RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Aces @ Storm - 6/29/22

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 06/29/22 8:50 am    ::: Aces @ Storm - 6/29/22 Reply Reply with quote

Cup Records: LVA 8-0 | SEA 4-4
Seattle, WA - 10:00 PM ET
TV: Fox 13+, MYLVTV

Video stream:
https://www.q13fox.com/live
https://mylvtv.com/live
https://www.amazon.com/Las-Vegas-Aces-Seattle-Storm/dp/B09RQNMQF8/

League Pass:
https://leaguepass.wnba.com/live/213676/las-vegas-aces--seattle-storm

Game page:
https://www.wnba.com/game/20220629/LVASEA/

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
taco-man

PostPosted: 06/29/22 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Chelsea Gray expected to play?

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/29/22 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Apparently not but no official statement by team.

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 06/29/22 2:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taco-man wrote:
Is Chelsea Gray expected to play?

Yes

craigmont

PostPosted: 06/29/22 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No changes to Seattle's starting lineup tonight.

Excited for this game!

pilight

PostPosted: 06/29/22 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tina Charles is the fourth #1 overall pick to play for five different franchises. She follows Ann Wauters, LaToya Thomas, and Lindsey Harding (who played for six).

Charles has played for Connecticut, New York, Washington, Phoenix, and now Seattle.

PostPosted: 06/29/22 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TC comes off the bench, replaces Ezi at center. Pretty much forcing Tina to play in the post, which is where Tina has no interest in playing. We'll see how it goes. Meanwhile rookie Rupert is 2-2 from three. LV up 27-23. Aja should be beasting.

~rAf
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 06/29/22 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sacré chat, Iliana Rupert looking good... CoolRazz

I drafted her in the 2021 Fantasy Draft for the Aces too IdeaMr. Green

myrtle

PostPosted: 06/29/22 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Birdy still doing the 'die bitches' routine.

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 06/29/22 10:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Committing a TO while trying to pass the ball to Stokes in a close game is wrong on so many levels.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 06/30/22 2:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
TC comes off the bench, replaces Ezi at center. Pretty much forcing Tina to play in the post, which is where Tina has no interest in playing. We'll see how it goes. Meanwhile rookie Rupert is 2-2 from three. LV up 27-23. Aja should be beasting.

Didnt she play in the post last year with the Mystics? I cant remember her only shooting jumpshots when she was putting up those big numbers

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/30/22 9:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Statlines for Storm posts off the bench:

TC: 4/5/1 3 turnovers, 2-8, 0-1 16 minutes

Jantel Lavender: 3/3/0 0 turnovers, 1 block, 1-2, 1-2 8 minutes

~rAf
readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 06/30/22 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Didnt she play in the post last year with the Mystics? I cant remember her only shooting jumpshots when she was putting up those big numbers

Tina theoretically played in the post for the Mystics. She provided close to zero post defense and a majority of her points were jumpshots. She was not efficient as a shooter. Think volume shooter. And her stated reason for leaving Phoenix was she wasn't getting enough shots, despite putting up the highest number on the team.

The Mystics are playing better as a team without Tina. Phoenix is playing better as a team since Tina left. We'll see how Seattle fares. If Birdy can force Tina to accept her role on the team, they might benefit. No other team has been successful in getting Tina to accept the role the team needed. For the Mystics, that meant actually exerting some effort on team defense. Mystics offense was a disaster with or without Tina due to being decimated by injuries but it was Tina's lack of effort on defense that doomed the team.

~rAf
so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 06/30/22 2:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The scorn for this woman astounds me.

craigmont

PostPosted: 06/30/22 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so-many-pickles wrote:

It's only one game and it's early yet, but there are lots of reasons to be encouraged by Charles' attitude joining the Storm. She's said all the right things, she knows what she's coming into. She's never been on a team like this where she's the icing on the cake rather than the whole damn cake.

She didn't have a huge effect on this game but her presence alone opens things up for everyone else on the floor.

And look at this great 3-point dance on the bench: https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=704619037507611

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 06/30/22 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:

It's only one game and it's early yet, but there are lots of reasons to be encouraged by Charles' attitude joining the Storm. She's said all the right things, she knows what she's coming into. She's never been on a team like this where she's the icing on the cake rather than the whole damn cake.

She didn't have a huge effect on this game but her presence alone opens things up for everyone else on the floor.

And look at this great 3-point dance on the bench: https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=704619037507611

I loved that dance! I'm no basketball expert, but I think I do understand the risk involved in making changes. Still, she is a great player and all of the criticism I've seen seems really over the top when most of it is based on a quote from an anonymous source with no real context for what she may have been promised when she signed with them. I also don't think there's anything wrong with a player of her skill and at this point in her career to be ring-shopping. It should be obvious to anyone that her seasons both in DC and Phoenix did not go as planned for reasons beyond her control. I love the possibility that she could be the missing piece to get Seattle another championship for Bird while Seattle becomes the place that gets Tina Charles the ring.

so-many-pickles

PostPosted: 06/30/22 11:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And I just saw that clip of Nygaard saying that "it will not be an All Star game because Diana Taurasi's not playing in it." She seems like a real peach. I'm sure Tina had no good reasons to want to leave that team. Lol.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/01/22 4:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

craigmont wrote:
so-many-pickles wrote:

I heard that she and Prince know each other since they were 10 years old. She went to the same high school as Sue and she has played with Sue , Stewie and Loyd in team USA were she wasnt the number 1 scoring option either. So hopefully that is enough familiarity to accept her role on this team.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
ChiSky54

PostPosted: 07/01/22 6:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We live in a microwave society where folks want instant results. Charles just got to the team. Some folks have been able to have a quick impact. Her prior relationships with all those Storm teammates will be helpful, but the chemistry is different and has to be modified. Look at other teams that took awhile to gel as players came back from overseas commitments and injury.

I understand where the salty comments are coming from, especially when it has impacted your favorite team. From the outside, these team changes don't look good and of course, I lived through EDD and her departure - still have a problem letting that one go! But I respect her talent, as I do Charles'. Just have to compartmentalize my feelings! Still, I have also noticed the issue of Charles' increasingly poor shot selection dating back to her last season in NY - it was looking a lot like hero ball.

Anyway, she has a right to ring shop since that is the only accolade she is missing. I like the Storm as a team and hope this works out for them once she's incorporated. But they BET not beat the Sky if we end up in the championship together! Exclamation

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: