RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

jeopardy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 02/04/22 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems like the announcer said that Ken Jennings a week ago was "hosting Jeopardy", but now he says Miyam Bialik is "the host of Jeopardy". They wanted her before they took Richards but she said she was too busy for permanent host. Then I read she changed her mind. Permanent host??

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/04/22 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Seems like the announcer said that Ken Jennings a week ago was "hosting Jeopardy", but now he says Miyam Bialik is "the host of Jeopardy". They wanted her before they took Richards but she said she was too busy for permanent host. Then I read she changed her mind. Permanent host??

The two of them alternate, which accommodates her acting schedule, and they have some other guest hosts lined up also.

tfan

PostPosted: 02/11/22 12:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amy Schneider quit her job. Plans to write a book. And the local paper had something about doing public speaking engagements. And she wants to be on other game shows but has some restriction via Jeopardy contract to wait a least six months. Wouldn't say no to a stint as trial Jeopardy host. Has thought about being a voice actor before.

https://people.com/tv/amy-schneider-quits-her-day-job-as-software-engineer-after-historic-jeopardy-run/

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 07/28/22 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings named permanent co-hosts of 'Jeopardy!

Quote:
"I write today with the exciting news that we have closed and signed deals with Mayim Bialik and Ken Jennings to be the hosts of Jeopardy! moving forward," executive producer Michael Davies announced in a statement Wednesday on the show's website. "In Mayim and Ken, we have two outstanding hosts at the beginning of their Jeopardy! hosting careers who connect with their own unique fanbases, new fans, and the traditional Jeopardy! viewer."

Jennings will host as the new season begins in September, as well as act as host for the Second Chance competition and Tournament of Champions, the announcement said.

Bialik, who also currently stars on FOX's "Call Me Kat," will host "Celebrity Jeopardy!" on ABC in primetime and will host the main show for a period of time beginning in January.

"The current plan is to have her host a couple of new tournaments as well as the Jeopardy! National College Championship and as many weeks as she can manage with her other primetime commitment to 'Call Me Kat,'" the announcement said. "We know you value consistency, so we will not flip flop the hosts constantly and will keep you informed about the hosting schedule."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/27/entertainment/mayim-bialik-ken-jennings-jeopardy/index.html

tfan

PostPosted: 08/01/22 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The alleged host trials that took place in 2021 had different ratings for the hosts, but I would guess that Jeopardy ratings get worse as the summer approaches.

https://www.thewrap.com/jeopardy-ratings-mike-richards-levar-burton-guest-hosts-ranked-joe-buck/

So they must feel that Jennings and Bialik bring in similar ratings given a similar time period. Or maybe they feel there are two different fan groups that have formed that they have to try and both please by splitting duties.

pilight

PostPosted: 09/09/22 7:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New season starts next week

PostPosted: 09/09/22 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
New season starts next week

I am amazed they have all these reruns. Two hosts and they film five shows a day and they not only show reruns but pick famous champs that you know are going to win.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 09/12/22 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw a promo with Mayim about Celebrity Jeopardy! returning on Sept. 25. Candace Parker was mentioned.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/8/26/23323701/celebrity-jeopardy-tournament-of-champions-2022-air-dates

PostPosted: 11/09/22 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haley Jones was on tonight, reading clues about the history of Stanford athletics

PostPosted: 01/12/23 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Candace Parker's episode of celebrity Jeopardy is airing tonight on ABC

PostPosted: 01/12/23 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Turns out Candace is not very good at Jeopardy

PostPosted: 12/15/23 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mayim Bialik Won’t Return as ‘Jeopardy!’ Host

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/mayim-bialik-leaving-jeopardy-1235841706/

PostPosted: 12/16/23 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Turns out Candace is not very good at Jeopardy

Neither was Becky Lynch (WWE). She has the dubious distinction of not answering a single clue successfully. But she was funny.

PostPosted: 01/23/24 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The reason Jeopardy keeps having all these previous contestants has something to do with the writers strike. New contestants won't show up until April.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/jeopardy-won-t-return-to-normal-until-april-2024-and-fans-are-furious/ss-AA1hZAAg

The producer decided it wouldn't be fair to give new contestants old "answers" so he came up with the idea of the "second chance tournament" in addition to previous winner tournaments.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeopardy-season-40-no-contestants-180207682.html

Quote:
Jeopardy! producers announced season 40 will have no new contestants for now, instead bringing back season 37 and 38 contestants for Second Chance tournaments.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: