RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maryland adopts clear bag policy for arena entry
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/12/16 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For most of us, I really don't think it's that big of a deal. For Queenie I can see the problem. Maybe you could get a press pass exception? I've started taking a little google chromebook on the road because it's so small and lightweight. It can't do a lot of stuff but can do the main things I need for travelling and is Soooo much handier/lighter than the 15" dell I used to pack around. BUT it does have the small keyboard so for serious typing, not so great.

- Amanda Gorman
Queenie

PostPosted: 10/12/16 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The other thing that occurred to me- what about students? I mean, purportedly these are academic institutions, right? So what about students coming from late classes to night games? Do they have to remember to carry their clear bag all day so everyone can see what they're carrying around? Do they have to not carry their books? Maybe it's not as much of a problem as I thought (and yes, I know, there are weekend games where students aren't in class), but I know I had classes that ran until 5:30-6- no chance in hell of me getting to anywhere where I could stash my stuff before getting to a game.

Typing reference- this post took me about two minutes, including correcting for typos that I can just tap away on the tablet, as compared to four or five minutes for the shorter post prior in this thread. So yeah, speed is a personal issue. (And also, I tend to do a lot of work on whatever form of transport is bearing me home from the game, whether it's bus or train. Arena security protocols are irrelevant to the Q31.)

PostPosted: 10/13/16 12:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kabuki Theater always makes me feel safe....

FrozenLVFan

PostPosted: 10/13/16 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I expect they'll have an unpublicized mechanism for searching larger bags carried by workers, press, and other people who have legitimate reasons for carrying them. I suggest you contact the arena and inquire. Unfortunately, we now live in a world where public venues are targets, DHS now recommends that all bags be searched, and clear bags are one way of speeding the process up and avoiding long queues.

Brinx

PostPosted: 11/03/16 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UCLAs Pauley Pavilion also adopted this clear bag policy. Never saw a big announcement but just saw it mentioned on their wbb Instagram as a reminder for their opening game. Guess I need to get a clear game bag....or a pair of pants with bigger pockets.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 11/03/16 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I went to a football game shortly after 9/11 happened. There was more security ++ than usual for good reason.

I went to a recent football game, and there was massive security +++++++ presence all over, with longest lines ever to get in ... all because 2 drunk alumns snuck on the field overnight.

So stupid.

whispering Conspiracy Theory voice : but have you seen the bombs you can make with Hair Gel , and have you seen the Hairdos at women's basketball games ?! They've been plotting something for years, decades even.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: