RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UGA vs VCU - 11/25/2022

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SPD

PostPosted: 11/25/22 1:14 pm    ::: UGA vs VCU - 11/25/2022 Reply Reply with quote

UGA takes on the Virginia Commonwealth Rams in the Paradise Jam on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands!

Watch (ESPN 3 or ESPN+) - https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=00b7ffc6-75ae-469d-9d8d-7a7c4ebebd0a

Listen - https://georgiadogs.com/watch/?Live=4306

Live Stats - https://georgiadogs.com/sidearmstats/wbball/summary

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 4:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I tuned in right after the fight or whatever it was in the first quarter, but four UGA players got ejected from the game. VCU got to shoot eight straight technical foul shots, making seven, for a nine point play after they made a basket after being awarded the ball after the technicals.
Queenie

PostPosted: 11/25/22 4:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I tuned in right after the fight or whatever it was in the first quarter, but four UGA players got ejected from the game. VCU got to shoot eight straight technical foul shots, making seven, for a nine point play after they made a basket after being awarded the ball after the technicals.

I’m not seeing anything like this on the play-by-play? The official stats show Georgia with 3-6 free throws and VCU with none attempted.

(edit: nvm, had to whack the stat monitor a few times for it to actually DO WHAT I TOLD IT TO DO, ah, technology)

(now with spelling variations)
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 4:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Smith, Smith, Isaacs and Evans were ejected from the arena, and UGA has been playing with six players since, pulling ahead 39-33 early in the 3Q.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Announcer recap says one UGA player was ejected for shoving a VCU player, another ejected for going onto the court from the check-in area, and two ejected for going onto the court from bench.

Never in my life have I seen eight consecutive free throws. One VCU player shot six of them, and could have shot the remaining two according to the announcers, but a different VCU player came in to make the 7th and 8th technical foul shots.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A 5th UGA player, Chloe Chapman, gets ejected with 1+ minute left in the 3Q for kicking a VCU player. Five players left for UGA, with an injured player now putting on game shoes.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nevertheless, UGA up 50-43 at end of 3Q, their defense saving them.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UGA player fouls out with 2+ minutes left. 5 players left. Injured players in civvies go back to locker to put on unis.
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UGA wins 68-54.

If a coach could teach defense like Coach Abe, offense like Jim Flanery and recruit like Dawn Staley, that would be a really good team.
SPD

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was one messed up game. Zoesha Smith was checking in - I don't think she should of been ejected.

That said - Malury Bates and Alisha Lewis did great this game - Javyn got 13 boards before fouling out.

As for Chloe Chapman - the VCU player was laying on her legs - I might of wanted them off of me too <grin>

As mentioned above - good on Georgia's defense - lots of VCU turnovers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - Game Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: