Board Junkies Forums

Start of Free Agency for 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
justintyme

PostPosted: 02/22/20 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
justintyme wrote:
The Lynx are actually positioned well with the cap for 2021 with a tantalizing list of FAs coming available. Wouldn't want to jeopardize that. But there is a bit up upside here that is quite tantalizing.

The class of 2017 would be up for their first year of RFA in 2021. Not the most tantalizing class.
Class of 2017
#1 Kelsey Plum (likely to be dealt)
#4 Allisha Gray (no star players... keeper)
#5 Nia Coffey (so far a marginal player)
#6 Shatori Walker-Kimbrough (only a little relevant)
#7 Brittney Sykes (go ahead and steal her from the Sparks if they have too many guaranteed contracts)
#8 Brionna Jones (marginal, but Sun wouldn’t be in a position to protect her)
#10 Kaela Davis (should have unrealized potential but probably not worth the gamble)
#11 Sydney Wiese (intriguing if she could be gotten cheap)
#14 Lindsay Allen (already in reserves mode)
#17 Erica McCall (marginal, could be on waivers this seaon)
#29 Alexis Prince (waiver fodder)

Like I pointed out before, Plum would be an interesting target for the Lynx, especially since she doesn’t project to be one of Vegas’s high buck core players since they have Cambage, McCoughtry, and McBride to pay next year, and Wilson and Hamby to pay the following year.

Since Laimbeer has himself flooded with 6 guards this year, I’m really disappointed Reeve hasn’t seemed to have been working on getting one of them this season, preferably Plum, but at least Allen.

C’mon, Reeve! Let’s get it done! Earn that way oversized paycheck.

Some UFAs next year:

Jasmine Thomas
Alyssa Thomas
Bria Holmes
Natalie Achonwa
Candice Dupree
Erica Wheeler
Kayla McBride
Chiney Ogwumike
Nneka Ogwumike
Candace Parker
Damiris Dantas
Amanda Zahui B
Diana Taurasi
Natasha Howard
Natasha Cloud
Emma Meesseman

Mixed in with that list of RFA, next year seems to have more potential for roster shaping than even this year, and with far fewer players since so many teams went at it hard this year and are up against the cap or have maxed out their protected contracts. Being the HUGE fish in a small pond next year could work to the Lynx advantage if they play out the rest of the season smart.

But I do like the idea of making a move for Plum now if you can get her, as she would be someone I would target next year anyways.

PostPosted: 02/22/20 3:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Alexis Prince is listed on the WNBA.com's Sky roster page, along with Kayla Alexander and Linnae Harper on the Lynx roster page. So I'd assume that means either they got signed (unannounced as of yet?) or the intern messed up the web site again?

Yeah, I think that's training camp contracts getting added to rosters before/without the teams bothering to announce the signings. Of course, in an ideal world they'd consistently fully update a transactions page, which would list everything official whether the teams announced the moves or not. But that's far too much to ask for.

Try this one with lots of details :
https://www.spotrac.com/wnba/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/22/20 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
Alexis Prince is listed on the WNBA.com's Sky roster page, along with Kayla Alexander and Linnae Harper on the Lynx roster page. So I'd assume that means either they got signed (unannounced as of yet?) or the intern messed up the web site again?

Yeah, I think that's training camp contracts getting added to rosters before/without the teams bothering to announce the signings. Of course, in an ideal world they'd consistently fully update a transactions page, which would list everything official whether the teams announced the moves or not. But that's far too much to ask for.

Try this one with lots of details :
https://www.spotrac.com/wnba/

I actually favour this one: https://acrossthetimeline.com/wnba/transactions.html# But all either of those are doing is keeping track of announcements from the teams and collating them. The WNBA should be able to replicate their centralised list for public consumption (which would mean things like the above names showing up on team rosters 'before' they've been signed wouldn't happen).

PostPosted: 02/23/20 4:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the free agent list, it's pretty much been cleaned out - assuming the big names officially return to their 2019 teams as expected (Gray, Cambage, Bird, Vandersloot). Tina Charles' situation of course is up in the air, but even she could still re-sign.

It's odd to me how the Lynx haven't even signed any of their Reserved players. It just doesn't seem like this complete lack of activity is that intentional...

What will Rachel Banham do? She'll either attempt to return to her hometown team and hit the reset button on her career, or she'll return to her contender of a team, in hopes of not only winning a 'ship but getting a bigger role (which is possible given the new hole at SG).

The teams most likely to sign a veteran or two (for cheap, of course) are the Aces and the Sun, as both teams have very few picks and players after all of their blockbuster trades. Additionally, they both have the same holes - bench depth in the post and on the wing.

The Sun would be a good landing spot for Epiphanny Prince (at a bargain price, of course), if she's still looking to play in the league. Like Banham, she too could somehow find herself competing for a starting spot.

I know she's not a free agent, but I could also see Candice Dupree requesting (aka demanding?) a trade to join her family (DeWanna Bonner & their twins) in Connecticut. Her and Theresa Plaisance appear to make almost a similar amount (Dupree may make about $15k more, though), and both are in their last year of their respective contracts, so that could be a doable trade. The Fever won't be winning it all in 2020 anyway, and it's very hard to say if Dupree will consider re-signing with them after that.

Essence Carson might be done, now that Phoenix has gone through the changes it has, but again, Vegas and Connecticut could be options. Carolyn Swords should be done, but Vegas hasn't done a whole lot with its backup post situation, now has it. Shavonte Zellous better be done; Laimbeer is in no position to conduct a reunion with her for the sake of his team. And if the Storm even dare re-sign her to a camp deal, I'll (continue my) riot.

Tamera Young on the other hand could still help a contender out as a lengthy defender and difference maker in the mid-range (She showed last year in the playoffs that she's still got it). She's no longer needed in Vegas with the addition of one Angel McCoughtry. We've covered that the Sun could have a spot for her - too, though, the Dream or Sky give her another go, as she could be useful for either team.

I still don't get how Kayla Alexander faded so much since she was traded from Vegas (fresh off their move from San Antonio) to Indiana. I would've much preferred signing her for cheap rather than trading for Morgan Tuck for... not cheap. Evil or Very Mad Though it's not too late to send her a camp invite, Hughes!

Randy

PostPosted: 02/23/20 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry but it's not an exciting bunch that's left. IMO T. Young is the last useful player. Banham hasn't shown much in 4 years, though she is a three point threat so someone will pick her up. Odd it is taking this long.

pilight

PostPosted: 02/23/20 8:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Sorry but it's not an exciting bunch that's left. IMO T. Young is the last useful player. Banham hasn't shown much in 4 years, though she is a three point threat so someone will pick her up. Odd it is taking this long.

A 32% career 3P% doesn't make Banham that much of a threat

PostPosted: 02/23/20 8:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UPDATE

Remaining list.

CORE PLAYERS
Tina Charles (NYL)

RESERVED PLAYERS
Lindsay Allen (LVA)
Bridget Carleton (MIN)
Anna Cruz (MIN)
Temi Fagbenle (MIN)
Reshanda Gray (NYL)
Marine Johannes (NYL)
Sonja Petrovic (PHX)
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe (NYL)
Angel Robinson (PHX)
Marianna Tolo (LAS)
Marta Xargay (PHX)
Cecilia Zandalasini (MIN)

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Rachel Banham (CON)
Liz Cambage (LVA)
Jamierra Faulkner (CHI) - not playing in 2020
Chelsea Gray (LAS)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Alex Bentley
Sue Bird
Essence Carson
Ana Dabovic
Blake Dietrick
Brooke McCarty-Williams
Kim Mestdagh
Epiphanny Prince
Carolyn Swords
Tamera Young
Shavonte Zellous

Twitter: @TBRBWAY

Last edited by toad455 on 02/23/20 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Randy

PostPosted: 02/23/20 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

If someone points a gun at me, it's threat whether it has any bullets in it or not.....

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/23/20 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

If someone points a gun at me, it's threat whether it has any bullets in it or not.....

Except it's not ...

Randy

PostPosted: 02/23/20 1:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

Except it's not ...

How about if it has 2 bullets and six chambers?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 02/23/20 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
Randy wrote:
pilight wrote:
Randy wrote:

Except it's not ...

How about if it has 2 bullets and six chambers?

Laughing That works!

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/23/20 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looking at the list of unsigned, it's pretty clear that a trade is in the air:
Tina Charles to Seattle
Sue Bird to Los Angeles (plus some picks)
Chelsea Gray to NY

Wink

- Amanda Gorman
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 02/23/20 4:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Looking at the list of unsigned, it's pretty clear that a trade is in the air:
Tina Charles to Seattle
Sue Bird to Los Angeles (plus some picks)
Chelsea Gray to NY

Wink

We’ll take Tina, but no trading Sue.

PostPosted: 02/24/20 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Could there be another move announced soon out East?

PostPosted: 02/24/20 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some twitterbabble out there on 24/7 about a Tina trade. Seems more like a "what if" to me, but then I don't really speak twitter.

toad455

PostPosted: 02/24/20 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
Some twitterbabble out there on 24/7 about a Tina trade. Seems more like a "what if" to me, but then I don't really speak twitter.

yeah, Charles to DC. Doesn't fit for either team if it happens.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 02/24/20 11:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

?? You tell us!!! You're an insider at this point - would it possibly involve another team that may or may not rhyme with "Callous Kings"?? Razz

Shades

PostPosted: 02/25/20 3:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

If they couldn’t afford Toliver, they sure can’t afford her unless they trade something good. Thibault doesn’t want to mess with his successful formula by adding Charles. Terrible rumor.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 02/25/20 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FYI, Lindsay Allen is listed on the Aces' roster. Carleton is also listed on the Lynx's roster. Though no official mention of them getting signed.

UPDATE

Remaining list.

CORE PLAYERS
Tina Charles (NYL)

RESERVED PLAYERS
Anna Cruz (MIN)
Temi Fagbenle (MIN)
Reshanda Gray (NYL)
Sonja Petrovic (PHX)
Nayo Raincock-Ekunwe (NYL)
Angel Robinson (PHX)
Marianna Tolo (LAS)
Marta Xargay (PHX)
Cecilia Zandalasini (MIN)

RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Rachel Banham (CON)
Liz Cambage (LVA)
Jamierra Faulkner (CHI) - not playing in 2020
Chelsea Gray (LAS)

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENTS
Alex Bentley
Sue Bird
Essence Carson
Ana Dabovic
Brooke McCarty-Williams
Kim Mestdagh
Tamera Young
Shavonte Zellous

DFWub2018

PostPosted: 02/25/20 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stormeo wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

?? You tell us!!! You're an insider at this point - would it possibly involve another team that may or may not rhyme with "Callous Kings"?? Razz

LMAO, that's funny!!!

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/25/20 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
FYI, Lindsay Allen is listed on the Aces' roster. Carleton is also listed on the Lynx's roster. Though no official mention of them getting signed.

Lynx have all their reserved players listed.

Anna Cruz, for instance, who is confirmed by Reeve to not be playing this year with the Lynx having had surgery and then playing in the Olympics.

PostPosted: 02/25/20 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
toad455 wrote:
Randy wrote:

If they couldn’t afford Toliver, they sure can’t afford her unless they trade something good. Thibault doesn’t want to mess with his successful formula by adding Charles. Terrible rumor.

And DC already has their two best players as PFs? Why make it three?

justintyme

PostPosted: 02/25/20 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Reeve confirmed a full season of Zandalasini for the Lynx at the STH mixer.

PostPosted: 02/26/20 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How legit is Mo Currie's 24/7 Twitter feed? She keeps talking about Tina Charles to Phoenix, then to DC, then to LA, then to who knows where else. Is there any sign that Tina is actually trying to leave New York?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/26/20 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

miller40 wrote:
How legit is Mo Currie's 24/7 Twitter feed? She keeps talking about Tina Charles to Phoenix, then to DC, then to LA, then to who knows where else. Is there any sign that Tina is actually trying to leave New York?

Mo likes to throw stuff out there. She obviously sometimes has good info, because she's been around the league and its players/agents/personnel for so long, but she also likes to wildly speculate or repost other people's speculation. Also not always entirely aware of the rules. So, y'know, variable.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 22 of 25

Jump to: