RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2017 commits...already yet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LitePal

PostPosted: 08/01/16 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Morris 5-7 pg from Texas to UCLA. Baylor fans are having a meltdown.

BUfan

PostPosted: 08/01/16 3:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Meltdown" ??? Typical message board overstatement

LitePal

PostPosted: 08/01/16 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, BUfan, since the verbal, the Baylor message boards have called Morris a "liar" to the staff and her best friend, they claim she's been on the phone to Richards crying she made a mistake, they claim Mulkey might have rescinded her scholarship because of interest from a higher ranked point guard, they claim her mother forced her into UCLA. They even cite Recee Caldwell as an example of a player from Texas who transferred from UCLA, without acknowledging she's going to play for her father at Texas Tech, as is her sister.

If it's not a meltdown, it's certainly sour grapes. But if I'm guilty of message board overstatement, it's definitely coming from the Baylor boards as well.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/01/16 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meltdown, bitter, sour grapes, delusional, whatever you want call posts like this, but comical nonetheless:

"Alexis Morris would have a hard time coming back to Baylor now. She told coach Mulkey and coach Wilson that she was committed to Baylor and not to recruit a pg. so everyone at Baylor was stunned and from what I've heard it was her mom who pushed her to UCLA. I asked Didi about this yesterday when I saw her at the gym. She told me "Alexis lied to me and all the coaches".

Richards also told me that Alexis called her at 2 in the morning crying and saying "what did I just do"? So I really think it's more to this than we known."

Maybe her mom just doesn't want her going to school any place where her dorm mates and half the people in the classroom, not to mention half the fans in the arena, are packing 9mm Glocks under their sweatshirts.

So at Texas universities does the"full cost of attendance" calculation now include the cost of a gun and ammunition?

LitePal

PostPosted: 08/01/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Although I don't believe the alleged conversation by the Baylor poster, if anything like that did take place, I'd be more suspicious of the "best friend" who is so willing to share a private phone conversation about very sensitive information with a stranger who would then post it on a public forum in order to show how much better off they are without said player.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/02/16 9:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shelby Hardy, 5'11 PF from Homewood HS in B'ham, AL, commits to Hampton.

PostPosted: 08/03/16 4:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Meltdown, bitter, sour grapes, delusional, whatever you want call posts like this, but comical nonetheless:

"Alexis Morris would have a hard time coming back to Baylor now. She told coach Mulkey and coach Wilson that she was committed to Baylor and not to recruit a pg. so everyone at Baylor was stunned and from what I've heard it was her mom who pushed her to UCLA. I asked Didi about this yesterday when I saw her at the gym. She told me "Alexis lied to me and all the coaches".

Richards also told me that Alexis called her at 2 in the morning crying and saying "what did I just do"? So I really think it's more to this than we known."

Welp. What makes me so sad about all of this is that-- not only did Alexis Morris's mother clearly force her non-consenting daughter to commit to a school 1,500 miles away from home-- she's apparently also physically forced her daughter to change her twitter profile to reflect that Bruin commitment, and to pin her UCLA commitment tweet to the top of her twitter feed, and to continue to repost social media congrats on her UCLA verbal even *after* Alexis totally definitely for-real expressed tearful late-night remorse regarding her commitment. I mean, what kind of evil woman would do all that to her poor daughter?!

Quite clearly, Alexis Morris's mother is the biggest monster in the history of the planet, because there's certainly no way that Alexis would-- of her own volition-- decide that UCLA happens to be the best fit for her, and the place where she'd most like to continue her growth as a player and a person.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/06/16 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Aisha Sheppard, 5'10 G out of St. John's HS, commits to VA Tech.

PostPosted: 08/10/16 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Minnesota gets verbal from Destiny Pitts out of Michigan.

Prospects Nation and Hoopgurlz both have her in top 60.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/222208/destiny-pitts

mzonefan

PostPosted: 08/10/16 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
Minnesota gets verbal from Destiny Pitts out of Michigan.

Prospects Nation and Hoopgurlz both have her in top 60.

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/222208/destiny-pitts

I think she's going to be very good for the Gophers. I watched her win a MHSAA title on TV as a sophomore running her team.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/26/16 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Camp twins, Janeen 6'5 and Janae 6'3, both posts out of TPLS Christian Academy in VA, verbally commit to ODU.

PostPosted: 08/27/16 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brianna Tinsley, 5'6 G from St. Anne's-Belfield, Charlottesville, commits to UVA.

PostPosted: 08/29/16 9:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Morris decommits from UCLA. Baylor rumored to be destination.

These kids.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/30/16 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:

These kids.

We would've loooooved to've had her in Westwood, but I guess that ship has maybe sailed? That's a bummer for us Bruins, but a very fortunate break for Baylor, or whichever school Alexis ultimately lands at. Wherever that is, best wishes to Ms. Morris for an enjoyable and successful collegiate career.

Davis4632

PostPosted: 08/30/16 11:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Janelle Bailey 6'4 C Providence Day Charlotte NC commits to UNC.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/30/16 12:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

These kids.

We would've loooooved to've had her in Westwood, but I guess that ship has maybe sailed? That's a bummer for us Bruins, but a very fortunate break for Baylor, or whichever school Alexis ultimately lands at. Wherever that is, best wishes to Ms. Morris for an enjoyable and successful collegiate career.

Pat, what did you know that convinced you Morris would NOT fit at UCLA? Just curious....

PostPosted: 08/30/16 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

These kids.

Pat, what did you know that convinced you Morris would NOT fit at UCLA? Just curious....

Pat didn't say that she wouldn't fit at UCLA. He is lamenting the fact that she decommitted from UCLA, but he's being classy and wishing her well wherever she ends up. I'm sure he thinks she'd be an excellent fit in Westwood, but as she withdrew her commitment, she obviously feels otherwise.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 08/30/16 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
Howee wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
NoDakSt wrote:

These kids.

Pat didn't say that she wouldn't fit at UCLA. He is lamenting the fact that she decommitted from UCLA, but he's being classy and wishing her well wherever she ends up. I'm sure he thinks she'd be an excellent fit in Westwood, but as she withdrew her commitment, she obviously feels otherwise.

Oh for sure, I think that Alexis would fit *amazingly* at UCLA. But, of course, what I think doesn't matter. What Alexis thinks matters, and (unfortunately for us Bruin fans) Alexis appears to've decided that UCLA is not the place for her. I'm bummed about that, but I certainly wish her happiness and success wherever she goes.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/30/16 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
....because there's certainly no way that Alexis would-- of her own volition-- decide that UCLA happens to be the best fit for her, and the place where she'd most like to continue her growth as a player and a person.

Okay, forgive my lack of clarity. I was actually puzzled by this quote, because it implies some knowledge/info to believe Morris didn't want to be at UCLA. What I wanted to ask is: How was that evidenced? Did she expressly say she didn't want to be there? (I don't follow Twitter at all, so forgive my ignorance if that's where the news was posted.)

PostPosted: 08/30/16 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
patsweetpat wrote:
....because there's certainly no way that Alexis would-- of her own volition-- decide that UCLA happens to be the best fit for her, and the place where she'd most like to continue her growth as a player and a person.

Okay, forgive my lack of clarity. I was actually puzzled by this quote, because it implies some knowledge/info to believe Morris didn't want to be at UCLA. What I wanted to ask is: How was that evidenced? Did she expressly say she didn't want to be there? (I don't follow Twitter at all, so forgive my ignorance if that's where the news was posted.)

Oh, that was from back when Alexis Morris first committed to UCLA, and folks on the Baylor Board were saying that she only picked the Bruins because her mother forced her to do so. I was a sarcastic way for me to say to Baylor fans that maybe-possibly Morris committed to UCLA of her own volition.

ridor

PostPosted: 09/02/16 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brianna Tinsley verbally committed to JMU but retract after Kenny Brooks left for Virginia Tech. Few days ago, Brianna Tinsley tweeted that she verbally committed to Virginia Cavaliers.

R-

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/12/16 10:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Blair Green 6'0 W from Middlesboro, KY (Harlan HS, has verbally committed to Kentucky. (Apparently on closer look she's class of 2018, though. Talk about committing early!)

Maddie Green, PG from Winchester, VA (Millbrook HS) has verballed to JMU

Tori Harris, 6 ft. G from Half Hollow Hills HS in suburban NYC, has also committed to JMU. (Brother Tobias Harris played for the Detroit Pistons of the NBA)

I'd have posted these sooner, but Rebkell was apparently down all weekend.

PostPosted: 09/12/16 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mississippi State gets a verbal from a JUCO Jonika Garvin. The 6-foot forward would have been a frosh at Auburn this past year but played JUCO ball.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 09/12/16 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NDSU receives a verbal from Macey Kvilvang, 6-5 C, North Star HS (ND-2017). Other offers were from Minnesota, Boise St., Arizona, N. Dakota

unkiemark

PostPosted: 09/13/16 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Colorado has a verbal from 6-4 Mya Hollingshed, Bellaire, TX. She's the second commitment for the Buffs and the staff of new head coach JR Payne.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: