RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

No opinions....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howee

PostPosted: 11/15/22 6:49 pm    ::: No opinions.... Reply Reply with quote

....on the 2022 Midterm Outcomes?? Shocked

Being Pennsylvanian, I was UBER happy to know *we* still had the common sense and decency to put people like Oz outta business, at least, the business of determining our future. And Josh Shapiro's victory was just one more example of how the MAJORITY of Americans do NOT want this radical, right wing bullshit to continue on.

PostPosted: 11/15/22 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only outcome that was in doubt here is still in doubt

PostPosted: 11/15/22 7:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same old shit in Indiana. Like it's still 1849 or something.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/15/22 7:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Georgia is a conundrum, to the likes of me. How Walker is even IN the election, never mind in a run-off, is puzzle #1, with MTG's place a very close second.

Ex-Ref wrote:

My buddy in Ft. Wayne sez it's a Hot (Red) Mess there. Indianapolis and South Bend are probably the only 2 blue areas, no? The LCMS seminary there in Ft. Wayne is undoubtedly a *bad influence* in your neighborhood! Laughing

PostPosted: 11/15/22 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Georgia is a conundrum, to the likes of me. How Walker is even IN the election, never mind in a run-off, is puzzle #1, with MTG's place a very close second.

Like everywhere the overwhelming majority of people just vote red team or blue team with no thought involved

PostPosted: 11/16/22 9:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

My buddy in Ft. Wayne sez it's a Hot (Red) Mess there. Indianapolis and South Bend are probably the only 2 blue areas, no? The LCMS seminary there in Ft. Wayne is undoubtedly a *bad influence* in your neighborhood! Laughing

I'm not sure that FW is as red as you're thinking. They have a D mayor (in trouble for drunk driving 3-4 weeks ago) and the council is 5-4 in favor of R.

I had to look this up because I remembered that the R FW mayor took on Evan Bayh for the senate years ago and LOST Allen county (his own county) to Bayh.

One of the four counties that FW mayor carried was Kosciusko County which is home to Grace College and Seminary.

I found these maps of the 1998 and 2022 senate elections. Crazy to see the transition between the two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_United_States_Senate_election_in_Indiana

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_Senate_election_in_Indiana

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Howee

PostPosted: 11/16/22 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Like everywhere the overwhelming majority of people just vote red team or blue team with no thought involved

Mmmm....I dunno. Georgia might be an example of that, but it FELT like that was not the trend in PA. Despite Fetterman's stroke crash, I believe the independents and YOUNG (>30) voters put a lotta thought into why (smooth, slick TV persona) Oz was not the right choice. The same can be said for why Shapiro won by a significant margin: Pro-Choice mattered.

Ex-Ref wrote:

I found these maps of the 1998 and 2022 senate elections. Crazy to see the transition between the two.

That IS crazy....any idea on how/why that came to pass? Shocked

PostPosted: 11/16/22 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

That IS crazy....any idea on how/why that came to pass? Shocked

Something that I forgot about...the R got a super majority in the state house. Used it to redraw lines and now they are choosing their constituents instead of the other way around. Dems can't make any in-roads to break it up.

Senate is 40-10 and house is 71-29. So 80 and 70% republican.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 11/17/22 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
toad455

PostPosted: 11/17/22 7:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm just ready to sit back and watch the Trump vs. DeSantis fight for the GOP ticket. Maybe both will end up in jail before the primaries happen? Maybe Pence sneaks in, throws both under the bus hard and gets the nomination? Grab some popcorn!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/17/22 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I'm just ready to sit back and watch the Trump vs. DeSantis fight for the GOP ticket. Maybe both will end up in jail before the primaries happen? Maybe Pence sneaks in, throws both under the bus hard and gets the nomination? Grab some popcorn!!

Trump has been back for one day and I'm bored of him already. The popcorn is stale. But yeah, maybe his obvious insecurities about DeSantis will spark some life back into him.
Is anyone inspired by any potential candidate on either side?
It seems like it's the WNBA draft class of 2021 out there.

PostPosted: 11/17/22 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Trump has been back for one day and I'm bored of him already. The popcorn is stale. But yeah, maybe his obvious insecurities about DeSantis will spark some life back into him.
Is anyone inspired by any potential candidate on either side?
It seems like it's the WNBA draft class of 2021 out there.

I would like to see the impossible and Michelle Obama throw her hat in. And if I'm really dreaming, Liz Cheney. (Maybe they could team up on a ticket and get this country where it needs to be!) I want a viable female candidate. It's unbelievable to me all of the countries that have/had women leaders, then I stop and look at where the US is. Certainly not the world leader we like to think that we are.

Howee

PostPosted: 11/17/22 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Trump has been back for one day and I'm bored of him already.

"Back"?? When has he ever left the American consciousness? I must have blinked and missed something. Razz

I'm at least glad to see that the media has not been tripping over themselves to give The Turd the oxygen that fuels his latest resurgence. Murdoch himself has set the tone for how this should be covered.
Quote:
Rupert Murdoch’s New York Post didn’t waste a minute to tear Donald Trump down after he announced his 2024 presidential bid Tuesday night. Wednesday morning’s front page read in the lower bar, “FLORIDA MAN MAKES ANNOUNCEMENT,” and insultingly stuck the news on page 26 under the headline, “Been there, Don that.”

A couple days ago, I heard MTG making a fascinating statement on a Bannon podcast: she posited that, with such a narrow majority in The House, there might easily be enough *flippable* Republicans to create a majority by joining the Dems in selecting Liz Cheney as Speaker. Probably more of a "scare 'em shitless" fund-raising tactic than reality, but....how delicious could THAT be? Laughing
Ex-Ref wrote:
I would like to see the impossible and Michelle Obama throw her hat in. And if I'm really dreaming, Liz Cheney. (Maybe they could team up on a ticket and get this country where it needs to be!) I want a viable female candidate. It's unbelievable to me all of the countries that have/had women leaders, then I stop and look at where the US is. Certainly not the world leader we like to think that we are.

Now, I could really get behind THAT!! Cool

PostPosted: 11/17/22 11:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Michelle Obama would only run if Biden opts not to run for a second term AND Harris doesn't decide to run as well. This would require those three to have a joint meeting and push Michelle to the front of the Democratic ticket. Michelle would easily beat anyone the GOP put up.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
scullyfu

PostPosted: 11/17/22 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle has seen up close & personal what politics at that level can be. I doubt she’d want anywhere near that mess again.

PostPosted: 01/08/23 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

The parties are very similar on a lot of issues these days, particularly as regards workers, after the Democrats began abandoning unions in favor of the rich ($50,000 a plate DNC meet and greets and PACs and SuperPACs). And now the Democrats are becoming bigger hawks than the Republicans. Both parties will also up the bloated USA defense budget over and above what the president requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: