RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Who will win the ACC Regular Season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win the ACC Regular Season?
Notre Dame
70%
 70%  [ 26 ]
FSU
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Miami
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Louisville
16%
 16%  [ 6 ]
Syracuse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Duke
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
UVA
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Someone Else
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 37

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/01/16 4:37 pm    ::: Who will win the ACC Regular Season? Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame has only lost one ACC game, season or tournament, since joining the conference. Is this the year for someone else?

lvf08

PostPosted: 09/01/16 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 09/01/16 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This one's a cake-easy call. The Irish.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/02/16 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame. Too easy. Second place is a horse race between FSU and Syracuse. I look for VA Tech to improve with Kenny Brooks at the helm, but it may take a couple of years (and I'm still mad at him for leaving JMU, but looking at what Tech offered him vs. what he got here, I can understand it).

PostPosted: 09/02/16 9:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think the most likely challenger for the title is Louisville.

And I think the likelihood of VaTech being a challenger for the ACC WBB crown in our lifetime is approximately zero. This isn't the CAA.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/02/16 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

And I think the likelihood of VaTech being a challenger for the ACC WBB crown in our lifetime is approximately zero. This isn't the CAA.

Did I say challenger? I said IMPROVE.
Don't be an ass.

PostPosted: 09/02/16 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

Did I say challenger? I said IMPROVE.
Don't be an ass.

Why don't you try just once in your life to stick to commenting on the subject matter and skip the childish name-calling.

And contrary to your inflated sense of self importance, not every comment is a personal challenge to you. 99.99% of the time it's just a comment about something that was posted without any slight regard for who posted it.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/02/16 11:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was one of the votes for FSU but it's more out of wishful thinking. As mentioned, I see them and Syracuse a level below Notre Dame and Louisville. Walz has some good pieces in place and not just M&M to fallback on. And of course the Irish have Muffett

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/02/16 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
I was one of the votes for FSU but it's more out of wishful thinking. As mentioned, I see them and Syracuse a level below Notre Dame and Louisville. Walz has some good pieces in place and not just M&M to fallback on. And of course the Irish have Muffett

I put Miami into that mix too as another dangerous team (and I think a very well coached team).

We need to see how the roster changes effect and get integrated into FSU and Syracuse. How do they replace Bulgak and Butler respectively.

But yeah, ND and Lville have, on paper, the most talented rosters.

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 09/02/16 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wish it could be Boston College, but that is just my pipe dream.

Notre Dame will win the conference.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 09/13/16 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sometimes think MM is a little over rated as a coach, and wasn't brought up as one of the best coaches until a Sophomore named Skylar Diggins took down a senior Maya Moore, and then went on to have a winning record vs Geno and Uconn. The ACC has been pretty top heavy like most of the other power 5 conferences. With that being said I expect the top 2 teams to be Louisville and Notre Dame with Syracuse a close 3rd.

For Louisville they had a lot of young talent that just needed to grow together and Moore needs to be handed the keys to the offense.

ND will need a guard who can take over games, that has been the formula of success lately for Notre Dame. Turner is never fully healthy and that has hurt her growth over all as a player and her development. Young could turn out to be better then Lloyd and Diggins, but it could take her a year.

Syracuse returns most of there Key contributors and should be able to slide the nations leading scorer into the vacant shooting guard spot.
Howee

PostPosted: 09/13/16 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I sometimes think MM is a little over rated as a coach, and wasn't brought up as one of the best coaches until a Sophomore named Skylar Diggins took down a senior Maya Moore, and then went on to have a winning record vs Geno and Uconn.

Hmmm. I can't know how old you are, but....ask folks about 2001. Laughing She's been an outstanding coach for a looong time, while Skyler was still in grade school. And frankly, the ACC is hers to lose this season....I don't see any real contenders.

Ahhh, yes. For the "Old Days", when Duke was a perennial contender, and Tobacco Road was a Big Deal. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 09/13/16 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
I sometimes think MM is a little over rated as a coach, and wasn't brought up as one of the best coaches until a Sophomore named Skylar Diggins took down a senior Maya Moore, and then went on to have a winning record vs Geno and Uconn.

Prior to that, she had a Final Four and NC team, was fairly consistently in the Sweet Sixteen in most other years since NC team (just couldn't quite get past it until 2011), beat a #1 seeded Texas Tech team on their home court in the 2nd round (after losing 3 starters from the previous season), a #3 seeded Texas team on their home court in the 2nd round, and a #3 seeded KSU team on their home court in the 2nd round. It's not like she came out of nowhere in 2010-11.

Also, ND has been doing pretty well since Diggins left, too... Wink

I know there are those who are enamored with the whole "It's the star that is important" thing, but there were more ND players on the court than just Diggins. Granted that she did help a lot in raising the profile of the school and helping in recruiting, and did a great job on the court, but there were other players, too. Remember that she wasn't the 2013 Most Outstanding player for the BET and when a reporter erroneously told her she was after the Championship game, she acted surprised.

McGraw's one apparent Achilles' Heel is not being able to recruit depth in the post. It's the one piece for ND that seems to be missing.

LegoMyEggo

PostPosted: 09/14/16 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Motley makes Miami good, but never really been impressed with how they play. Have always struck me as dysfunctional.

Notre Dame's rise is no mystery- a lineup featuring future pros. The perimeter of Diggins, McBride and Loyd could easily feature on a future USA Olympic team. That's how big ND hit the jackpot with that group. Only Conn has seemingly known something similar and it translates to big time winning in college.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/14/16 1:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My my, the ACC not looking very challenging Cool

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/14/16 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
My my, the ACC not looking very challenging Cool

The ACC has a team that was in the NCAA tournament final last year and returns nearly everyone but is nonetheless generally picked to finish fourth in its conference this year.

Why don't you enlighten us as to all the conferences that are remotely as deep and challenging as that.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 09/15/16 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was joking but not lol but not surprised you would respond as you did Laughing

noleman

PostPosted: 09/19/16 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1. ND
2. Louisville
3. FSU
4. Syracuse

I would say those top 3 Teams have the 3 best players in league heading into this season (Turner, Hines-Allen, Thomas). With Peterson and Motley close behind.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/19/16 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

noleman wrote:
1. ND
2. Louisville
3. FSU
4. Syracuse

I would say those top 3 Teams have the 3 best players in league heading into this season (Turner, Hines-Allen, Thomas). With Peterson and Motley close behind.

I'd say that's a fair pre-season ranking. I expect Miami will fight with Cuse for the 4/5 spots. Then probably UNC/Duke. Then chaos.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: