RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dallas Wings 2023
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ster II

PostPosted: 09/20/22 3:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

wtf Dallas?!!!! so they thought, VJ played with Becky... and wait, how's this upstart first-year Coach getting a Championship!! What about us!?!!!

I think VJ and the team were on a definite upward trajectory. Takes time and games to learn how to win, trust and play together, close out a game, all that stuff. The timing of the firing is a real bullsh*t move!! Like what? did you just now have your exit interviews and the whole team hated her?!!? Do you have a great Coach in mind?? I doubt it. Really, wtf!!

The Wings are an immature, young team -- they're still learning how to be pros! Building doesn't happen overnight!! I believe a young-ish former-player Coach is probably ideal for young teams! Have some bloody patience!! smh

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/20/22 4:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ster II wrote:
wtf Dallas?!!!! so they thought, VJ played with Becky... and wait, how's this upstart first-year Coach getting a Championship!! What about us!?!!!

I think VJ and the team were on a definite upward trajectory. Takes time and games to learn how to win, trust and play together, close out a game, all that stuff. The timing of the firing is a real bullsh*t move!! Like what? did you just now have your exit interviews and the whole team hated her?!!? Do you have a great Coach in mind?? I doubt it. Really, wtf!!

The Wings are an immature, young team -- they're still learning how to be pros! Building doesn't happen overnight!! I believe a young-ish former-player Coach is probably ideal for young teams! Have some bloody patience!! smh

Was she fired or contract not renewed ? Overall i get the point of what your saying about patience , but this move is not surprising. Most Dallas fans including the ones on this board wanted VJ gone last season . I asked for 1 more year and she improved marginally , but will we be a championship team with VJ as the coach is something a lot of people should ask themselves. This team has a nice core and hopefully this move keeps Allisha Gray in the fold .

Gray
Arike
Satou
McCowan

Play through McCowan and work on her getting the ball down low and passing it back out to repost. That's something she was not effective doing this season . Bring an experienced coach in to lead the group which is easier said that done as this is something we have been trying to do for all of 6 years now. Replacing the coach would most likely be the easiest move versus replacing one of our core 4 players possibly 5 if you would like to include Mabrey who i want to keep but as a 6th man. She's not a PG and cannot defend PG's in this league.

PostPosted: 09/20/22 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You simply aren't going to come close to winning anything as long as Arike is the focal point. VJ's lineups were not the best, but you cannot field a winning team with Arike playing the style she does. They also do not have a legitimate point guard yet. No matter who the coach was, this team would have likely finished where it did.

It will be interesting to see the direction Bibb goes in.

Rock Hard

PostPosted: 09/20/22 4:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe Dallas management believes that Curt Miller is waiting in the wings to be the next Head Coach.

PostPosted: 09/20/22 5:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I advise anyone who is seeking any employment with the Dallas Wings don't do it unless they offer you a boatload of money. I had some contact with Greg Bibb when he was with the Mystics, he's a joke, perfect example if a person kiss enough backside they can go far in this world.

shontay33

PostPosted: 09/20/22 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Dallas Wings Announce Coaching Change

https://wings.wnba.com/news/dallas-wings-news-sept-19/

Quote:
A search for the organization’s new head coach will begin immediately

WHAT!! Why? They need to move on from Biibb. He is the problem. Changing coaches every year. Dallas has a nice young team that went to the playoffs and battled with one of the top teams in the league but once again, he changes coaches. As long as he is there, Dallas will never get to where they project to be because he changes coaches every year.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 09/21/22 11:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
You simply aren't going to come close to winning anything as long as Arike is the focal point. VJ's lineups were not the best, but you cannot field a winning team with Arike playing the style she does. They also do not have a legitimate point guard yet. No matter who the coach was, this team would have likely finished where it did.

It will be interesting to see the direction Bibb goes in.

This ________X which is why the offense needs to run through McCowan. Arike can be a great complimenting piece but she does not need to be the main focus on offense.

PostPosted: 10/01/22 4:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
You simply aren't going to come close to winning anything as long as Arike is the focal point

Nope!!! And that's been their downfall every time she touches the ball. Maybe the new coach will grasp this.

Bibb needs to step down. Or at least give the GM position to the new head coach. Players won't come to this franchise if his day to day.

Get Nancy Lierbman. She already lives in Dallas as is a proven coach who put up with Greg's bs.

PostPosted: 10/01/22 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Quote:
You simply aren't going to come close to winning anything as long as Arike is the focal point

Nope!!! And that's been their downfall every time she touches the ball. Maybe the new coach will grasp this.

Bibb needs to step down. Or at least give the GM position to the new head coach. Players won't come to this franchise if his day to day.

Get Nancy Lierbman. She already lives in Dallas as is a proven coach who put up with Greg's bs.

I realize that we’re collectively a bit more flexible about relationships in the workplace these days, but friendly reminder that Nancy Lieberman had an extended relationship with one of her players in Detroit (and from what I’ve heard propositioned basically any brunette guard she laid eyes on), let those interactions influence her decisions regarding playing time as a coach, and used her role at ESPN to shill for her girlfriend when she was no longer coaching.

It would be hilarious to see Ogunbowale run headlong into an ego magnitudes larger than hers, though.

PostPosted: 10/01/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Quote:

I realize that we’re collectively a bit more flexible about relationships in the workplace these days, but friendly reminder that Nancy Lieberman had an extended relationship with one of her players in Detroit (and from what I’ve heard propositioned basically any brunette guard she laid eyes on), let those interactions influence her decisions regarding playing time as a coach, and used her role at ESPN to shill for her girlfriend when she was no longer coaching.

It would be hilarious to see Ogunbowale run headlong into an ego magnitudes larger than hers, though.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Geez, talk about a blast from the past. I wonder what ol Anna D is up to these days?

pilight

PostPosted: 10/01/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:

Lisa Leslie has been very successful coaching BIG3 basketball

PostPosted: 10/01/22 10:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I know you’re just trolling, yet there’s a part of me that’s like, “well, at least she’d probably have a vague sense that Dallas should be doing more with Sabally” and now I’m having positive thoughts about Leslie. Thanks, I hate it.

PostPosted: 10/01/22 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

I know you’re just trolling, yet there’s a part of me that’s like, “well, at least she’d probably have a vague sense that Dallas should be doing more with Sabally” and now I’m having positive thoughts about Leslie. Thanks, I hate it.
😂🤣😭

PostPosted: 10/01/22 11:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rock Hard wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

😂🤣😭

I always thought Leslie should go into coaching. She has the basketball IQ, a good motivator and would command respect by the players, which is something I think former players turned coaches like VJ and Nygaard have lacked. Despite not having any coaching experience, if you don't count last year's "All star" game vs team USA, I think she would be successful. Former players like Hammon, and Staley have a certain aura about them that has served them well in coaching. I think Leslie fits more of that mold as opposed to VJ and Vanessa.

SportsGuru

PostPosted: 10/02/22 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Rock Hard wrote:
Queenie wrote:
pilight wrote:
Queenie wrote:

😂🤣😭

I always thought Leslie should go into coaching. She has the basketball IQ, a good motivator and would command respect by the players, which is something I think former players turned coaches like VJ and Nygaard have lacked. Despite not having any coaching experience, if you don't count last year's "All star" game vs team USA, I think she would be successful. Former players like Hammon, and Staley have a certain aura about them that has served them well in coaching. I think Leslie fits more of that mold as opposed to VJ and Vanessa.

I hope Lisa Leslie doesn't sully her name and reputation with Greg Bibb.

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 10/03/22 7:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't you think that if Leslie had any WNBA coaching ambitions, we would have seen her in a role by now?

PostPosted: 10/08/22 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Like we've been say for a long time, there's something very wrong in Dallas. Successful players who got out of there were and are today extremely happy about it, thanked God for their departure and most of them voiced their disgust of the organization.

Personally, I don't think VJ could have brought about this simultaneous degree of disgust and joy. We all know where the problem lies, it's Bibb. Any of you who have been in middle management know, you are at the mercy of your Boss. No matter how good you are, how intelligent or how experienced, it's all about the Boss. When he's an asshole and cannot give up control and freedom to you to manage, you're stuck.

Come on Bill fire the SOB now and start over!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 10/08/22 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
Like we've been say for a long time, there's something very wrong in Dallas. Successful players who got out of there were and are today extremely happy about it, thanked God for their departure and most of them voiced their disgust of the organization.

Personally, I don't think VJ could have brought about this simultaneous degree of disgust and joy. We all know where the problem lies, it's Bibb. Any of you who have been in middle management know, you are at the mercy of your Boss. No matter how good you are, how intelligent or how experienced, it's all about the Boss. When he's an asshole and cannot give up control and freedom to you to manage, you're stuck.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yikes Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 10/10/22 7:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:

Unfortunately, he can't just "fire" him...he would have to buy him out first! Remember, before Bibb became President of the organization, he purchased a percentage of ownership...why they allowed him to do this, I have no idea but you make your bed, you lie in it👀

RavenDog

PostPosted: 10/10/22 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DFWub2018 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Unfortunately, he can't just "fire" him...he would have to buy him out first! Remember, before Bibb became President of the organization, he purchased a percentage of ownership...why they allowed him to do this, I have no idea but you make your bed, you lie in it👀

Well, unfortunately, it looks like we are stuck with him, unless the franchise gets sold.

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 10/10/22 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RavenDog wrote:
DFWub2018 wrote:
RavenDog wrote:

Well, unfortunately, it looks like we are stuck with him, unless the franchise gets sold.

Bill can afford to buy him out, the million dollar question is....will he actually do it😔

Milks26

PostPosted: 10/15/22 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Quote:

LOL!!! Embarassed

ChiSky54 wrote:
Wouldn't you think that if Leslie had any WNBA coaching ambitions, we would have seen her in a role by now?

Would love Leslie as well. But I agree if she wanted to coach in the W there have been countless of prior opportunities for her to do so.

Anyhoo - whoever gets the job needs to be smart enough and demand to be the GM just to have some level of power over that ahole. You can't allow Bibb to pick your team

PostPosted: 10/15/22 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Quote:

Geez, talk about a blast from the past. I wonder what ol Anna D is up to these days?

Anna DeForge was named as an assistant coach at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee a few months ago…

https://mkepanthers.com/staff-directory/anna-deforge/4243

PostPosted: 10/16/22 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Milks26 wrote:
Queenie wrote:
Milks26 wrote:
Quote:

LOL!!! Embarassed

ChiSky54 wrote:

Would love Leslie as well. But I agree if she wanted to coach in the W there have been countless of prior opportunities for her to do so.

Anyhoo - whoever gets the job needs to be smart enough and demand to be the GM just to have some level of power over that ahole. You can't allow Bibb to pick your team

I was just wondering the other day why it's taking so long to hear anything from the organization, especially considering how much time the new HC will need for scouting, learning the organization, the community, getting connected with the business community, time to build their own coaching staff, etc....I'm starting to think Bibb might be having a difficult time getting the person that he wants because of his reputation 👀👀👀

Shades

PostPosted: 10/17/22 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Coaching hires last year:
Tanisha Wright mid-October
Sandy Brondello early-January
Vanessa Nygaard late-January

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: