RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Mercury @ Sky - 7/02/22
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 07/02/22 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Kinda hard to see why Diamond is not starting.

Not good enough at post defense to play the 4, and they’d rather have Diggins playing off the ball so they have Peddy playing PG. If DeShields is successful off the bench, I guess that’s not such a bad place for her.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/02/22 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chippy game.

Bad/non-calls, way too many turnovers (bad passes and butterfingers). We still Iost ground but didn't give it all up. I didn't think we could keep up that pace. I am surprised by the box score; it didn't look like we did as well as the numbers show.

SDS played like a woman possessed. We kept blowing reads on Turner. Taurasi had a bad day. I felt bad for Diamond early on since nothing was working for her, but she pulled it together. I want her to do well. Cool Cunningham was being...I'll leave it at that.

It's a good thing other folks are getting assists since Sloot has dropped off. We're so used to her being at the top!

There was a marriage proposal during one of the games at a time out. She said yes! Very Happy

PostPosted: 07/02/22 3:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good effort by Skylar, Sophie, and Diamond. Turner had her moments, everyone else not so much.

I still think there are better pieces we can add to have off the bench. Is T'ea Cooper just not interested in playing anymore? Hard to imagine she would be much worse than Simms. I also don't understand cutting Anigwe but not Thomas as well? Even with a depleted roster she can't get minutes.

For NY fans, is Cubaj worth a look? I appreciated her defense in college but have not watched enough NYL to have seen her. We need size and rebounding, Cunningham shouldn't be in the post all game banging with considerably bigger bodies.

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/02/22 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I kinda like Cubaj, but she's definitely a project. I'd say one thing she needs to work on is simply aggressiveness. I have the feeling she's been a bit over-whelmed by the next level of physicality, but NY fans who've seen her in person may have a better opinion.

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/02/22 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
johnjohnW wrote:
Oof. Taurasi looks ... not pleased sitting on the bench.

If she were playing like the DT of years past, she wouldn't be sitting on the bench.

She "doesn't care" that she won't be playing in Chicago next weekend...

~rAf
GEF34

PostPosted: 07/02/22 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TotalCardinalMove wrote:
Good effort by Skylar, Sophie, and Diamond. Turner had her moments, everyone else not so much.

I still think there are better pieces we can add to have off the bench. Is T'ea Cooper just not interested in playing anymore? Hard to imagine she would be much worse than Simms. I also don't understand cutting Anigwe but not Thomas as well? Even with a depleted roster she can't get minutes.

For NY fans, is Cubaj worth a look? I appreciated her defense in college but have not watched enough NYL to have seen her. We need size and rebounding, Cunningham shouldn't be in the post all game banging with considerably bigger bodies.

Perhaps that are other things that are coming into play, Sam Thomas made the roster as an undrafted rookie which means she made an impact on the team/coaching staff/front office and I'd venture a guess a lot of that had to do with standing out off the court as much as on the court as they weren't picking a player they signed as an undrafted rookie to play significant minutes, so perhaps when weighing their options and looking at all the factors they decided Sam Thomas was the better option to keep. Maybe it's she a better locker room person, or she is better in the community or she is a better practice player (maybe she comes in everyday and locks down Skylar or Diana and helps prepare them for games). I'm not saying Kristine Anigwe is bad at any of these attributes, but if you have to pick between the 2 maybe there was one of these I listed or something else that just tipped the scale to Sam instead of Kristine.

TotalCardinalMove

PostPosted: 07/02/22 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GEF34 wrote:
TotalCardinalMove wrote:

Perhaps that are other things that are coming into play, Sam Thomas made the roster as an undrafted rookie which means she made an impact on the team/coaching staff/front office and I'd venture a guess a lot of that had to do with standing out off the court as much as on the court as they weren't picking a player they signed as an undrafted rookie to play significant minutes, so perhaps when weighing their options and looking at all the factors they decided Sam Thomas was the better option to keep. Maybe it's she a better locker room person, or she is better in the community or she is a better practice player (maybe she comes in everyday and locks down Skylar or Diana and helps prepare them for games). I'm not saying Kristine Anigwe is bad at any of these attributes, but if you have to pick between the 2 maybe there was one of these I listed or something else that just tipped the scale to Sam instead of Kristine.

All could be true. However, the few people we do have can’t continue playing 30+ minutes a game. You’re only asking for fatigue and injuries. At some point, something with the bench has to give. Can’t keep that many people around that can’t even give you 6-10 minutes a game regularly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: