View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/19 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It should be too late to add her to the playoff roster.🤔

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/28/19 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Plum has improved a lot. Hope she goes somewhere she can be useful. maybe Toliver retires and she goes to Washington.

God, I hope not. I actually like Plum; I don't want her to play for a team that I actively root against.

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 08/28/19 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How effective can prince be? She has to learn the entire playbook and gel with the team within a month ... hmmm desperate move chasingrats?

PostPosted: 08/29/19 12:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Laimbeer's gonna commit to starting T. Young alongside J. Young and McBride on the perimeter, that leaves a gap at back-up SF, in which bringing back Nared would've made sense - cheaper and knows the playbook having just been with the team. But, her not getting signed through the rest of the season after being on a couple 7-day's was probably the end of that anyway. Still, a forward in general would've made more sense. Sugar Rodgers and Plum are now bench shooters that are similar defensively. So what would Epiphanny Prince provide that Plum or Rodgers don't?

The only other thing I can think of is, one of the guards is hurt (McBride only played 11 minutes in the last loss, Colson has been injury-prone this year) and Prince is a last-minute fill-in. And maybe Plum's benching will be short-term.

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/29/19 1:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Laimbeer is running similar plays and systems in Las Vegas as he did in New York, it may not be that hard for Prince to learn the playbook. She would have to get used to new players, but even there she has three former teammates that she played with for multiple years in Rodgers, Swords, and Tamera Young. Jackie Young is big enough so that you can use her at SF on defense while keeping her at PG on offense. That allows Laimbeer to put Jackie on the court with a pair of guards and not be too small.

And that's my positive spin on the signing. Hey, I think it's weird too. Smile

PostPosted: 08/29/19 3:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Silky Johnson wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Plum has improved a lot. Hope she goes somewhere she can be useful. maybe Toliver retires and she goes to Washington.

God, I hope not. I actually like Plum; I don't want her to play for a team that I actively root against.

If NY doesn't land the #1 pick I would be willing to trade for Plum in a heartbeat.

Laimbeer likes his NY re-treads so if we could get it done for

Stokes, Boyd or Hartley and our 2nd round pick (#13) I would do it.

Plum, Durr, Nurse, Charles and Someone, doesn't look as good as it does with Ionescu but then we can use our #2/3 pick on a post or trade it for some veteran help.

TBH if she is in good form starting Prince with McBride and J. Young doesn't seem out of the question. I realize it sounds crazy but Piph seems like a solid fit with those two with Young playing some PG on offense and SF on defense, Prince definitely has the best one on one breakdown the offense of all the guards and has enough 3 and D to be useful in the system. Basically Laimbeer only kind of likes Plum if her 3 is falling and she works her butt off on defense she works for him but with her percentages off and J. Young's ability to play the 1 and her improved but still mediocre D Plum loses what she brings to the team if she isn't hitting her 3 and scoring on drives.

Prince/Colson
McBride/Plum/Rodgers
J. Young/T. Young
Wilson/Hamby/Park
Cambage/Swords

As weird as the signing is whether she starts or not I think Vegas looks pretty strong and deep

pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/19 7:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laimbeer is going to ruin a promising Aces season because he's too arrogant to admit he blew the #1 pick.

He thinks Plum is the backcourt problem so first he limits her minutes. Result: Blowout loss to the Lynx. Next he removes her from the starting lineup. Result: Blowout loss to the lowly Fever. Note that the Aces were 4-0 against those teams prior to Plum's demotion.

Meanwhile the other guard has the only negative net +/- among the Aces starters and a FG% that makes you wish she was Betnijah Laney. Despite being the #1 pick and healthy, she's a non-factor in the ROY race and gets All Rookie team consideration only because Evil Bill insists on playing her a ton of minutes. Natisha Hiedemann has better per-40 numbers and she's already been cut once.

Maybe he'll realize Jackie Young is a project who's not ready to start at this level. Until then the Aces are going nowhere.

PostPosted: 08/29/19 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Laimbeer is going to ruin a promising Aces season because he's too arrogant to admit he blew the #1 pick.

He thinks Plum is the backcourt problem so first he limits her minutes. Result: Blowout loss to the Lynx. Next he removes her from the starting lineup. Result: Blowout loss to the lowly Fever. Note that the Aces were 4-0 against those teams prior to Plum's demotion.

Meanwhile the other guard has the only negative net +/- among the Aces starters and a FG% that makes you wish she was Betnijah Laney. Despite being the #1 pick and healthy, she's a non-factor in the ROY race and gets All Rookie team consideration only because Evil Bill insists on playing her a ton of minutes. Natisha Hiedemann has better per-40 numbers and she's already been cut once.

Maybe he'll realize Jackie Young is a project who's not ready to start at this level. Until then the Aces are going nowhere.

The sage of rebs is correct again...plum has been a pleasant surprise...j young is not a pg but bill likes banging square pegs in round holes

So now he goes back to piph with 4 games left barely post season eligible for what to further dig a hole that he dug

Bad pun alert...thats just Plum crazy! and he has a yes man as GM sorry never like Padover he is a caretaker at best a stooge at worst so nothing is stopping him...he got the best team hes had since Detroit and he's ripping it up in the end alarming thing is its without injury forcing his hand this time

So 3rd place and getting upset in round 2? Cuz bill fs it up in the end after a great season?

Sounds just bout right

Just don't sell the club over it Mandalay lol

Last edited by Happycappie25 on 08/29/19 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/29/19 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
pilight wrote:

The sage of rebs is correct again...plum has been a pleasant surprise...j young is not a pg but bill likes banging square pegs in round holes

So 3rd place and getting upset in round 2? Cuz bill fs it up in the end

Sounds just bout right

Just don't sell the club over it lol

Poetic justice would be LV losing to Phoenix as FLB carves up J Young

#NATC

PostPosted: 08/29/19 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

To be fair, Plum played 30 minutes in that Fever loss and the Aces still got beat.

I’m not a Jackie Young apologist, but looking at her advanced stats she’s rates as a pretty decent PG to me. 8th in AST%, 7th in AST/TO ratio, 12th in AST ratio, and she doesn’t turn the ball over. Obviously, the FG% is bad and you hope going forward that can be improved but for a rookie to have a double double in assists and rebounds is impressive.

PostPosted: 08/29/19 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
To be fair, Plum played 30 minutes in that Fever loss and the Aces still got beat.

I’m not a Jackie Young apologist, but looking at her advanced stats she’s rates as a pretty decent PG to me. 8th in AST%, 7th in AST/TO ratio, 12th in AST ratio, and she doesn’t turn the ball over. Obviously, the FG% is bad and you hope going forward that can be improved but for a rookie to have a double double in assists and rebounds is impressive.

Not only did Plum play 30 mins, she scored 17 pts on 46% shooting (highest on team), went 5-9 from behind the arc, with 1 RB, 6 assts and 0 TO's. McBride, Colson, and Rodgers contributed essentially nothing between them. I don't think any rational person can pin that loss on Plum, but we'll have to see if she's benched in favor of giving minutes to Prince.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 09/04/19 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA star Liz Cambage is finding her center
The WNBA standout and Aces center is a burgeoning star, on the court and off. But to shine brightest, she had to learn to put her happiness first.
Ramona Shelburne (ESPN Senior Writer)

https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/27498786/wnba-las-vegas-aces-star-liz-cambage-finding-center-body-issue-2019

Angus24

PostPosted: 09/05/19 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Long time fan of Becky Hammon in New York and then San Antonio.Hope she gets to coach the Spurs if Popovich ever retires.Out of action here last couple of years with some heart problems. Guess i will make the Aces my favorite team.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/09/19 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Aces' playoff game on Sunday, September 15 will be played at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/15/19 4:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/aces/aces-dearica-hamby-to-receive-wnbas-sixth-woman-of-the-year-award-1848806/

Quote:
The WNBA’s Sixth Woman of the Year.
Hamby, 25, will receive the award Sunday at the Thomas &Mack Center before the Aces’ second-round playoff game against the Chicago Sky, a person with knowledge of the voting confirmed to the Review-Journal. The league will announce her as the winner Sunday morning, but she was notified late last week.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/19 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/18LJuGArpiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shades

PostPosted: 09/23/19 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mZFV0heYvZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChasingRatDogmaSalade

PostPosted: 09/24/19 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NIKE-Las Vegas Aces videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGAvbRbXTc&list=PLNqKTn4CuEXf9a8P1Zz3bpqNmpmOOhb-n&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-olW6njS9o&list=PLNqKTn4CuEXf9a8P1Zz3bpqNmpmOOhb-n&index=1

Stormeo

PostPosted: 09/24/19 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelsey Plum's best is yet to come by Mechelle Voepel

Quote:
Kelsey Plum climbed into a taxi in Manhattan. Just hours earlier she had been selected as the No. 1 overall pick in the 2017 WNBA Draft. She knew it was supposed to be one of the happiest days of her life. But it didn't feel that way.

"I cried," she recalled of the ride to her hotel. "It felt like, 'No matter what I do, I don't know if I'll ever be able to live up to the hype that I created in college.' It was like, 'This might be the pinnacle for me.'"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: