RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Big News for FSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noleman

PostPosted: 09/23/16 5:56 pm    ::: Big News for FSU Reply Reply with quote

Chatrice White has been granted immediately eligibility! Will play this upcoming season after transferring from Illinois this summer.
http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211186423

Go Noles!
Quote:
Instead of entering her redshirt sophomore year having to sit out with two years of eligibility remaining, she now has the same amount of years remaining as a junior. The native of Shelby, Neb., will participate with FSU beginning with its first official practice on Monday, Oct. 3. She can now engage in season-long competition right away, beginning with FSU’s season opener on Friday, Nov. 11, vs. Jacksonville State.

Phil

PostPosted: 09/23/16 7:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do we know why?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/23/16 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FSU also managed to get the usually mandatory sit-out year waived for Leticia Romero.

They must have a good law school there.
Queenie

PostPosted: 09/23/16 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They seem to have been more lenient with the waivers in the last few years, from my own subjective observations.

(now with spelling variations)
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/23/16 10:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
They seem to have been more lenient with the waivers in the last few years, from my own subjective observations.

More lenient and seemingly even more arbitrary.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/24/16 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I suspect it has something to do with the lawsuit against the U of I coaching staff. Anyone think of that angle? Nah, too busy griping that she gets to play this year.

PostPosted: 09/24/16 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
I suspect it has something to do with the lawsuit against the U of I coaching staff. Anyone think of that angle? Nah, too busy griping that she gets to play this year.

No, that was what I thought. IIRC, the Illinois transfers who went to DePaul got immediate eligibility. I may not recall correctly, though.

(now with spelling variations)
summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/25/16 9:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But Queenie, you weren't one of the ones bitching.

PostPosted: 09/25/16 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
But Queenie, you weren't one of the ones bitching.

You're right. No one was.

Howee

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good news for all around. Maybe they've got a shot at the Huskies now? Very Happy

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow that is huge, FSU is really talented and deep this year. It'll be interesting to see how Semrau works that lineup. They have 5 or 6 players that could average double digits and 2 of them are junior transfers. Shakayla Thomas could be their 6th man again this season.

ND, Louisville and FSU are easily the best Top 3 and no other conference comes close. If those 3 only lose to eachother in the ACC I will not be surprised.

elsie

PostPosted: 09/26/16 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

we had a player who left her program in the fall....transferred to the nearby womens college....she not only could not play that year, they made her sit another full year, and now she'll play this year and this year only...

must be something about pulling strings for the "special schools"...

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/27/16 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

elsie wrote:
we had a player who left her program in the fall....transferred to the nearby womens college....she not only could not play that year, they made her sit another full year, and now she'll play this year and this year only...

Depends on the reason for leaving, as I mentioned. Illinois has been sued for mistreatment of players and the case was pretty well documented, which was why Chatrice White left there. Usually in a case like that the player is allowed to play immediately for their new school. Leticia Romero wanted to leave because the coach who recruited her was fired, but KSU initially refused to allow her to transfer and only after a major outcry and pressure on them did they allow it at all. I think she had to sit a semester, although I could be wrong.

In the case of your player, I don't know what other circumstances, if any, there might have been, since I have no idea who or what you're talking about.

PostPosted: 09/29/16 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post.

Last edited by giraffespots on 09/29/16 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
giraffespots

PostPosted: 09/29/16 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
elsie wrote:

Depends on the reason for leaving, as I mentioned. Illinois has been sued for mistreatment of players and the case was pretty well documented, which was why Chatrice White left there. Usually in a case like that the player is allowed to play immediately for their new school. Leticia Romero wanted to leave because the coach who recruited her was fired, but KSU initially refused to allow her to transfer and only after a major outcry and pressure on them did they allow it at all. I think she had to sit a semester, although I could be wrong.

In the case of your player, I don't know what other circumstances, if any, there might have been, since I have no idea who or what you're talking about.

Washington Redskins sympathizers!!!

PostPosted: 09/30/16 7:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
elsie wrote:

I don't believe Chatrise was one of the Illini who alleged mistreatment. In fact so think both she and her family were supportive of Bollant and Divilbiss.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/30/16 12:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting, I guess if I was any transfer right now, I would be looking into using this decision Wink

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/30/16 1:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
elsie wrote:

I don't believe Chatrise was one of the Illini who alleged mistreatment. In fact so think both she and her family were supportive of Bollant and Divilbiss.

Which doesn't really matter in the long run apparently, it's the entire set of circumstances that does.

Last edited by summertime blues on 09/30/16 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/30/16 1:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

giraffespots wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
elsie wrote:

Washington Redskins sympathizers!!!

What in the name of all that's holy are you babbling about?

PostPosted: 09/30/16 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is HUGE for FSU. I think White is better than Bulgak (sorry NY) so they basically have their entire team back from last year, which was already very good, and add in Wright as well as White. They will be very very good.

- Amanda Gorman
bballjunkie

PostPosted: 10/01/16 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I will disagree, I will say Bulgak was definitely a better defender, White is on the slow side.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/01/16 3:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
I will disagree, I will say Bulgak was definitely a better defender, White is on the slow side.

While this is likely true, she has great hands, more offense, and is a great positional rebounder as well....so I guess it depends on what you're looking for. (but of course I thought Bulgak was over-rated in just about all ways)

- Amanda Gorman
Durantula

PostPosted: 10/10/16 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is this a big deal or will it not matter? White was picked to play in the USA 3 on 3 team, its a team full of kids sitting out a transfer year, since they are going to China this week. Alexis Jennings (South Carolina), Natalie Romeo (Washington), and White. If White knew she was going to be eligible, I'd guess she wouldn't have tried out for this team? All in all its only a week so it may not hurt the team, but we are close to the season and it could be tough for a new player expected to play big minutes is gone for a week when she has more to learn than say your average FSU returner who knows the offense and defense already.

noleman

PostPosted: 10/10/16 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Is this a big deal or will it not matter? White was picked to play in the USA 3 on 3 team, its a team full of kids sitting out a transfer year, since they are going to China this week. Alexis Jennings (South Carolina), Natalie Romeo (Washington), and White. If White knew she was going to be eligible, I'd guess she wouldn't have tried out for this team? All in all its only a week so it may not hurt the team, but we are close to the season and it could be tough for a new player expected to play big minutes is gone for a week when she has more to learn than say your average FSU returner who knows the offense and defense already.

http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211218608

Quote:
“I think it’s really cool. When Coach Sue first told me about the 3-on-3, at the time she didn’t know if I was going to play or not,” White said. “She said best case scenario, you get to do both. She didn’t want to hold me back from going if I didn’t get to play either. Now that I get to do both it’s really cool.”

Quote:
The commitment means White will have to miss some practice time, which began on Monday, Oct. 3.
“It’s awesome, but I’m bummed I’m going to miss some practice here and miss the bonding and the team growing,” White added. “But the coaches think my game will grow personally from the 3-on-3 because it’s a different style and it will improve my game.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: