RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

#20 Maryland @ #7 Notre Dame - 12/01/22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 12/01/22 6:20 pm    ::: #20 Maryland @ #7 Notre Dame - 12/01/22 Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame, IN - 6:30 PM ET
TV: ESPN2 (Beth Mowins, Debbie Antonelli)

Video stream:
https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/2a0e7b69-11b5-4ef2-bd87-39d130bd950c#bucketId=1 (tvpli)

Audio:
https://und.com/radio

Live stats:
https://statb.us/b/432186

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 12/01/22 10:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/01/22 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oh goodie more Antonelli

Ivey looking beautiful today.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/01/22 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sort of an interesting game. Miller and Citron look good. Monica McNutt in the studio makes me turn that off.
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/01/22 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess Ebo takes up space for awhile to give the better posts a break, but she really is not very good.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/01/22 8:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hate games that turn into endless drives, endless fouls and endless fts.

Flops and fts. That's a big reason people find wcbb boring.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/01/22 8:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Debbie and Beth are pretty good when they actually talk about the game. When they go off and talk about Boston or Fudd or who knows what, then I want to hit the mute.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 12/01/22 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was definitely a game! Diamond Miller....Gracious!

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/01/22 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A satisfying game. Multi-clutch.
LibFan25

PostPosted: 12/01/22 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My goodness. Diamond Miller.

Man...I'm sad she won't even make it to the liberty at 6th🥺

CBiebel

PostPosted: 12/01/22 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh! So close. ND was actually playing pretty well while Miles was on the bench, which is encouraging for future games.

Ebo seemed to have problems handling the ball. Maryland was having a field day with her underneath.

ND at least didn't falter down the stretch like they would often do last year. It was just a case of not quite enough at the end.

Miller was on fire today, and Maryland's defense was very tenacious.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 12/01/22 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ivey needs to work Marshall into the lineup and Ebo onto the bench. She does great at getting wonderful position at the rim, and has great guards to get the ball to her in prime position, but if you're then going to go 0-5 on 2 ft layups then you're just a turnover waiting to happen. And she's too slow to defend anyone except another big slow opponent.

Watson is not as strong but moves better and can make the basket, as can Marshall when she gets a chance to play.

If Ebo had made a couple of her easy layups, the outcome would have been different.

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/01/22 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Uhhhh, is nobody going to mention Miller's performance after she hit that shot? That was completely unnecessary.

Howee

PostPosted: 12/02/22 1:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:

Dang, she made ME wish I was colorblind Shocked She lets an assistant wear some neon school-bus yellow top, while Ivey's wearing an olive green blazer....all amongst a sea of Irish Green. Razz When the cameras stayed on that too long, my eyes wanted to puke.

Now, THE GAME was a feast for the eyes. Some brilliant plays, by far enough to overshadow the clunky parts. Maryland looked eons better than when I last saw them. Diamond Miller and Shyanne Sellers can play on my team any day.

ND was simply not their best. If Citron AND Miles AND Mabrey all get hot at the same game, they couldn't lose too many. Glad to see Watson (my former duckling) do so well - and she's gonna be better yet!

PostPosted: 12/02/22 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Dang, she made ME wish I was colorblind Shocked She lets an assistant wear some neon school-bus yellow top, while Ivey's wearing an olive green blazer....all amongst a sea of Irish Green. Razz When the cameras stayed on that too long, my eyes wanted to puke.

I thought you would be right at home with that bright yellow and all the green - just like Duck colors

Howee

PostPosted: 12/02/22 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Howee wrote:

I thought you would be right at home with that bright yellow and all the green - just like Duck colors

Nahhh.....Ducks wear a soothing green, with just a hint of yellow accent. Cool

PostPosted: 12/02/22 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Uhhhh, is nobody going to mention Miller's performance after she hit that shot? That was completely unnecessary.

I thought about it but figured that it would look like sour grapes.

Now I'll say that I hope that every coach that plays MD takes that footage and sends it to their players every day, inserts it into the MD film several times, has a poster sized pic in their locker room and makes sure that poster is on the trip with them and taped to the wall of locker room if they are playing on the road.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 12/02/22 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
oh goodie more Antonelli

Oh yes, she seldom fails to deliver on the looking beautiful.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
Rock Hard

PostPosted: 12/02/22 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
ucbart wrote:

I thought about it but figured that it would look like sour grapes.

Now I'll say that I hope that every coach that plays MD takes that footage and sends it to their players every day, inserts it into the MD film several times, has a poster sized pic in their locker room and makes sure that poster is on the trip with them and taped to the wall of locker room if they are playing on the road.

Athletes should just shut up and dribble.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: