RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

W.N.I.T. results
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 03/16/23 9:52 pm    ::: W.N.I.T. results Reply Reply with quote

So far, much of round one has been completed, and so far it's been all *chalk* results: Home Team (higher seed) = winner.

Here's The Bracket.

PostPosted: 03/17/23 9:55 am    ::: Re: W.N.I.T. results Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
So far, much of round one has been completed, and so far it's been all *chalk* results: Home Team (higher seed) = winner.

Here's The Bracket.

The home team isn't necessarily the higher seed- I believe there's a bidding process that both teams undergo to determine who hosts. I'm surprised Seton Hall is hosting Syracuse.

GEF34

PostPosted: 03/17/23 4:07 pm    ::: Re: W.N.I.T. results Reply Reply with quote

Coyotes wrote:
Howee wrote:

Here's The Bracket.

The home team isn't necessarily the higher seed- I believe there's a bidding process that both teams undergo to determine who hosts. I'm surprised Seton Hall is hosting Syracuse.

There aren't actually "seeds" in the WNIT as a lot of bracket is created around regional locations.

As far as hosting goes it comes down to who is willing to pay and much they are willing to play. In previous years schools have said we will pay until a certain round, or we will pay after a certain round and some are willing to skip bidding for specific rounds with the hopes of being able to bid more for later rounds.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/17/23 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very happy to see both CAA teams (including Towson, which got absolutely massacred by Harvard) AND Liberty lose in the first round.

PostPosted: 03/20/23 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ducks take down Rice by 25 .... Go PAC 12 😎

PostPosted: 03/23/23 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mar. 23: Oregon has a big shooting night to slide into the NIT quarterfinals; they took out San Diego, 81-61, hitting 14 3s.

Also on to the Elite Eight:

Bowling Green over Memphis
Harvard over Rhode Island
Florida over Clemson
Kansas over Nebraska

PostPosted: 03/24/23 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Punch thrown in handshake line of BGSU/Memphis game. 🙄 This shit is getting old.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35929016/punch-memphis-bowling-green-game-referred-campus-police

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
pilight

PostPosted: 03/24/23 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stay classy, Memphis

PostPosted: 03/24/23 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Memphis player has been charged with assault by the BG campus police. Too bad not the city cops.

PostPosted: 03/24/23 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UW tops Kansas State, will host the Ducks on Sunday.

tfan

PostPosted: 03/25/23 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
The Memphis player has been charged with assault by the BG campus police. Too bad not the city cops.

Have to wonder what weight a charge by campus police (is that different than security guards?) in a college you are not attending carries. Possibly none.

It is the typical punch thrown situation. Just hit her with a punch and cause at most a bruise and it is condemnation and school discipline. Hit her with a punch and cause her to go down to the floor where she lays for half a minute then it escalates to campus police. If she hit her head on the floor and knocked out and was wheeled off to the hospital the real police would get involved. Outcome of the punch determines the response.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/26/23 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Off to Columbia today to see if they can figure out how to beat Harvard this time. I just think that would be neat.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 03/26/23 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Have to wonder what weight a charge by campus police (is that different than security guards?) in a college you are not attending carries. Possibly none.

It is the typical punch thrown situation. Just hit her with a punch and cause at most a bruise and it is condemnation and school discipline. Hit her with a punch and cause her to go down to the floor where she lays for half a minute then it escalates to campus police. If she hit her head on the floor and knocked out and was wheeled off to the hospital the real police would get involved. Outcome of the punch determines the response.

Assault is assault. Had the player she hit been seriously hurt, it would have been assault and battery and then the real cops would have gotten involved for sure. The fact that the Memphis coach got hired away immediately complicates the situation in that normally the player would probably have been thrown off the team; however, I think her status is somewhat in limbo unless the school disciplinary committee gets involved.

BTW, a principle I learned in nursing school was that if I cut a patient's hair without permission of them or their family, that is assault. Simple assault. If a teacher does the same to a student, the same thing, especially if that student is a minor.

PostPosted: 03/29/23 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TODAY

Columbia @ Bowling Green, 6:00pm et on ESPN3
Washington @ Kansas, 7:30pm et on BIG12|ESPN+

calbearman76

PostPosted: 03/29/23 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I am very impressed with Bowling Green"s promotion, giving out "Beat Columbia" Orange T-Shirts. That seemed to spur on the Tigers who ran out to a 23-7start.

Columbia 23-15 late in the 1st.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 03/29/23 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

calbearman76 wrote:
Tigers who ran out to a 23-7start.

Wrong feline. Columbia = Lions. Mortal enemy Princeton = Tigers.
Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/29/23 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Columbia wins at Bowling Green, 77-70, to advance to the championship game.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 03/29/23 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

my kiss of death strikes again

i tell everyone to watch the UW-KU game and UW proceeds to shit the bed in incredible yet still non-entertaining fashion

Kansas beats down Washington, 61-36

like really? we can’t even score 60 let alone 50 let alone 40 points?? fucking horseshit last game

i luv all our players as people but most of them have been garbage as players this season and for some of them, their whole time here they’ve simply been misplaced at the P5 level

Langley’s my COY for getting us to 19 wins

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 03/30/23 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

36??? 😬

PostPosted: 03/31/23 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
36??? 😬

it was so bad, i had to turn it off before the game/our season/the end of our seniors' [college] basketball careers was over. like, i wasn't emotional for them at the end – i was just mad at them for being so bad lmao, and at the worst time! we've been offensively challenged all season, but that was objectively our worst showing on that end of the year. i love our seniors as people, but also like... good riddance.

if your program has better talent relative to most their competition, you are blessed. y'all would be wise to never forget that.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/01/23 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the Championship matchup today:

Columbia @ Kansas
5:30pm et / 4:30pm ct
CBS Sports Network

myrtle

PostPosted: 04/01/23 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

a ripsnorter so far in Kansas. It's on CBS sports

tfan

PostPosted: 04/01/23 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
tfan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Assault is assault. Had the player she hit been seriously hurt, it would have been assault and battery and then the real cops would have gotten involved for sure.

This says any contact is battery and serious injury is aggravated battery. However, I have heard of aggravated assault, so they seem to use those terms interchangeably even though they have different definitions. But whatever it was, my feeling is, punching someone in the line would not have gotten elevated to "campus police filed charges" if the victim had stayed standing and hadn't been on the ground for a few minutes. They would have chosen not to press charges and left it at disciplinary actions by the Memphis Athletic Director.

Ihttps://www.shouselaw.com/ca/blog/assault-vs-battery/

Stormeo

PostPosted: 04/02/23 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

uhh anyway, Kansas won

GEF34

PostPosted: 04/02/23 7:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

Some universities have actual police stations on campus, looking up the station on the Bowling Green campus it appears it's a an actual station that happens to be on their campus not security that just work for the university.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: