RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Will Megan Walker choose UConn, Texas or ND?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which of her final three schools will Megan Walker choose?
Connecticut
50%
 50%  [ 22 ]
Notre Dame
18%
 18%  [ 8 ]
Texas
31%
 31%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 44

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/04/16 8:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Prentice Beverly is running this same poll on his Twitter feed and has 331 votes so far, but again I can't vote or see the votes as a non-Tweetee:

https://twitter.com/PBevBallNPrep/status/782708911312961536

Maybe someone else can help out again.

Looking at what I can see on Megan Walker's Twitter feed, I will speculate that part of her attraction to Texas seems to be a personal admiration of Tina Thompson. Walker has several pictures of Thompson and calls her the G.O.A.T.

On the other hand, Walker also has a recent video on her Twitter feed of ROY Breanna Stewart highlights. (Under the illogical analysis standard preferred by some members of this board, this is solid evidence that Walker is considering a direct jump from high school to the Seattle Storm.)

Last edited by GlennMacGrady on 10/04/16 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 10/04/16 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Prentice Beverly is running this same poll on his Twitter feed and has 331 votes so far, but again I can't vote or see the votes as a non-Tweetee:

https://twitter.com/PBevBallNPrep/status/782708911312961536

Maybe someone else can help out again.

It's not exactly the same question. Prentice is asking where she should go, not where she will go.

Current results there

30% Texas
52% UConn
18% Notre Dame

PostPosted: 10/04/16 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm going with Uconn.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/05/16 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:

Unfortunately for ND, only one visit on NDs dime, several to both Texas and UCONN.

Are you sure she had ever previously visited Texas?

bballjunkie wrote:
She has been around Texas as much as CT. ND no.

bballjunkie wrote:
Who is us? Don't you mean you! And FYI I don't have to tell you shit. Look it up yourself, and before you start with your crap, I don't give a damn what you think, so read or don't read I don't care.

For Glenn, she was in Texas just prior at John Lucas and there were numerous pics in social media, along with her comments from articles and my own sources in TX.

But straight from the horse's mouth:

“My goal was the end of (September), but I didn’t expect to be this confused,” she said. “Before now, I only visited UConn, so I didn’t really know what to expect when I went to Texas or Notre Dame.”

Oh, and everyone paying attention knew that Walker did NOT visit Texas in connection with attending the Lucas event, although several other players from that event did travel to Austin to take in the Texas-ND football game.

Guess someone needs some new "sources".

http://www.richmond.com/sports/high-school/basketball/girls/article_eeb4900e-b50c-5242-95f5-ae5894254600.html

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/05/16 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

[quote="ArtBest23"][quote="ArtBest23"][quote="bballjunkie"]

Unfortunately for ND, only one visit on NDs dime, [b]several to both Texas[/b] and UCONN.[/quote]

Are you sure she had ever previously visited Texas? [/quote]

[quote="bballjunkie"]She has been around Texas as much as CT. ND no.[/quote]

[quote="bballjunkie"]Who is us? Don't you mean you! And FYI I don't have to tell you shit. Look it up yourself, and before you start with your crap, I don't give a damn what you think, so read or don't read I don't care.

For Glenn, she was in Texas just prior at John Lucas and there were numerous pics in social media, along with her comments from articles and my own sources in TX.[/quote]

But straight from the horse's mouth:

[i]“My goal was the end of (September), but I didn’t expect to be this confused,” she said. [b]“Before now, I only visited UConn, so I didn’t really know what to expect when I went to Texas or Notre Dame.”[/b][/i]

Oh, and everyone paying attention knew that Walker did NOT visit Texas in connection with attending the Lucas event, although several other players from that event did travel to Austin to take in the Texas-ND football game.

Guess someone needs some new "sources".

[url]http://www.richmond.com/sports/high-school/basketball/girls/article_eeb4900e-b50c-5242-95f5-ae5894254600.html[/url][/quote]

And anyone who can't read and thinks the word visit and contact mean the same should STFU.

It's funny I really like the way McGraw coaches and her players play the game but boy it just takes one fucking lunatic to make a person root against them.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/05/16 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:

And anyone who can't read and thinks the word visit and contact mean the same should STFU.

Yep, those words are different. But then, you only used one of them.

bballjunkie wrote:

Unfortunately for ND, only one visit on NDs dime, several to both Texas and UCONN.

And of course if we were talking about "contacts" (which obviously no one was) then you'd still be completely wrong since Muffett has had multiple home visits with Walker going back at least a year to September 2015.

So either it's visits and she had no previous visits with either ND or Texas, or contacts and then she had numerous contacts with all three schools.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/05/16 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not that it has any connection to her decision, but simply as some additional information about her, Megan Walker has adopted the nickname "#50piecemeg", presumably referring to her scoring 50 points in one game, and also has her own line of "MKW" t-shirts, tank tops and bracelets, which she wears in some of her college/home visit photos.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/02/16 3:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2

PostPosted: 11/03/16 9:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Are they going to televise this, please tell me no.

PostPosted: 11/03/16 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oldfandepot2 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yeah, ESPN did televise one or two hyped recruits in the past. Who were they? I can't remember.

Of course, I'm sure local media will be there and, in addition, that some friend or relative will video the event and put it up on YouTube.

What I always wonder is whether the schools already know the decision.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 11/04/16 8:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Walker to Uconn Westbrook to Tennessee, that's what I'm rolling with.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/04/16 11:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

And you arrived at this remarkable insight how exactly?

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 11/04/16 1:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Walker to UConn as well.

Hoping Evina stays out west, either USC or Oregon State. Hence, the "hoping" part of that.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/05/16 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Oldfandepot2 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Yeah, ESPN did televise one or two hyped recruits in the past. Who were they? I can't remember.

Of course, I'm sure local media will be there and, in addition, that some friend or relative will video the event and put it up on YouTube.

What I always wonder is whether the schools already know the decision.

I know Aja Wilsons was on espn ...i watched it live without knowing who tha hell she was lol i do now!

PostPosted: 11/05/16 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:

And you arrived at this remarkable insight how exactly?
i would not complain with this as a lady vol fan.

PostPosted: 11/05/16 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LeBron James got a lot of flack for his whole "The Decision", so I am surprised people want to mimic him and call their announcement the same thing. Just call it a signing ceremony, commitment announcement, but THE DECISION makes something sound way more important than it really is.

Someone mentioned TV, did anyone confirm whether this is televised? And I didn't know A'ja Wilson's was televised, was anyone else's?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/05/16 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:

Someone mentioned TV, did anyone confirm whether this is televised? And I didn't know A'ja Wilson's was televised, was anyone else's?

I'll be surprised. I doubt ESPN finds WBB announcements worth the airtime. And if you recall they had five months of Wilson as the lone holdout to hype her decision before she announced in April.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/06/16 11:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
LeBron James got a lot of flack for his whole "The Decision", so I am surprised people want to mimic him and call their announcement the same thing. Just call it a signing ceremony, commitment announcement, but THE DECISION makes something sound way more important than it really is.

Yes it was On ESPNW a few yrs ago

PostPosted: 11/06/16 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Do you mean a different channel? I thought espnW was a website, unless you meant it was livestreamed on ESPNW. ESPN-U maybe?

Has anyone other than A'ja Wilson had a televised announcement?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 11/06/16 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Do you mean a different channel? I thought espnW was a website, unless you meant it was livestreamed on ESPNW. ESPN-U maybe?

I recall watching Seimone Augustus sign in April of 2002. I don't recall if it was live on TV. She had held out until the last minute on her decision between Tennessee and LSU. Although I'm a little shaky on this, I seem also to recall that she had on a jacket, took it off to show a Tennessee sweatshirt, and then took that off to show an LSU jersey.
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 11/06/16 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Oook if you want to be all technical. EspnU streams ESPNW events all the time. But continue your investigation 😁 . you might be able to youtube it.

PostPosted: 11/06/16 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Heres Aja'shttps://youtu.be/tbNBe2Civ-g

PostPosted: 11/06/16 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Durantula wrote:

Oook if you want to be all technical. EspnU streams ESPNW events all the time. But continue your investigation 😁 . you might be able to youtube it.

Thanks for the link below and trust me I wasn't trying to be all technical, I was just genuinely curious and it seemed like you knew. Not trying to quiz you

CBiebel

PostPosted: 11/07/16 5:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Funny, I thought I'd posted in this thread, but apparently not.

Personally, I'm thinking she doesn't go to ND. I don't know why, but it's just a feeling.

However, as long as ND gets either Walker or Westbrook, I'll be happy. If ND somehow gets both, I'll be ecstatic.

Durantula

PostPosted: 11/07/16 5:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Walker will be interviewed on ESPNU's signing day coverage on Thursday. At first I was wondering why she was committing on the day after the signing period begins if she already knows where she is going... but I guess this is why.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: