Aces
91%
 91%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 23

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/13/22 10:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:
so is 'playing physical' just a code word for playing dirty?

Rebuttal question, since when has it not?

I think there's a border between the two, but tonight it was just a bit over that border. IMO it's possible to play physical without it being dirty, and it should be the job of the refs to keep it there.

PRballer

PostPosted: 09/13/22 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bonner looking like she is about done with her bball career. I don't remember seeing her just totally passing up open shots like this, some of them in the key with a smaller defender on her.

My thinking is she gave her all to get Connecticut to this point but is running out of gas especially with the short turnaround after the semifinals. Her primary matchup was Copper and now she gets Jackie Young - two incredible athletes. This is why having guards spell her and impact the game is so important. Kaila Charles didn’t develop enough for Curt and staff last year to give her a look on this team but she ideally would have been her back up perhaps if she developed a shot? I digress but Carrington is supposed to be that player?

Bonner could bounce back in Game 3. She’s a pro and will leave it out there.

Still impressive that CT got this far esp without Jasmine Thomas and without Alyssa Thomas’ shoulders.

PRballer

PostPosted: 09/13/22 11:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Bonner looking like she is about done with her bball career. I don't remember seeing her just totally passing up open shots like this, some of them in the key with a smaller defender on her.

My thinking is she gave her all to get Connecticut to this point but is running out of gas especially with the short turnaround after the semifinals. Her primary matchup was Copper and now she gets Jackie Young - two incredible athletes. This is why having guards spell her and impact the game is so important. Kaila Charles didn’t develop enough for Curt and staff last year to give her a look on this team but she ideally would have been her back up perhaps if she developed a shot? I digress but Carrington is supposed to be that player?

Bonner could bounce back in Game 3. She’s a pro and will leave it out there.

Still impressive that CT got this far esp without Jasmine Thomas and without Alyssa Thomas’ shoulders.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 09/13/22 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

I think there's a border between the two, but tonight it was just a bit over that border. IMO it's possible to play physical without it being dirty, and it should be the job of the refs to keep it there.

You just have to LOVE Chelsea snatching that ball out of Jonquel's hands after she got slapped in the face and called for the foul earlier. Not gonna scowl, throw a tantrum or get T'd up. Just gonna throw the dagger down. Fight the dirty play with a sword.

~rAf
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/14/22 4:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sun can’t get a championship even if it was handed to them. They are a great team during regular season and flop during the finals. They have the players wtf more do they need?”

PostPosted: 09/14/22 6:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Sadly, it wasn't just tonight (see last series which was far more egregious for certain plays in particular).. and you are absolutely right, it is the job of the refs to say this is a line that you CAN NOT cross. Either the refs have not established that line or keep missing it (and I know the job is hard), so they are communicating that their level of physicality is allowed and it should not be because it is dangerous.

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
You just have to LOVE Chelsea snatching that ball out of Jonquel's hands after she got slapped in the face and called for the foul earlier. Not gonna scowl, throw a tantrum or get T'd up. Just gonna throw the dagger down. Fight the dirty play with a sword.

I loved Chelsea snatching the ball away (not because I don't like the players on Conn but) because they definitely over power and bully and not all teams/players can handle it but Vegas is willing and able.

Gray said she became leaner and meaner and I love this for her, particularly given her history with the playoff physicality of Connecticut when she was in LA (under Fisher Confused *sigh*)

ChiSky54

PostPosted: 09/14/22 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Sun can’t get a championship even if it was handed to them. They are a great team during regular season and flop during the finals. They have the players wtf more do they need?”

Karma is working against them. Some of their folks play dirty. Even though they seem to occasionally have the refs in their pockets, they don't have enough oomph to take it all the way. I watched them disintegrate against the Sky last year in the semifinals (but I also think adding AT to the mix after a long injury absence was a bad decision). They just seem to fall apart when it counts.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: