RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Suzy Merchant to take medical leave of absence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petrel

PostPosted: 01/17/17 4:15 pm    ::: Suzy Merchant to take medical leave of absence Reply Reply with quote

http://www.hoopfeed.com/content/2017/01/17/michigan-state-head-coach-suzy-merchant-to-take-a-medical-leave-of-absence/

Michigan State women’s basketball head coach Suzy Merchant has taken a medical leave of absence from the Spartan women’s basketball program.

Effective immediately, associate head coach Amaka Agugua will serve as interim head coach, during Merchant’s time away.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/17/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sounds like it's a lot worse than first thought. I spent a lot of my career in cardiology and my wheels are turning but I'm not going to start speculating here. Just wishing the best for Suzy.

PostPosted: 01/17/17 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Jim Jabir stepped away kind of suddenly just before the year started, the Maine coach is currently on a leave of absence and now you have Merchant. It's still only January, a little more than halfway through the season.

For some reason I feel like I'm missing another coach in a similar situation.

BallState1984

PostPosted: 01/18/17 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

purduefanatic wrote:
So Jim Jabir stepped away kind of suddenly just before the year started, the Maine coach is currently on a leave of absence and now you have Merchant. It's still only January, a little more than halfway through the season.

For some reason I feel like I'm missing another coach in a similar situation.

Taylor's Kelly Packard walked away just after Thanksgiving. Still having issues dealing with her son's death.

PostPosted: 02/13/17 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Suzy was back on the sidelines yesterday. It was her heart.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/sports/columnists/graham-couch/2017/02/12/suzy-merchant-heart-heath-couch-column/97831960/

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/13/17 10:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. That's scary stuff. Hope they have it well controlled.

purduefanatic

PostPosted: 02/14/17 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ditto. My mom is going through some stuff like that right now only she is going to have to have a Mitral Valve clip. Anything heart related is scary indeed.

I really like Merchant and hope she has it under control for her & her family's sake.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 02/14/17 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Having been a cardiac nurse before my retirement, I'm not as scared of such things as the ordinary layperson probably is. I'm pretty familiar with both the surgical solutions and the electrical ones and have the greatest respect for electocardiologists (we generally referred to them as "electricians or even "shock docs" Wink ). They are true geniuses, although some of them tend to be a little weird at times, especially in their senses of humor. It was my privilege to work with some truly great ones. I can say, reading between the lines, that I pretty much know what Suzy's dealing with. It sounds a lot like what my dad had.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: