RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Time to bash Holly, Diamond, Mercedes, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/28/16 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
I'll let them explain it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xd1e2Gx7k2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Seems to me like 2 players looking for motivation and guidance 😟

PostPosted: 11/28/16 8:39 pm    ::: Re: Time to bash Holly, Diamond, Mercedes, etc. Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
Have at it, contemners.

(Is that a word?)

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel
As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel
Since God is marching on

THAT'S from the Battle Hymn of the Republic, right? Laughing

Tennessee's BIGGEST problem? It's that its storied success created a legacy that cannot self-sustain. Even the vaunted UConn will be *here*, in this place in 10 or 20 years, when Shea Ralph has taken over.

But....as stated above by others: their recent history in NCAA's alone is enviable, by MOST school's standards. If we didn't know their history, we'd all think this was an up-and-coming powerhouse. Cool

PostPosted: 11/28/16 8:52 pm    ::: Re: Time to bash Holly, Diamond, Mercedes, etc. Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Tennessee's BIGGEST problem? It's that its storied success created a legacy that cannot self-sustain.

Well, yeah, but where's the fun in that?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/28/16 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jlcarter wrote:
I'll let them explain it.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xd1e2Gx7k2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep, definitely door number 3.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/28/16 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

What? You mean you didn't like the part about I "over think" and turn the ball over when I look to pass, so I'm going to just start shooting it myself.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Shocked

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/28/16 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

What? You mean you didn't like the part about I turn the ball over when I look to pass, so I'm going to just start shooting it myself.

Yeah, that sounds like a plan. Shocked

At thid point i wouldnt mind her shooting more than pass. They need. Dominant offensive threat in the backcourt. Being afraid to mess up will not make anything better. What does she have to lose? Shes still a lottery pick i say Go For Gold Diamond 😄

PostPosted: 11/28/16 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are we really putting this all on Holly? The numerous missed layups? Failure to box out? Trotting down the floor instead of running? Not taking care of the ball?

Too many players that need a kick in the *** on this team, and they can't be benched because the bench isn't long enough to provide viable subs.

Not that I'm praising Holly, but there's plenty of blame to go around.

myrtle

PostPosted: 11/28/16 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem may be that she needs to think/plan a bit more rather than less, but maybe that's not possible. Just going with the flow might work with street ball, but... [shaking head] I dunno.

Agree it sounds like somebody needs to take the reins, spend some time looking at tape (yeah, that involves thinking!) with the girls one on one as well as with the whole team, and creating some structure, not tearing it down. [In my experience this is at least partially the duties of an assistant coach] Maybe go back to step one and work from there. It just sounds like a hot mess and these girls have no clue. Clearly they are disappointed and want to improve but they need direction! It's really sad.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/29/16 12:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Are we really putting this all on Holly? The numerous missed layups? Failure to box out? Trotting down the floor instead of running? Not taking care of the ball?

Too many players that need a kick in the *** on this team, and they can't be benched because the bench isn't long enough to provide viable subs.

Well maybe she needed to start instilling some discipline a year or two or three or four ago when there was some bench.

cthskzfn

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 11/29/16 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:

Isn't that Holly's responsibility?

PostPosted: 11/29/16 2:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sees to me that Tenn & Duke are on parallel death dives until they get new coaches

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/29/16 5:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goforit77 wrote:
Sees to me that Tenn & Duke are on parallel death dives until they get new coaches

Doesn't seem to be hurting either 's recruiting.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 11/30/16 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
goforit77 wrote:

Doesn't seem to be hurting either 's recruiting.

Agreed and agreed.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/04/16 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The first 4 Mins of the baylor game so far has caused reasons to start this thread again . Smh this is already embarrassing , how do you NOT come to play against a top 5 Team? Holly Should have these gals more #Motivated

PostPosted: 12/04/16 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've watched essentially this same group of players for three years, and every game half the team comes to play which is not to say they play perfect, and the other half look like they can't be bothered, and they're the same groups every time. I don't think this latter group is going to be motivated by anything or anyone.

NationalInsider

PostPosted: 12/04/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diamond, Mercedes, and Holly today have been exactly like Diamond Holly and Mercedes have been for the last two years why expect anything to change.

Durantula

PostPosted: 12/04/16 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NationalInsider wrote:
Diamond, Mercedes, and Holly today have been exactly like Diamond Holly and Mercedes have been for the last two years why expect anything to change.

Are you surprised Rennia Davis is going to Tennessee given their current play?

MBR_CT33

PostPosted: 12/05/16 6:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sometimes long standing "assistant coaches" are just that, they do not translate well to head coach. Holly had the love for all Baylor's players (after just getting their ass whooped) at end of game...hugging just about any player that wanted a hug! Would Pat have hugged just about every Baylor after such a loss?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: