RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Miami coach Katie Meier suspended for 1st 3 games of season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/06/22 1:10 pm    ::: Miami coach Katie Meier suspended for 1st 3 games of season Reply Reply with quote

https://apnews.com/article/travel-sports-basketball-miami-florida-16e1da078a73f830c7abcf4c06e9a4dc

Quote:
Meier will miss Monday’s season-opener against Maryland-Eastern Shore, Thursday’s game against Stetson and a Nov. 13 matchup with Boston University, all at home. She will return for a Nov. 16 game, also at home, against Florida Atlantic.

Assistant head coach Fitzroy Anthony will lead the team in Meier’s absence.

PostPosted: 11/06/22 3:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What is an "enforcement matter"? Is this arising from the NCAA inquiry into NIL deals? The Cavinders' arrangements probably received a lot of scrutiny.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/06/22 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was trying to figure out why I dislike that photo of SDD so much, Pilight. I think part of it is the bright red splotches right on her tits.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/06/22 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I was trying to figure out why I dislike that photo of SDD so much, Pilight. I think part of it is the bright red splotches right on her tits.

I know, right??!....it's like....they're off center! Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 11/06/22 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And myrtle wins the award for furthest out of left field thread derailment of the year. Shocked

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/06/22 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

I never really examined that photo with any scrutiny. Now I can't unsee what Myrtle is talking about!🤣

PostPosted: 11/06/22 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
And myrtle wins the award for furthest out of left field thread derailment of the year. Shocked

thank you. we all like gold stars by our names! Laughing but I think it's probably not quite the best/worst.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/06/22 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
What is an "enforcement matter"? Is this arising from the NCAA inquiry into NIL deals? The Cavinders' arrangements probably received a lot of scrutiny.

yeah, I immediately thought of the Cavinders as well. But it could be something totally different. Still I don't know how they keep the NIL deals from being str8 out bribery.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 11/06/22 11:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

yeah, I immediately thought of the Cavinders as well. But it could be something totally different. Still I don't know how they keep the NIL deals from being str8 out bribery.

I read somewhere recently that their NIL deals now total close to $2M. They've spent a lot of time filming videos for TikTok etc to keep recruiting followers and pushing their value as product spokespersons up higher.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 11/06/22 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bitches online go crazy for good-looking twins

a bulk of their followers probably don’t even care that they play basketball

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 11/07/22 4:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
bitches online go crazy for good-looking twins

a bulk of their followers probably don’t even care that they play basketball

Pilight did state that it PAYS to be blonde.💵💰

PostPosted: 01/17/23 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Huh...somehow I'd never considered the possibility of players using their social media clout to influence recruiting. Seems obvious, but extremely stupid. You'd basically be self-reporting a recruiting violation as you're making the violation.

PostPosted: 01/18/23 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Huh...somehow I'd never considered the possibility of players using their social media clout to influence recruiting. Seems obvious, but extremely stupid. You'd basically be self-reporting a recruiting violation as you're making the violation.

welcome to 2023

PostPosted: 02/24/23 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NCAA ruling on the case.

Quote:
Ruiz questioned why the NCAA opted to issue its first sanctions in a sport where NIL deals as recruiting inducements have not been viewed as a widespread issue. Most complaints about improper inducements have come from football and men's basketball teams. He also questioned why the NCAA would focus on two athletes who have some of the largest legitimate market values of any of their peers because of the size of their social media following.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35727606/ncaa-sanctions-miami-women-hoop-nil-related-infraction

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
elsie

PostPosted: 02/24/23 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

it angers me that they go after a womens team for the first "enforcement" of the nil "rules".....

its like the NCAA going after North Carolina mens basketball program by penalizing some other small school....

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/25/23 11:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The NCAA is just parading their minuscule "authority", or what's left of it after the NIL ruling, by going after what they perceive as a "soft" target. I could give you a crude simile, but it would get me banned. You get the idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: