RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

When Is The Draft Lottery? ...it is on Nov 11th

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greg5222

PostPosted: 09/20/22 8:50 am    ::: When Is The Draft Lottery? ...it is on Nov 11th Reply Reply with quote

Did I miss it?

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 09/20/22 10:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soon

PostPosted: 09/20/22 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Soon

Probably.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/22/22 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will say look for the WNBA Lottery drawing for the 2023 Draft to be held on December 4th or December 11th. ESPN usually defers to the UConn WBB Schedule. UConn plays Notre Dame and Stanford plays Gonzaga on the 4th of December a doubleheader ESPN can combine with the WNBA Draft Lottery or ESPN can do a Marylan/UConn and Louisville/Kentucky doubleheader with the WNBA Draft Lottery on the 11th of December.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 09/22/22 9:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
I will say look for the WNBA Lottery drawing for the 2023 Draft to be held on December 4th or December 11th. ESPN usually defers to the UConn WBB Schedule. UConn plays Notre Dame and Stanford plays Gonzaga on the 4th of December a doubleheader ESPN can combine with the WNBA Draft Lottery or ESPN can do a Marylan/UConn and Louisville/Kentucky doubleheader with the WNBA Draft Lottery on the 11th of December.

That's a good idea. I might also look at Nov 11. That is South Carolina's only game currently scheduled for ESPN. Pairing the draft lottery with a Boston showcase could be hard to pass up.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/22/22 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there any possibility they are waiting to see if there will be an expansion team in 23?

GEF34

PostPosted: 09/22/22 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
Is there any possibility they are waiting to see if there will be an expansion team in 23?

Unless the new team will be in the lottery, which I don't think they would be I don't see a reason to wait for that to be announced, unless they announce it together, but the league probably wouldn't want one over shadowing the other.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 09/22/22 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
SportsGuru wrote:

That's a good idea. I might also look at Nov 11. That is South Carolina's only game currently scheduled for ESPN. Pairing the draft lottery with a Boston showcase could be hard to pass up.

If I'm not mistaken the WNBA in recent years has held the Draft Lottery Drawing on Dec. 19th, Sept. 19th and Dec. 4th

pilight

PostPosted: 10/17/22 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The WNBA 2023 draft lottery will take place Nov. 11

PostPosted: 10/17/22 3:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I guess that was a good idea someone had.

undersized_post

PostPosted: 10/17/22 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

PUmatty wrote:
pilight wrote:

I guess that was a good idea someone had.

Laughing Kudos for your accurate speculation. Cool

Besides Aliyah Boston, another storyline for the Nov. 11 game is that South Carolina's opponent Maryland features a likely lottery pick in Diamond Miller.

PostPosted: 11/08/22 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who will be representing each team (Fever, Dream Mystics and Lynx) on the 2023 WNBA Lottery Selection Show? I'm guessing the Mystics will bring back Tasha Cloud for an encore.

justintyme

PostPosted: 11/11/22 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:
Who will be representing each team (Fever, Dream Mystics and Lynx) on the 2023 WNBA Lottery Selection Show? I'm guessing the Mystics will bring back Tasha Cloud for an encore.

Collier will be representing the Lynx

PostPosted: 11/11/22 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SportsGuru wrote:

For the Fever, it is Kelsey Mitchell.

BamaEd

PostPosted: 11/11/22 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and to complete the set, Tanisha Wright will be representing Atlanta.

ster II

PostPosted: 11/11/22 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WTF! i lost picture & sound there for a few starting with Coach Wright through the rest of the team representatives. wtf espn2 !!! #yousuck

greg5222

PostPosted: 11/11/22 5:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Fever

PEACE & LOVE GO MYSTICS!!!!!

PostPosted: 11/11/22 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bout damn time!!! Congrats to the Fever!!!!

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/11/22 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ster II wrote:
bout damn time!!! Congrats to the Fever!!!!

This and this

PostPosted: 11/11/22 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever deserve the #1 after all this time

PostPosted: 11/11/22 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever are lucky the number one pick is so dang obvious otherwise they would probably blow it.

ucbart

PostPosted: 11/20/22 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

blaase22 wrote:
The Fever are lucky the number one pick is so dang obvious otherwise they would probably blow it.

My hot take:

If Brink leaves early(which she can) I'd pick her over Boston.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/21/22 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

My hot take:

She's not leaving early , and i dont think anyone would take her over boston if she did . I love Brink and if she did declare early she would be #2 pick hands down. Fortunately she's staying to get her degree . Next year someone will get a gem brink is badass !!

Speaking of Next year would you take Brink over Clark or Paige ?

PostPosted: 11/21/22 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

My hot take:

She's not leaving early , and i dont think anyone would take her over boston if she did . I love Brink and if she did declare early she would be #2 pick hands down. Fortunately she's staying to get her degree . Next year someone will get a gem brink is badass !!

Need to see how Bueckers comes back. Some players aren't the same after an injury like hers.

PostPosted: 11/21/22 4:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
ucbart wrote:
blaase22 wrote:

My hot take:

Need to see how Bueckers comes back. Some players aren't the same after an injury like hers.

I figured her injury risk would hurt her stock . If she's even favoring her injury upon return next season it could knock her from #1. Overall i do believe she's good enough to recover and still end up the best player in the draft 5 years down the road injury free. Brink , Clark , Beuckers and Miles all could be future all stars during that draft. Not to mention Angel Reese.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: