RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How About NC State?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ridor

PostPosted: 01/03/17 2:22 am    ::: How About NC State? Reply Reply with quote

NC State pulled its second straight upset of Top 10 teams by beating No. 6 Florida State 70-61 in Tallahassee right after its upset of No. 2 Notre Dame in Raleigh.

Impressive. VT is still untested in the ACC. If it pulls a win over Notre Dame, Duke or Florida State, then you can argue that it is legitimate team. Beating Tennessee in Blacksburg does not mean they do belong to the upper echelons of ACC. Smile

CBiebel

PostPosted: 01/03/17 6:45 am    ::: Re: How About NC State? Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
NC State pulled its second straight upset of Top 10 teams by beating No. 6 Florida State 70-61 in Tallahassee right after its upset of No. 2 Notre Dame in Raleigh.

Impressive. VT is still untested in the ACC. If it pulls a win over Notre Dame, Duke or Florida State, then you can argue that it is legitimate team. Beating Tennessee in Blacksburg does not mean they do belong to the upper echelons of ACC. Smile

I was just about to post this. I still haven't had a chance to watch the ND-NC St. game (two full weeks of family visiting in shifts, so no time for stuff like that).

However, I did see that NC St. beat Fl. St. after beating ND. In fact, they beat FSU on the road by more than UConn did (and with Romero playing)... Wink

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 01/03/17 7:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Next game is the also Ranked U on thursday

Beat the U and that rivals or even surpasses RU's fabled week when they beat ranked Texas Tennessee and LSU back in 2005 which is considered one of the better runs in WBB history.

I always had high faith in Wes Moore...with what amounts to a new arena I think the sky's the limit here...this is a major new beginning for a team with a TON of WBB tradition

PostPosted: 01/03/17 7:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With brand-new stadium, it is not working well for the Cavaliers. Sad I'm so sick of Joanne Boyle. She always came up with an excuse after an excuse year in and out. Six years and she has yet to do better job in the ACC. I think it is time to fire her and put Tim Taylor or LaKeshia Frett-Meredith in as Head Coach.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/03/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ridor wrote:
With brand-new stadium, it is not working well for the Cavaliers. Sad I'm so sick of Joanne Boyle. She always came up with an excuse after an excuse year in and out. Six years and she has yet to do better job in the ACC. I think it is time to fire her and put Tim Taylor or LaKeshia Frett-Meredith in as Head Coach.

UVA had a giant lead last night and looked like they were headed to a blowout win.

Then they choked up.

Huge disappointment for UVA fans.

ridor

PostPosted: 01/03/17 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Same situation with NOrthwestern.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 01/03/17 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Wolfpack's win in Tallahassee was really a surprise to me. One thing to win at home, another on the road.

Glad the ACCN is around.

PostPosted: 01/03/17 8:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Really thrilled for NC State- I think Wes Moore is the perfect coach to take advantage of weakness from the more traditional Triangle powers, and I think this team's got something to prove after the snub last year. Good on 'em!

(now with spelling variations)
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/03/17 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's always fun to see a 'new' team poke their nose into the ring of good teams. Makes things more interesting.

- Amanda Gorman
purduefanatic

PostPosted: 01/04/17 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So happy for Wes. He is such a great guy with that southern, down home personality. He is a tremendous coach who is really starting to leave his mark at NC State. I think Kay Yow would be proud of what he is doing with the Wolfpack.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 01/04/17 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched the replay of the FSU game last night. FSU didn't play well, but a lot of that was because NC State disrupted them at every turn. Happy to see the emergence of a possible new giant killer!

PostPosted: 01/04/17 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I watched the replay of the FSU game last night. FSU didn't play well, but a lot of that was because NC State disrupted them at every turn. Happy to see the emergence of a possible new giant killer!

To be a giant killer, they'd have to play, and beat Uconn which will never happen. NC State is a decent team who got lucky a couple times.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/04/17 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

To be a giant killer, they'd have to play, and beat Uconn which will never happen. NC State is a decent team who got lucky a couple times.

I'm curious. What handle(s) did you previously post under here before November?

It's been over three years since ESPN shut down. I expect you've been posting somewhere under some name(s), right?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/12/17 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

I'm curious. What handle(s) did you previously post under here before November?

It's been over three years since ESPN shut down. I expect you've been posting somewhere under some name(s), right?

I used to post in the old WNBA Fan Voice with my real name Jonathon and I used to post in ESPN as Huskyluva when I lived in Australia. I moved to Key West FL in early October. I was never a member of Rebkell until now, I just read here for updates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: