RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maya Moore Officially announces her retirement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamj95

PostPosted: 01/16/23 8:44 am    ::: Maya Moore Officially announces her retirement Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She announced her decision to retire on “Good Morning America.” Before Monday, Moore had been non-committal about ever playing basketball again.
“Well, I think it’s time to put a close to the pro basketball life," Moore said. "I walked away four seasons ago, but wanted to officially retire. This is such a sweet time for us and our family. The work we’ve done. I want to continue that in our next chapter. Be home for my community and family. ... That’s what I’m moving into. Hanging it up.”

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2023/01/16/wnba-great-maya-moore-retires-from-basketball-officially/

What a legend. I will never forget what she contributed to the sport and to the Lynx. She accomplished everything she sought out to do in the basketball world. Good luck in the next chapter Maya!

PostPosted: 01/16/23 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This goodbye is official. Goodbye.

PostPosted: 01/16/23 10:28 am    ::: Re: Maya Moore Officially announces her retirement Reply Reply with quote

adamj95 wrote:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/2023/01/16/wnba-great-maya-moore-retires-from-basketball-officially/

What a legend. I will never forget what she contributed to the sport and to the Lynx. She accomplished everything she sought out to do in the basketball world. Good luck in the next chapter Maya!

Thanks for posting this and for your valuable comment. I completely agree. Good wishes to Maya Moore on all that is ahead.

PostPosted: 01/16/23 11:04 am    ::: Re: Maya Moore Officially announces her retirement Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
adamj95 wrote:

Thanks for posting this and for your valuable comment. I completely agree. Good wishes to Maya Moore on all that is ahead.

Ditto! The writing was on the wall that she wasn't returning but it is great that she finally made it official. Hopefully, the W properly honors her. Maya definitely was an amazing, amazing player!

Stormeo

PostPosted: 01/16/23 12:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

finally, good for her

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/16/23 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks Maya !!! You were a game changer for womens basketball I loved watching you play!!!

Btw where is shades?! Praying for good health it’s been a while ♥️

PostPosted: 01/16/23 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish her luck on the next chapter. I'll miss her!

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 01/16/23 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
I don't see why marrying him would prevent her from returning...

I feel like "Why would marrying him prevent her from returning?" is the wrong question to ask. The only times I've ever heard Maya Moore talking about anything not directly related either to the Xs and Os of basketball, or her now-husband's case, have been when she is talking about her faith. And, frankly (IMO), she talks about faith in a way that leads me to believe that her notion of faith would require her to be a stay-at-home wife and mother...

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=1629138#1629138

I believe I had that.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Hoops9092

PostPosted: 01/16/23 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I started following the women's game in the Spring of 2002 after hearing about this UConn team with Sue, Diana, etc.

I never had the chance to follow Chamique Holdsclaw's prep career nor did I see Tamika Catchings in college, but when I watched Maya Moore as a high school player on national television put up 48 points against a ranked opponent as a senior, I had this feeling that we were on the verge witnessing the next great thing in women's basketball. Maya was fantastic.

If you can build a basketball player, I think it would someone that was just like here. A true wing, versatile, with a big strong body, who could shoot the ball, attack the rim, defend, score at will and a steady leader. Maya was magnificent and I feel so grateful to have witnessed her career. Thinking back on her UConn days, I am almost surprised she didn't win all 4 titles. She was that good.

And as a pro, watching her get bigger and stronger and win the way she did, she was simply the best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: