Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milks26

PostPosted: 01/16/23 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Keep Alarie. We've barely seen what she can do for the team. VJ stunt so much growth from these girls. Ty's that point gawd. Dumb a&s Bibb as always

Ty harris was steady , i would not say she was a Point Gawwd , i mean she had her minutes taken by a rookie last season . I think Bibb actually made a good move here. Harris will have a fine career elsewhere her time here was up.

Alright. She had her mins taken or VJ didn't know what she was doing? Ok, she was a point gawd in college. Will leave it there. Let's see if she becomes one in the W for someone else.

PostPosted: 01/16/23 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Keep Alarie. We've barely seen what she can do for the team. VJ stunt so much growth from these girls. Ty's that point gawd. Dumb a&s Bibb as always

Ty harris was steady , i would not say she was a Point Gawwd , i mean she had her minutes taken by a rookie last season . I think Bibb actually made a good move here. Harris will have a fine career elsewhere her time here was up.

Alright. She had her mins taken or VJ didn't know what she was doing? Ok, she was a point gawd in college. Will leave it there. Let's see if she becomes one in the W for someone else.

Just my opinion feel free to have your's. College is not the WNBA so i feel she had an ample amount of time to prove herself and step up to the plate yet she got outplayed by multiple players at her same position. Heck the job ended up going to a unnatural PG In Mabrey . Who would have thought ?

PostPosted: 01/16/23 7:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't have the slightest idea how to link an IG post, but Khristina Williams posted on January 3 that Bella Alarie was listed as active and her rights were renounced. She hasn't taken it down, but I guess she whiffed? Messed up verbiage? Misunderstood? (It was in a list of other folks whose rights had also been renounced)

Shrug

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/16/23 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
You can't renounce your rights to someone you owe over 83,000 dollars this year. It'd be like saying "I renounce my rights to this credit card bill."

😂😂😂😂Not the credit card bill😆😆😆😆

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/16/23 10:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

THANK YOU.....GEEZ, I thought I was the only one who 1000% supports this trade!!!

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/16/23 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

THANK YOU.....GEEZ, I thought I was the only one who 1000% supports this trade!!!

Howard was a great pick up for the Wings

Dallas sent out two decent rotational players and got a starter at a position of need who not only is a great fit between McCowan and Sabally but brings a level of experience and leadership that will only benefit the Wings. And Dangerfield is a perfect good back up PG in this league I think Dallas did very well in the trade.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/17/23 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dallas won the trade by getting a talent upgrade in Natasha Howard (don’t factor in Dangerfield until she makes the roster)

New York turned a Natasha Howard package into Jonquel Jones, which could end up being a marginal difference on the court – but, the Liberty importantly gained cap space (ditching Bec Allen’s salary was an underrated aspect in all this), which is its own win

Connecticut meanwhile is… going through some things…

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/17/23 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Dallas sent out two decent rotational players and got a starter at a position of need who not only is a great fit between McCowan and Sabally but brings a level of experience and leadership that will only benefit the Wings. And Dangerfield is a perfect good back up PG in this league I think Dallas did very well in the trade.

_____________X 1000000

PostPosted: 01/17/23 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
Dallas won the trade by getting a talent upgrade in Natasha Howard (don’t factor in Dangerfield until she makes the roster)

New York turned a Natasha Howard package into Jonquel Jones, which could end up being a marginal difference on the court – but, the Liberty importantly gained cap space (ditching Bec Allen’s salary was an underrated aspect in all this), which is its own win

I agree whole heartedly with this notion. I like Dangermouse , but I'm not so sure she's going to help us . She's a great talent offensively but a liability defensively that teams pick on every game. We need defensive improvements over offensive improvements imo.

PostPosted: 01/17/23 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

I agree whole heartedly with this notion. I like Dangermouse , but I'm not so sure she's going to help us . She's a great talent offensively but a liability defensively that teams pick on every game. We need defensive improvements over offensive improvements imo.

Because short guards are a liability on defense in the WNBA that is the main reason why I am not a fan of diminutive guards in college basketball. Yes, they look good and can excell at that level. The W is a major step up in talent and short guards can not defend a player that is just as fast as they are and has a eight inch height advantage.

PostPosted: 01/17/23 10:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:

Yep.

Bibb should've gotten Johannes instead. Esp now that it appears Sloot may go to NY

PostPosted: 01/18/23 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yep.

Bibb should've gotten Johannes instead. Esp now that it appears Sloot may go to NY

I agree , but makes sense why he did not . IF he does he get's burned for making a terrible trade for a player who comes over once or twice every 5 years.

PostPosted: 01/18/23 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yep.

I agree , but makes sense why he did not . IF he does he get's burned for making a terrible trade for a player who comes over once or twice every 5 years.

Won't be anything new. His getting burned right now with his roster. Stay hurt or slugglish development....

I'm hopping he tags Indy for some trade moves

PostPosted: 01/18/23 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yep.

Won't be anything new. His getting burned right now with his roster. Stay hurt or slugglish development....

Sluggish development i agree with , but his roster well the majority that remains just won a playoff game and forced the team who went to the WNBA finals to 3 games on their home court. I think things are still moving in the right direction. I'm more concerned with the first time HC and well she gels with the players.

PostPosted: 01/18/23 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:

Hell, I wanted to draft Dangerfield the year she came into the league so I'm definitely excited about this trade! I was at work watching her '22 season highlights on YouTube and the shit had me amped, I can't wait for the season to start.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/18/23 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Dangermouse.....I caint, not can't...I caint😆😆😆😆😆😂😂😂

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 01/18/23 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yep.

I will take Henderson off their hands....who do you want?

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/18/23 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/MAVoepel/status/1615865386121187328

Gray to Atl. I think she would've thrived under Coach Trammel or possibly would made it to Vegas but alas she's headed to the Dream.

Milks26

PostPosted: 01/19/23 2:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Stormeo wrote:

Yep.

I will take Henderson off their hands....who do you want?

Henderson, Egbo or the rook that came out of Louisville (can't remember her name)

PostPosted: 01/21/23 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heard a rumor saying Tina Charles to Dallas Wings my heart dropped in failure …it’s since been deleted but now us fellow #WFFL’s must get on our contacts and research. I pray it’s not true !!

PostPosted: 01/21/23 11:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Heard a rumor saying Tina Charles to Dallas Wings my heart dropped in failure …it’s since been deleted but now us fellow #WFFL’s must get on our contacts and research. I pray it’s not true !!

Not sure how true it is BUT she was at SMU hanging out with the women's basketball team on Thursday and then she went to the Mavs game last night😒

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/21/23 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Not sure how true it is BUT she was at SMU hanging out with the women's basketball team on Thursday and then she went to the Mavs game last night😒

If she becomes a wing throw all hope for contending out the window. She will be the cancer who does not take coach T serious. She will be productive but no way I see her taking a back seat to Arike . She fits because she won’t ever use her best talents down low so clogging the paint won’t be an issue clearly . She’s just an enigma that I feared we would go after. I’m praying she ends up in Atlanta. I’ve never once heard of Tina being in Dallas during the off-season so this is becoming scary if true.

PostPosted: 01/21/23 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

If she becomes a wing throw all hope for contending out the window. She will be the cancer who does not take coach T serious. She will be productive but no way I see her taking a back seat to Arike . She fits because she won’t ever use her best talents down low so clogging the paint won’t be an issue clearly . She’s just an enigma that I feared we would go after. I’m praying she ends up in Atlanta. I’ve never once heard of Tina being in Dallas during the off-season so this is becoming scary if true.

I'm thinking she's here prepping for the AU season coming up next month because it's here this year. If we go after anybody it had better be one of whoever fits best and or Brittany Sykes 😔 but damn, she's been so many places she's running out of new options 😥

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/21/23 5:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

I'm thinking she's here prepping for the AU season coming up next month because it's here this year. If we go after anybody it had better be one of whoever fits best and or Brittany Sykes 😔 but damn, she's been so many places she's running out of new options 😥

Charles fits but can she be a team player is the biggest question mark? Can she do what coach trammel requires out of a PF . Imo those are 2 big no’s she will take shots away from Arike and McCowan & Mabrey hopefully speaking and then when she leaves after one year All 3 of them will be demanding a trade. We are on a positive trek I say we keep it going and stick with what we have . If we’re so concerned about Sabally not being able to play the 4 why not draft for someone else like LA or Conn and attempt
A draft day trade for Nneka ? Just me thinking out loud of my wishes and dreams. Btw when does Nneka make her decision as well she has kind of slept under the radar with everyone assuming she’s going back to LA with sissy. I’ll take them both for #3 and Collier along with a 24 first rounder Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/21/23 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Charles fits but can she be a team player is the biggest question mark? Can she do what coach trammel requires out of a PF . Imo those are 2 big no’s she will take shots away from Arike and McCowan & Mabrey hopefully speaking and then when she leaves after one year All 3 of them will be demanding a trade. We are on a positive trek I say we keep it going and stick with what we have . If we’re so concerned about Sabally not being able to play the 4 why not draft for someone else like LA or Conn and attempt
A draft day trade for Nneka ? Just me thinking out loud of my wishes and dreams. Btw when does Nneka make her decision as well she has kind of slept under the radar with everyone assuming she’s going back to LA with sissy. I’ll take them both for #3 and Collier along with a 24 first rounder Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dallas fans are right to be worried about how TC would impact their team. I don't see anybody in Dallas who can make TC do what the team needs. I do see them sitting her a$$ down on the bench when she starts competing with Arike for most shots taken. Wings need a PF, not a "used to be a banger, now sits outside shooting three's" player.

Some GM's REALLY need to consider team chemistry when signing free agents. LA thankfully deep sixed their GM who signed every player no other team wanted.

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

Jump to: