RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Anbody Watching Monday Night Football?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 01/02/23 9:12 pm    ::: Anbody Watching Monday Night Football? Reply Reply with quote

Mods - I'm sorry, I meant to put this in Area51. Please feel free to move it.

Bills player (Demar Hamlin) made a tackle, got up, then fell backward. The ref that was nearest him started pushing players away. Trainers came out. ESPN went to a couple of breaks, players were looking pretty serious and worried. Especially for the type of hit it was. I had already looked away and then they said that there was a Bills player down. It wasn't a "violent" hit by football standards to me.

Then they brought an ambulance onto the field. All of the fans were standing.

Then they reported that they had been doing CPR on him. All of the players from both teams are surrounding what is going on the field.

I don't know if they will be able to finish this game. Can you imagine being a Bills player? Any player? Hank Gathers is the last one I can think of something like this happening.

ESPN went to the studio and they are really shook up.

The ambulance has left and the players are going to try to play.

They just announced that the game has been temporarily suspended. Teams are headed to the locker room. It's 5:58 to go in the first Q.

I keep going back to that ref pushing the other players back. He KNEW something was terribly wrong. I've never seen a ref react like that.

Looks like the game is over for tonight. Equipment is being removed from the field and some of the players were seen in towels as if they had showered.

I just watched a video by a sports medicine doctor about what MIGHT have occurred. He said that it could be a condition called commotio cordis. It happens when there is a direct, forceful hit to the chest at just the right moment during the heart beat. Really good explanation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-G9mziXL9w

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: