However, she made sure it was just for one game inorder to not affect their play off position. I can not say if Mulkey does this out of being a mother hen to her players of purely for their value to the team. But iss one or the other.

PostPosted: 04/08/23 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've said it before and I'm not afraid to say it again. Kim Mulkey is not exactly the epitome of class.

PostPosted: 04/09/23 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vbziEu2aO0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PostPosted: 04/09/23 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3vbziEu2aO0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That's actually pretty good.

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 04/09/23 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Angel Reese And Jill Biden Achieve Detente

https://defector.com/angel-reese-and-jill-biden-achieve-detente

Quote:
Late in the championship game, Reese made the John Cena hand gesture to Clark, a callback to Clark doing the same thing to Van Lith in the Elite Eight round. This caused much ado among people who had never watched either player before Sunday evening. Several leapt to Clark's defense and called Reese "classless." They then explained the exact time, duration, score differential, relative humidity, dew point, county, and planetary alignment in which trash-talking is and isn't OK.

All the Reese defenders fail to mention that Angel CHASED Caitlin all over the freaking court. She did not "just flash a gesture." The lack of acknowledgement of the chase scene is not a good look. I get that plenty of fragile white people have made fools of themselves, including Jill Biden. But that is not a good excuse to not acknowledge the real differences between Caitlin's half second gesture and Angel's chasing Caitlin all over the court.

~rAf
blaase22

PostPosted: 04/09/23 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reese is getting all the attention she hoped for Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: