Total Votes : 19

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
2004: Seattle Storm
2005: Sacramento Monarchs! #MFFL
2019: Washington Mystics
2022: Las Vegas Aces

The Sun need to form some kind of partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, or something.

#Hatehard in full effect Laughing Laughing Laughing

05 Monarchs Crying or Very sad Sad one of my favorite title teams. Yo, Ticha, DeMya ("don't they know I'm from Jersey ") Laughing, Nicole Powell Shocked and young Becky Brunson.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great Finals! Congrats to the Aces, the new Champions, and ChelseaGray, a most-deserving FMVP!

The Sun was close - again - but no cigar.

I'm sure Bri Jones will be elsewhere next year.

Funny how in the post-game, when Lobo and Ruocco were talking about how all of the Aces are already signed for next year, there seemed to be a reluctance to mention the word "dynasty",

Also glad Trader Bill got his props.

Looks like the Raiders could also win today - up 23-15 with 3 minutes left. But they haven't scored in Q4...

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
05 Monarchs :cry: :( one of my favorite title teams. Yo, Ticha, DeMya ("don't they know I'm from Jersey ") :lol:, Nicole Powell :shock: and young Becky Brunson.

aka Rebekkah "More Rings Than Your Favorite Player" Brunson. #MFFL

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the Aces and CT for a well-played series. This could have easily gone to 5 - an excellent display of the the game we love. Glad also to see Ms. Gray get the recognition she richly deserved - could not have happened without her.

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we get to point and laugh at the Blazers now?

Congrats to the Aces. It was clearly their year. Pretty apparent during the Seattle series Vegas was likely the champs this year, but CT didn’t go down without a fight. That poor team needs some healthy guards..

Last edited by mercfan3 on 09/18/22 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Do we get to point and laugh at the Blazers now?

There's never a bad time to point and laugh at the Portland Trail Blazers.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
I'm exhausted!

And I'm going to get one of those $15 domestic beers... Razz

$15?

Shocked

I hope that it tastes great!!!

It was Less Filling Razz Arrow

<iframe width="350" height="196" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hkM9VdOcjGA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>Laughing

Shrinkflation.

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.

Last edited by Ex-Ref on 09/18/22 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/18/22 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
2004: Seattle Storm
2005: Sacramento Monarchs! #MFFL
2019: Washington Mystics
2022: Las Vegas Aces

The Sun need to form some kind of partnership with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, or something.

Smile

“Thank you for showing the fellas that you've got more balls than them,” Haley said, to cheers from the crowd.
craigmont

PostPosted: 09/18/22 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chelsea Gray was the killer and a huge difference maker all through the playoffs. A well-deserved Finals MVP.

PicknLOL

PostPosted: 09/19/22 3:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What an exciting moment, I cried, I cheered, I flipped the table over, I've never been so happy in my life. Connecticut Sun is a great team, but I will not count a blessing quote so high as not having to watch one more second of basketball in which they are playing this year. #Disrespect

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/19/22 4:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that happened.

Sorry I’m late to the thread, but I got home late last night and then, y’know, real life is a thing.

How did we manage to find two different refs in two different games who can’t count to three? This is the level of officiating we have in the WNBA? In the WNBA Finals?

Connecticut needs one more top-level guard. Hiedeman and Williams are both fun, but neither is consistent enough and their decision-making often sucked shit through a straw. Also, neither of them should be allowed to imitate Alyssa Thomas’s stupid push shot. They both have labrums. They have no excuse.

That final minute for the Sun was a dumpster fire on a derailed freight train that crashed into a car.

Chelsea Gray is ridiculous and anyone who tries to claim she is not the best point guard in the WNBA can catch me outside. I saw her throw two behind the back passes as part of routine plays, just because it was the best angle and she was there.

Good crowd noise. A lot of Aces fans. Not sure how many came from Vegas and how many are just single-player fans. I’m not entirely certain what the three different people in Seattle Storm gear were doing there, though. Or the one dude in a Sparks Weatherspoon jersey, because I thought we all agreed that Teresa Weatherspoon signing with the Sparks never happened and any images to the contrary are collective hallucinations.

There were a few people on the bus from New York who were going to the game, including Dearica Hamby’s dad. (Who apparently missed the stop on the way out. Which wouldn’t be so bad if he hadn’t gone all the way to Boston. I don’t know if he picked up the bus on the return trip or someone picked him up, but he said he made it to the game.) Nice guy. He showed off a set of custom sneakers that Hamby got for him and discussed how weird it is that so many people talk to his granddaughter like they know her. The half a dozen or so of us who were headed back to New York had time to chat and reminisce and watch the Aces’ locker room celebration on Instagram because the bus was late to Mohegan.

Tangent: the bus is only practical for start times between 2 and 4, is approximately $50 round trip, and is not non-stop (it makes stops in Bridgeport and New Haven). It’s good to know but I don’t see it as viable for regular trips.

The game was competitive. I can’t be disappointed with that. I would have much rather the Sun forced game 5, but can I truly be upset about an original franchise earning their first title and their city’s first title? I shouldn’t be. (But the petty side of me, which is most sides of me, still thinks y’all are tripping if you think Hammon’s actually Becky with the good hair, and her eyeshadow is still a terrible style choice that makes her look like she’s been punched in the face a lot.)

(now with spelling variations)
Barrister15

PostPosted: 09/19/22 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

The game was competitive. I can’t be disappointed with that. I would have much rather the Sun forced game 5, but can I truly be upset about an original franchise earning their first title and their city’s first title? I shouldn’t be. (But the petty side of me, which is most sides of me, still thinks y’all are tripping if you think Hammon’s actually Becky with the good hair, and her eyeshadow is still a terrible style choice that makes her look like she’s been punched in the face a lot.)

We went too, and try as I might to get my very tall 9 year old daughter into basketball, alas, she was more into the post-game Ben & Jerry’s than the amazing game we just witnessed. Reminisced about how we’d see a young, closeted Becky Hammon hanging at Mustang Harry’s after Liberty games waiting for her “friend” all those years ago, and now here she is, winning a championship as coach with her wife and kids on the floor to celebrate with her - it was a great thing to see, even if her eye makeup made her look like a hungover raccoon after a rough night.

It was really nice to watch a game and not stress over my team winning or losing, and to just be able to enjoy some great basketball. Plus I won $82 on penny slots, so yay!

(Also, what’s up with Mohegan Sun’s crazy bag rules? MSG and Barclays aren’t that strict!)

Barrister15

PostPosted: 09/19/22 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

We went too, and try as I might to get my very tall 9 year old daughter into basketball, alas, she was more into the post-game Ben & Jerry’s than the amazing game we just witnessed. Reminisced about how we’d see a young, closeted Becky Hammon hanging at Mustang Harry’s after Liberty games waiting for her “friend” all those years ago, and now here she is, winning a championship as coach with her wife and kids on the floor to celebrate with her - it was a great thing to see, even if her eye makeup made her look like a hungover raccoon after a rough night.

It was really nice to watch a game and not stress over my team winning or losing, and to just be able to enjoy some great basketball. Plus I won $82 on penny slots, so yay!

(Also, what’s up with Mohegan Sun’s crazy bag rules? MSG and Barclays aren’t that strict!)

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/19/22 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barrister15 wrote:
Queenie wrote:

Oh, man, I’m sorry I missed you!

Connecticut’s bag rules aren’t nearly as bad as Washington’s. Washington, you can basically only carry a clutch. At least Connecticut understands the concept of purses, even if they aren’t very large ones. These days, New York’s rules- not just Barclays and MSG’s, but my experience with college venues in and out of NYC- are the more relaxed outlier. Most places it’s clear bags only, if they even allow bags. That is a rant for another place and time, though.

The league’s come a long way since the early days of enthusiastically denying/ignoring the existence of lesbians. You love to see it.

(now with spelling variations)
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 09/20/22 9:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
I hope the league reviews the officiating in this whole series.
I’m still wondering how Bonner was able to throw the ball out of bound after inbounding it & the Suns got the ball back.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 09/20/22 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
I hope the league reviews the officiating in this whole series.
I’m still wondering how Bonner was able to throw the ball out of bound after inbounding it & the Suns got the ball back.

I think it was because of the inadvertent whistle by these crack officials when the ball went into the back court.

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 09/21/22 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackie Young is getting a parade in her hometown.

https://www.wishtv.com/sports/indiana-city-to-honor-hometown-player-on-wnba-champion-team/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: