RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2022 WNBA Prizm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard 77

PostPosted: 10/15/22 3:33 pm    ::: 2022 WNBA Prizm Reply Reply with quote

Just got home from my local card shop and brought home 3 boxes of the 2022 set. Ripped one for now. Pretty good set, with lots of current and retired players. Will have to sort and see if three boxes were enough to build a set, but liked what I found in the first box. Pulled 2 common parallel cards. Parallel common Katie Smith #174 Prizm Autograph, and a common parallel Katie Smith #28 Prizm #1 of 3. Not bad for the first box.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Richard 77

PostPosted: 10/15/22 9:46 pm    ::: Re: 2022 WNBA Prizm Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Just got home from my local card shop and brought home 3 boxes of the 2022 set. Ripped one for now. Pretty good set, with lots of current and retired players. Will have to sort and see if three boxes were enough to build a set, but liked what I found in the first box. Pulled 2 common parallel cards. Parallel common Katie Smith #174 Prizm Autograph, and a common parallel Katie Smith #28 Prizm #1 of 3. Not bad for the first box.

Nope. 3 boxes, no set. Really poor collation on Panini’s end. They did print two Hammon cards. She has one player card. She is also the only coach to have a card in this set. Missing 11 cards to complete one set.

Y. C. - I have one more box coming in the mail later this week. I have one extra Katie card and hoping to get a double of her other one. Would like to get them to you later.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
GEF34

PostPosted: 10/15/22 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Random question, is there a way to find out online stores that sell WNBA cards locally?

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/16/22 11:33 am    ::: Re: 2022 WNBA Prizm Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:

Nope. 3 boxes, no set. Really poor collation on Panini’s end. They did print two Hammon cards. She has one player card. She is also the only coach to have a card in this set. Missing 11 cards to complete one set.

Y. C. - I have one more box coming in the mail later this week. I have one extra Katie card and hoping to get a double of her other one. Would like to get them to you later.

I do love my Katie Smith cards. Honestly though, I'd completely forgotten about a new set or new cards for her until they started popping up in my eBay mail notices. Let me know how it goes.
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/16/22 11:33 am    ::: Re: 2022 WNBA Prizm Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:

I do love my Katie Smith cards. Honestly though, I'd completely forgotten about a new set or new cards for her until they started popping up in my eBay mail notices. Let me know how it goes.
Richard 77

PostPosted: 11/25/22 5:49 am    ::: Re: 2022 WNBA Prizm Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:

Sent you the Kate Smith cards over a week ago. Wondering if they arrived safe.

Overall, I bought 5 hobby boxes of product. Still had to buy single cards from eBay to complete two base sets. Really bad collation for a 200-card set.

Did get a few nice insert cards though. Swoopes Gold 5/10 and a Kate Smith 1/3. Some autos include Bird, Kate Smith, Skylar, and two L. Jacksons of her base cards. The insert collections are not that impressive. Was hoping for Sabrina's auto...

Queenie

PostPosted: 11/25/22 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Panini’s obsession with parallels, inserts, and parallels of inserts is ridiculous. I just want a nicely designed, deep base set that I can afford enough of to get a full base set and duplicates to get signed, trade, or gift to unsuspecting passers-by as appropriate.

(now with spelling variations)
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 11/27/22 1:20 pm    ::: Re: 2022 WNBA Prizm Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:

Sent you the Kate Smith cards over a week ago. Wondering if they arrived safe.

Overall, I bought 5 hobby boxes of product. Still had to buy single cards from eBay to complete two base sets. Really bad collation for a 200-card set.

Did get a few nice insert cards though. Swoopes Gold 5/10 and a Kate Smith 1/3. Some autos include Bird, Kate Smith, Skylar, and two L. Jacksons of her base cards. The insert collections are not that impressive. Was hoping for Sabrina's auto...

Ummm...I haven't received anything in the mail from you. Do you have the right address because nothing has arrived. Send me a PM to check on address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA Collectibles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: