RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Favorite W Media Personalities

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/08/22 8:21 am    ::: Favorite W Media Personalities Reply Reply with quote

We often see a lot of criticism of bad color commentators, anatomists and media personalities covering the W, but who do we LIKE?

tfan

PostPosted: 08/09/22 2:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For national I like Carolyn Peck and LaChina Robinson. The Sky are my favorite team right now and maybe not coincidentally I like their local broadcasters more than any duo at the moment: Lisa Byington and Stephen Bardo. I like Christy Winters-Scott in DC. I don't know that she still does Liberty games but liked Julianne "Jules" Viani-Braen. I like Raegan Pebley from the start but didn't care for the play-by-play guy but he grew on me and that is probably my second favorite pair, although that must have something to do with the Wings being my second favorite team. I suspect we tend to like the announcers that working for and are praising the team we root for.

I would say there is more but I can't picture them all right now.

johnjohnW

PostPosted: 08/09/22 6:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like Lachina Robinson as well. Her passion for the league shines through in everything she does and she doesn't go overboard with the "excitement" voice that some other commentators do.

I have a soft spot for Ryan Ruocco. He treats the league with a lot of respect and seems to genuinely enjoy broadcasting the games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: