RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

22 yr old AC impersonates 13 yr old player in a game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/31/23 1:59 pm    ::: 22 yr old AC impersonates 13 yr old player in a game Reply Reply with quote

https://www.wavy.com/sports/local-sports/22-year-old-assistant-girls-basketball-coach-impersonates-13-year-old-jv-player/

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/sports/highschool/2023/01/31/virginia-high-school-jv-girls-basketball-coach-fired-impersonating-player/11153033002/

A 22 year old assistant coach decided to fill in for a 13 yr old player in a HS JV game when the girl was out of town. There's actually video in the top link of her playing.

She got busted, got fired along with the head coach, and the players voted not to play any more for the school this year.

It's one of those "what were you possibly thinking" kind of things.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/31/23 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw this this morning. All I've been wondering all day is what in the world are these people on that led them to think this wouldn't be noticed?

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/02/23 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A fan died following a huge brawl at a middle school game in VT this week in which pepper spray was deployed. WTH are people thinking?

Quote:
More fallout from that fight that broke out during a Vermont middle school basketball game: Fans will be banned from all home games in the district for the rest of the season.

During a seventh- and eighth-grade basketball game between Alburgh and St. Albans City in Alburgh on Tuesday, a brawl broke out on center court among adult spectators. Video of the fight showed a couple of young players were also involved.

A man involved in that brawl experienced a medical event while driving home. Russell Giroux, 60, of Alburgh, died at the hospital. We don’t yet know whether the fight contributed to his death.

Now, Grand Isle Superintendent Michael Clark is banning spectators from all home basketball games in the district for the rest of the season.

Quote:
someone had deployed pepper spray during the fracas, making it difficult for them to breathe.

https://www.wcax.com/2023/02/02/fans-banned-games-following-melee-vermont-middle-school/
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-interview-witnesses-after-grandfather-dies-following-fight-at-middle-school-basketball-game-in-vermont/ar-AA172Kih

Howee

PostPosted: 02/03/23 8:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
I saw this this morning. All I've been wondering all day is what in the world are these people on that led them to think this wouldn't be noticed?

And that all really sucks for the poor kid who was away playing for a club team: now her school season is ended early, through no fault of her own!

PostPosted: 02/06/23 5:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don’t know if the rules changed, (I don’t think they have changed) but in Minnesota you were not allowed to play for a club team during the high school season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: