RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Hope Everyone Stays Warm and Safe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/22/22 8:11 pm    ::: Hope Everyone Stays Warm and Safe Reply Reply with quote

These are some stunning weather changes sweeping across the nation. Dangerously cold temperatures, wind, and wind chills. Wind chills in the minus thirties expected in Chicago tomorrow. All time record low temperature (temperature, not wind chill) of minus 42 in Casper WY today. Single digit temperatures and negative windchills expected in DC Saturday.

Stay home and warm and off the roads. And have a Happy Holiday with your family.

Take care everyone.

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/22/22 8:16 pm    ::: Re: Hope Everyone Stays Warm and Safe Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
These are some stunning weather changes sweeping across the nation. Dangerously cold temperatures, wind, and wind chills. Wind chills in the minus thirties expected in Chicago tomorrow. All time record low temperature (temperature, not wind chill) of minus 42 in Casper WY today. Single digit temperatures and negative windchills expected in DC Saturday.

Stay home and warm and off the roads. And have a Happy Holiday with your family.

Take care everyone.

I live in Syracuse, NY, but I'm from 60 miles north in Watertown. The forecast is from 60mph winds and 2-4 feet of lake Effect snow between tomorrow and Christmas Day. I'm headed home early in the AM with copious amount of sweatpants and snacks and letting my mom and dad treat me like I'm a kid again. LOLOL

Stay sage indeed, everyone, and to all of those who celebrate, have a Merry Christmas!

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/22/22 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously, folks, stay the hell inside unless you absolutely need to be out. New York City and its environs are expecting an abrupt 30-degree drop in the afternoon tomorrow. This is how you get pneumonia and all kinds of other fun respiratory nonsense. Stay inside and defend the honor of your favorite team on the internet. The flames will keep us all warm. Razz

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 12/22/22 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be cold enough for me to wear long pants. Laughing

PostPosted: 12/23/22 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colder'n dammit here, as my late son used to say. The wind is the worst part of it. I have two outdoor cats, one still crated to get used to the place and in a feral house which has a window and door. I re-oriented the house so the wind wouldn't be blowing in the door and put a blanket over it. She was in the house and was Not Amused. I looked for the other one to let her in the studio but she was nowhere to be found. She will probably hide out in the woodpile, although we have a box fixed for her by the workshop. We're just hoping the power doesn't go out.

Merry Christmas from the Shenandoah Valley!

PostPosted: 12/23/22 1:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I mean, here in Seattle, we’re in the middle of an ice storm which is absolutely unheard of over here. Never experienced this in my life. So many unprecedentedly dangerous conditions going on across the whole country these next couple days.

Don’t go to the store for those one or two last-minute things – it’s not worth it. Stay safe by staying inside!

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays. ❄️

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/23/22 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had to go to work this morning. It was cold, but it wasn't too bad. I didn't have to be out long. Time spent out of my car was under 1 minute I'd guess. I did take a quick walk, no more than 15-20 minutes, when I got off of work.

I just want the cold to be gone!!!!! And if possible, the wind. We don't have much snow. I think it all blew into Ohio.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 12/23/22 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My word, I did not realize the flooding that was going to take place along the East Coast. Long Island up to Maine is just getting flooded like crazy. This is an absolutely crazy storm. I hope each and every one of you is safe and sound.

Happy Holidays all!

Coyotes

PostPosted: 12/23/22 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happy Holidays to you all from the Tetons! I'll be bundling up to go outside and ski now that it's closer to 0 instead of -20. Definitely looking forward to getting out and doing some nordic skiing. In any case - hope you all stay safe, toasty, and as Queenie said, flaming.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/23/22 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BONE-chillingly cold here.....feels like -180 here. Celsius. Shocked
I've only been out to take care of my very unhappy chickens, and it was brutal.

Anyhow, hope ALL of you have a safe and terrific holiday weekend. >:<

PostPosted: 12/25/22 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's been brutally cold here after 2 days of ice storms, preceded by rain, floods, and high winds, and 2 ft of snow last weekend, just because. I hate this damn thing called winter.

Everyone stay safe and warm, and wear warm socks.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 12/25/22 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
It's been brutally cold here after 2 days of ice storms, preceded by rain, floods, and high winds, and 2 ft of snow last weekend, just because. I hate this damn thing called winter.

Well, I thought my heat went out completely on Christmas Eve eve and watched the thermostat begin to plummet. I acquired radiating heaters from neighbors and hunkered down, determined to not call on Christmas Eve, despite the frigid temps. Lo and behold, the thermostat began registering slight INCREASES, even as night brought single digits outside. And now, it's heated almost all the way back to the set temp of 67F!

As hundreds of thousands in NC had power outages, my neighborhood remained connected. Last night, there was a series of loud BOOMS - loud enough to startle my sleeping dog and start him jumping all over - that sounded like transformers blowing. Through neighborhood listserve, one neighbor reported seeing a group setting off these fireworks, late into the night. There are idiots everywhere! Mimicking transformers blowing during frigid nights is NOT funny!

~rAf
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 12/25/22 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Well, I thought my heat went out completely on Christmas Eve eve and watched the thermostat begin to plummet. I acquired radiating heaters from neighbors and hunkered down, determined to not call on Christmas Eve, despite the frigid temps. Lo and behold, the thermostat began registering slight INCREASES, even as night brought single digits outside. And now, it's heated almost all the way back to the set temp of 67F!

As hundreds of thousands in NC had power outages, my neighborhood remained connected. Last night, there was a series of loud BOOMS - loud enough to startle my sleeping dog and start him jumping all over - that sounded like transformers blowing. Through neighborhood listserve, one neighbor reported seeing a group setting off these fireworks, late into the night. There are idiots everywhere! Mimicking transformers blowing during frigid nights is NOT funny!

We've had 4 days without power in the past week. Fortunately, I and most others have generators here, so we have heat, hot water, refrigeration, and enough kitchen appliances and electronic devices to get by even after a week.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 12/26/22 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Considering what's been going on down there, it most certainly is NOT. My sympathies.

PostPosted: 12/26/22 2:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:

Considering what's been going on down there, it most certainly is NOT. My sympathies.

PostPosted: 12/28/22 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anybody heard from Bart? Doesn't he live in/near Syracuse

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
ucbart

PostPosted: 12/28/22 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

I'm here!

I live in Syracuse, yes, and we have very little snow here. The blizzard didn't impact us much, other than Friday, and the subsequent Lake Effect snow that blitzed Buffalo and my hometown of Watertown(60 miles north of Syracuse) missed us. I was in Watertown for four days for Christmas and we got about 5' of snow up there. It was true insanity. It snowed for four straight days and the first two had 40-50mph winds. My parents have about a 20 foot snowbank in their driveway from getting it plowed.

I promise-I will never bitch about hot, humid, and 90 again. LOL

Howee

PostPosted: 12/28/22 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:

The one board member that lives in the mess is Scullyfu....she's in my old hometown of Niagara. Hope she's all good!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: