RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2023 WNBA Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we assuming the dim light of Chiney is re-signing as big sis did as well ??

PostPosted: 02/02/23 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Are we assuming the dim light of Chiney is re-signing as big sis did as well ??

I am (if she doesn't retire) If she is coming off the bench behind Nneka and Azure that works Add Hamby eventually and that is a decent post rotation

I like the Stevens signing and Talbot joining KLS as a two headed SF and bringing back L. Brown

LA has made some decent move IMO

I am guessing we will see one more from the free agent lit maybe Heideman or C. Will or someone less expected like T. Mitchell, Billings or Hayes

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA’s roster is truly giving me Miller’s Connecticut vibes. Not the most talented roster in the league, but still very good and will finish in the top third of the standings and probably get to at least the Semis, if not the Finals… while ultimately falling short.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tiff Mitchell to Minnesota
https://twitter.com/Khristina/status/1621192794004938753?s=20&t=tggDK1tTUBdqyhsz3n7bZQ

Allemand and Messemean rumored to be sitting out 2023. Poor Chicago has been stripped bare of talent.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
LA’s roster is truly giving me Miller’s Connecticut vibes. Not the most talented roster in the league, but still very good and will finish in the top third of the standings and probably get to at least the Semis, if not the Finals… while ultimately falling short.

I don't hate what he's doing. With Vegas and New York being the superteams that they now are heading into the 2023 seasons, I don't see much room for a third true contender right now. But you have three late draft picks to play with in 2023, *plus* two 1st rounders in 2024. If you can establish a solid core (esp. front court) and culture this season, then add some key pieces (backcourt) heading into 2024, things are suddenly looking very promising....

PostPosted: 02/02/23 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

undersized_post wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I don't hate what he's doing. With Vegas and New York being the superteams that they now are heading into the 2023 seasons, I don't see much room for a third true contender right now. But you have three late draft picks to play with in 2023, *plus* two 1st rounders in 2024. If you can establish a solid core (esp. front court) and culture this season, then add some key pieces (backcourt) heading into 2024, things are suddenly looking very promising....

Right, if they retain who they've signed & re-signed into 2024... maybe New York's core group breaks up a little, maybe Candace Parker retires by then, and the window then gets opened into possibly being a #1 team.

That said, their guard group still needs some help, especially if they don't keep Carter.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/02/23 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So what are we still waiting on

Sloot
(After thinking about it I am now wording if Stewart will be a sign and trade to free up the cap to also sign Sloot, could also see her going to Seattle anyway or Minny being an outside third option)

Mabrey
(I wonder if what Sloot does has any impact on this. IMO Dallas should just re-sign her, if not maybe we see another possible sign and trade)

Griner and DT
(assuming the are both going back to PX Griner for super max DT maybe takes a big discount to open up some cap for additional help)

less exciting but still of interest UFA
T. Mitchell
Hayes
Billings
Harrison
E. Will
C. Will
Jefferson
Does Meesseman return?
Stokes
L. Allen

RFA
Carelton
Heideman (wondering if she just re-signs or if there is a PG domino waiting period)

Did I miss anyone major?

Just sending my list to this page
T. Mitchell off to Minyy

I also forgot
T. Charles

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar posting some incriminating tweets .....i wont say anything or what i really would like to say but you all get it .

https://twitter.com/EJayArrow/status/1621197587024855042?s=20&t=Iw23se1f2eHKYte84Rvwdw

PostPosted: 02/02/23 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Skylar posting some incriminating tweets .....i wont say anything or what i really would like to say but you all get it .

https://twitter.com/EJayArrow/status/1621197587024855042?s=20&t=Iw23se1f2eHKYte84Rvwdw

Interesting Skylar would be talking about "class" when her classless BS has made her close to untouchable for teams concerned about team chemistry. Add in the fact that she sat out the entire season after giving birth the first time and it equals: there are NO takers for SDS.

SDS made the Olympic team then whined and whined and whined some more when she got minimal playing time. Pure chemistry buster.

~rAf
ucbart

PostPosted: 02/02/23 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sloot to the Liberty

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Interesting Skylar would be talking about "class" when her classless BS has made her close to untouchable for teams concerned about team chemistry. Add in the fact that she sat out the entire season after giving birth the first time and it equals: there are NO takers for SDS.

SDS made the Olympic team then whined and whined and whined some more when she got minimal playing time. Pure chemistry buster.

Unfortunately she has a few suitors ......But the folks upstairs in PFO have the final say . Crazy how when she did this to Dallas the entire league and fans turned and went against the Wings for her . She originated this perception about the Dallas franchise and now she's doing the same thing in PHX except people are turning on her this time.

PostPosted: 02/02/23 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Courtney Williams the 3rd member from the sun who was suspected to leave is officially a member of the chicago sky .

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDS to LA for Carter , pick 10 and a future first? Could work. It would free up some cap in PX if they wanted to try and sign some of what remains (Jefferson, Harrison , Hayes? Big offer sheet for Mabrey?)

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/02/23 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
SDS to LA for Carter , pick 10 and a future first? Could work. It would free up some cap in PX if they wanted to try and sign some of what remains (Jefferson, Harrison , Hayes? Big offer sheet for Mabrey?)

Carter
DT
and BG on the same team with the coach who's not the sharpest of them all would spell *Fireworks from day 1 of training camp*. Trading a player who has chemistry issues for another player who has the same problems would not be ideal if the franchise is serious about winning in my opinion. I still firmly believe the best destination for Diggins is Indiana. Why not SDS for #1 & Henderson ?

PostPosted: 02/02/23 5:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

I can't tell if she's beefing with a teammate, the Phoenix front office, Puma, her morning sickness, or whoever cut her off in the turning lane.

(now with spelling variations)
DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
Did Nneka even consider going anywhere else?

Seems to me she just likes being in LA, regardless of the state of the franchise.

Maybe someday she will head to Dallas as it seems everyone is now "heading home".

If that is the case she will be pretty much a non factor at that point😒

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

LMAO....I already know 😆😆😆😆

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

+1😎

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/02/23 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Unfortunately she has a few suitors ......But the folks upstairs in PFO have the final say . Crazy how when she did this to Dallas the entire league and fans turned and went against the Wings for her . She originated this perception about the Dallas franchise and now she's doing the same thing in PHX except people are turning on her this time.

EXACTLY!!!

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 02/03/23 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I can't tell if she's beefing with a teammate, the Phoenix front office, Puma, her morning sickness, or whoever cut her off in the turning lane.

This legitimately made me laugh out loud Laughing Laughing Laughing

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/03/23 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

EXACTLY!!!

But its PHX of course they won't believe the franchise did anything wrong like Dallas would Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 02/03/23 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe her it’s the fucking tankury!

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 02/03/23 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
I believe her it’s the fucking tankury!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/04/23 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
So Azure chooses LA , that is somewhat out of left field to me . Where does she fit with their roster currently ? Let me see that depth chart update lol

https://theathletic.com/4150263/2023/02/02/azura-stevens-free-agency-contract-sparks-wnba/

I said the same thing on Twitter! I thought for sure MN would make the most sense...maybe the lure of LaLa land is greater than being in the Midwest.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/04/23 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

see

EXACTLY!!!

But its PHX of course they won't believe the franchise did anything wrong like Dallas would Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: