RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Diamond return next year?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jlcarter

PostPosted: 02/15/17 12:24 pm    ::: Diamond return next year? Reply Reply with quote

My time here has been one of immense growth,” DeShields said. “I have grown a lot, learning from my mistakes and learning from my coaches. Being a part of this program and this team, I have learned and met so many great people who taught me so many great things.

“As an athlete, I haven’t become the player I want to be individually. I want to have more of an impact here and do more for this program. I know we can get back to the Final Four and I want to be a part of the conversation about what Holly Warlick did for Tennessee and ‘I remember when Diamond was there and the year they had.’ I want it to be like that.

“I want to be mentioned one of the greats of this university and I am never going to give up on that. I am just going to stay humble and enjoy the process.”

http://m.herosports.com/news/d1-womens-basketball-diamond-deshields-tennessee-lady-volunteer

Shades

PostPosted: 02/15/17 1:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Probably just a little "rah-rah" for the fans ahead of the tournaments. I'm not going to read too much into it.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/15/17 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It will be harder to beat Conn next year, but both Tenn and Ohio St. if everyone stays will be better next year than this. So I can see the players wanting to stay, or at least the idea of being a top team, Final four contender next year being sold to them as a reason to stay.

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/15/17 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dunno. She wants to be really great...and stay humble. ok.

- Amanda Gorman
LDYVOLS4EVER

PostPosted: 02/16/17 9:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
I dunno. She wants to be really great...and stay humble. ok.

Whats wrong with that? I don't know any competitive athlete who doesn't want to be great. Being humble means you don't throw it people's faces.

Your comment would make more sense if the quote had been given by say, Rellah Boothe.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/17 10:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Haters are gonna hate. That's all.

I've seen a lot from DD over the past 3 years, a good deal of which most of you, other than Lady Vol fans, probably haven't. She is a thoughtful kid and a lot of what she says gets taken out of context. She's also a damn good student and has been on the SEC's scholar-athlete panel (I forget what it's called now), an honor which has also gone to some others such as Kara Lawson and Cierra Burdick. Ihope she does come back because I think she and Russell both would make a good solid foundation for the new kids on the block. If she doesn't, I wish her well.

PostPosted: 02/16/17 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I guess anybody who doesn't think Diamond is the most wonderful bball player to grace the planet is a what you call a person who hates. Whatever...

I am glad to hear she has been scholastically excellent. We hear too little about the Student part of student-athlete and I admire any kid who can excel at both.

But if you look at that statement, not only about how great she wants to be, but how much she wants everyone else to think she's great and also to remember how great she is....I just don't see anything humble about it.

edit: interesting that the software doesn't allow me to say the word you used re: hate. ie with the 'r' on the end. I guess Trump editing is already in place.

- Amanda Gorman
FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 02/16/17 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That word was banned well before Trump. Otherwise, agree about DD. The team will be better without that kind of attitude.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/16/17 8:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Diamond is the "most wonderful player ever to grace the planet" at all. I *do* think, however, that she's gotten a lot of unreasonable opprobrium and nasty comments from people who are old enough to know better, which is why I said what I did.

PostPosted: 02/16/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you watching tonight's game? She's playing one-on-one offense and no defense. Two TO's already. Not a team player, but maybe she'll do something to make the highlight reel. And now she's down after diving for her own TO, but not what I meant by team being better off without her,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: