RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#9 Miami vs #1 Indiana - 3/20/23
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
singinerd54

PostPosted: 03/20/23 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

singinerd54 wrote:
Would be great if someone could win the game, rather than give it away.

I'm glad they listened to me!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/20/23 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that entire 4Q was college basketball at its finest. some of the smoothest back-and-forth action i’ve seen in a game in a while.

incredible ending, incredible game. Miami 100% deserved to win; Indiana for whatever reason just could never take the lead. really a shame either team had to go home with the loss – certainly for Indiana on their home floor in the first weekend. ouch.

Destiny Harden is BIG MF TIME.

Last edited by Stormeo on 03/20/23 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/20/23 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huzzah for UCavinder!
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 03/20/23 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

About the 5:00 mark of the first quarter, IU took a time out instead of waiting for the media time out.

Bet Teri wishes she had that back.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
tfan

PostPosted: 03/21/23 3:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana is athletic enough for the regular season but they don't have the athleticism of a #1 seed in the post season. But they still could have won this game if they hadn't started so poorly. That is really tough to lose on your home court in the second round.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 03/21/23 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

People need to realize that Holmes not being at 100% takes Indiana from a fantastic team down to just a "very good" team.

PostPosted: 03/21/23 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
People need to realize that Holmes not being at 100% takes Indiana from a fantastic team down to just a "very good" team.

Agree, but tfan is pretty accurate. Indiana is a very good team, but a roster like that will probably never make a NC game.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 03/22/23 11:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bet against Miami twice and lost. Laughing

Always risky to bet against a Katie Meyers coached team.

Howee

PostPosted: 03/22/23 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
IU just 3 down now. Refs not calling some they should, calling some they shouldn’t.

Officiating has been pretty crazy.

So, I finally got to watch the entire game tonight. That was some kinda bush league reffing - in spots, but in significant spots. There were, what, 8 kids in foul trouble most of the game? This might come closest of any tourney games I've seen where the ref's really had a negative impact on the outcome.

To me (even though I had them going all the way in one of my brackets Razz ), I never really believed IN could pull that off; I DID believe they'd make it to the Elite Eight, at least, though. Their amazing record was more about their really consistent, gritty gamesmanship. They just ran into somebody who was a bit grittier that night. Kudos to BOTH teams: Indiana for it's best-ever season, and Miami for it's gutsy, no-fear game.

*side note: Pendande was a player I never watched before, but she was impressive in that game; they said she transferred from Utah, eh? Interesting to think how much better Utah might have been WITH her Exclamation

PostPosted: 03/24/23 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Indiana was not putting anyone to rebound one of their free throws. Late in the game a missed free throw went right to where an Indiana player would have been had they not made this unusual decision. They did put players to rebound the next time, but the game was almost over.

Not putting rebounders in is apparently showing a weakness. The announcer said something about Indiana being afraid Miami would fast break on them. Don't quite understand that as you can still have two players back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: