Sparks
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Sun
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

htf does williams pass to AT there? jfc

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

grats to the Sun. They've finally won a playoff game.

- Amanda Gorman
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

two of my least favorite refs and they have not disappointed.

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A wasted effort by Parker. Thanks a lot, Gray and Fisher.

adamj95

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting....Lynx killer is not a Sun killer Laughing

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This series is going 5 games.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael Price got his tech in

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotta give Connecticut credit.

A.Thomas matched Parker's production.

Williams was clutch.

JT outplayed Gray.

Stricklen hit two big 3's at the start of the 3rd quater.

After the slow start, JJ stepped it up in the 2nd half.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 09/17/19 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was some game! I am happy that the Sun won. Parker make a few fouls that were not called and she dished out a few nasty hits.

A Thomas is from my home town in Pa and I am so proud of her. She had a great game!! Keep up the good work Alyssa. Their point guard was off the hook as well. I would love to see the Sun win this series. Fingers crossed!! Very Happy

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 09/17/19 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AT said Parker is a great player, so I guess we can cross her off the overrated voter list Shocked Laughing

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cross country travel.... =Sparks loss. Knew it on Sunday after their win in LA.
Lesson to all teams... kick ass in the regular season...don't drop stupid ass games you're supposed to win, so you can stay home as long a you can in the post season.

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There’s now an outside chance the Sparks get swept if the Sun win at home again, given Game 3 won’t be at Staples. It’d be real interesting if this series were the less competitive one between the two semifinal series.

Randy

PostPosted: 09/17/19 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The role players beat the superstars. Razz

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 09/17/19 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:

I really wish Katie wouldn't have said that, particularly while Thomas was sitting next to her Confused They definitely took that personally and play with a lot of pride.

LA's bigs played quite well but the guards were really out of sync...credit to Conn's defense on Chelsea. Bay seemed to be pressing too hard but they got some nice minutes from Beard and Syd.

The goal of the home squad is to try to hold court and the away team always tries to "steal" one on the road. Hopefully LA pulls it together and handles business Thursday!

sportsfan48

PostPosted: 09/17/19 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Michael Price got his tech in

Was Taurasi in the crowd?

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/18/19 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gray and Williams: 3-17, 0-2 FT, 7/7 A/TO (Sydney Wiese 8 points 0 TO)

Sometimes the obvious answer is the best answer ...

And playoff rotations on both sides. You know who the coaches trust, that's for sure (and for all the talk about Vadeeva, neither Agler nor Fisher seems to trust her that much).

PostPosted: 09/18/19 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Randy wrote:

I really wish Katie wouldn't have said that, particularly while Thomas was sitting next to her Confused They definitely took that personally and play with a lot of pride.

Yeah, I thought it was awkward (and kind of cold-hearted) when Katie she said that. JT probably wanted to address it but didn't want to start an argument on the show. Or maybe not, but in any case they're definitely playing with a chip on their shoulder now (as they should be, no one is respecting them as a #2 seed because of their past early playoff exits).

PostPosted: 09/18/19 11:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fisher should have pulled William for her decision making & shot selection. Gray was struggling on offense too but I still trusted her with the ball. Jones wouldn't have done any worst than William hell I wanted Weise to have her mins & AB definitely deserve it in this gm. As good as William is when she is feeling it I question her bball iq.

Good gm by CP & Nneka hate to see it in a lost.AB & Chiney were doing work.Weise had good mins

jap

PostPosted: 09/18/19 1:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our dynamic duo starting backcourt pair forgot to pack the dynamite for last night's game. If our resident mad bomber, Riquna, is struggling offensively going forward, Fish cannot be shy about inserting Syd the Kid. There are only a maximum of four games left in the series. Somebody has got to get the fire started offensively for the Sparks: someone has to be the spark for the Sparks. When your two former MVPs are balling out, the rest need to follow in their wake. Let's see if we can adjust the dynamics Thursday night.

PostPosted: 09/18/19 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bryan_february_ wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Randy wrote:

Yeah, I thought it was awkward (and kind of cold-hearted) when Katie she said that. JT probably wanted to address it but didn't want to start an argument on the show. Or maybe not, but in any case they're definitely playing with a chip on their shoulder now (as they should be, no one is respecting them as a #2 seed because of their past early playoff exits).

Then brick head said the same thing. The worst part is it is completely untrue - the Suns may not have superstars like Parker, but Willaims, A. Thomas and Jones are star quality players.

Thomas looked really unhappy about being there to me. I wonder if she got the short straw or something and had to do it.

willtalk

PostPosted: 09/18/19 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suspect that Fisher did not watch much WNBA before he became the Sparks post, otherwise he would have known that Williams is a notorious streak shooter. She can get hot but she also gets cold. Once she is cold she will not just suddenly start hitting shots again. The minute she was starting to brick every shot he should have never put her back in. I mean she even missed two free throws in a row. Pretty much everyone who watches the WNBA knows this, but he expected her to suddenly start hitting her 3's.

As has been stated Chelsea has a really bad game. She has one of those every year at least where she is totally out os sync. The problem is that they really do not have a competent back up at point. And it was not like any other guard was shooting lights out either. They will have to address that next season. They need to get a competent back up for instances like this. I mean she averaged a huge amount of minutes a game. They should have played Wiese more. She could play some point. When Chelsea is out make sure Parker is in to take up some of the playmaking slack. I can see why he doesn't trust Jones even when the other guard are stinking it up.

PostPosted: 09/18/19 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

willtalk wrote:
I suspect that Fisher did not watch much WNBA before he became the Sparks post, otherwise he would have known that Williams is a notorious streak shooter. She can get hot but she also gets cold. Once she is cold she will not just suddenly start hitting shots again. The minute she was starting to brick every shot he should have never put her back in. I mean she even missed two free throws in a row. Pretty much everyone who watches the WNBA knows this, but he expected her to suddenly start hitting her 3's.

As has been stated Chelsea has a really bad game. She has one of those every year at least where she is totally out os sync. The problem is that they really do not have a competent back up at point. And it was not like any other guard was shooting lights out either. They will have to address that next season. They need to get a competent back up for instances like this. I mean she averaged a huge amount of minutes a game. They should have played Wiese more. She could play some point. When Chelsea is out make sure Parker is in to take up some of the playmaking slack. I can see why he doesn't trust Jones even when the other guard are stinking it up.

What do you think the issue is with Jones? She had a really good game against Minny a bit ago but seems to have gotten buried on the bench again and sometimes gets put in with or after the rookies. I really would love to see her play in sync... in rhythm, etc. and would hate for her to completely lose confidence. Somehow I missed her in college and don't have a real sense of what she has. Is she struggling because she spent a chunk of time injured? Is she again needing to wait her turn? Does she have a good foundation and just need time to develop? What is it?

As far as Vadeeva, the last few games have been interesting but maybe he's been trying to shorten the rotation. In this game, the starting posts (and Chiney) were playing well and are the best option when they are playing against mobile posts. Mash and Kalani seem to be great foils when LA is playing against more traditional posts with size. It will be interesting to see what the rotations look like going forward.

Yes I don't know what was the deal with Bay and would love to see her be more consistent. She is so fast and athletic that I'm not sure why she doesn't just drive when her 3 isn't falling and a mid range game would be amazing on her. She should easily be able to average double figures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: