RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/04/16 8:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
FrozenLVFan wrote:
Per CHW's press conference, Jackson is doing very well and is back working out, and Deshields is completely healthy.

I think it was obvious anyway that Tenn needed some players to really step up their game this season, and now the identity of those players has been narrowed down.

Who do you see getting minutes at PG when Jordan Reynolds is resting, or in foul trouble? Losing two players at the same position is tough, so I am wondering if Tennessee will have to alter any of their schemes. For instance, do you want to press as much if Reynolds is going to have to play most of the game, or do you want to conserve her energy? Cooper and Carter were both active defenders, and when you have 3 PG"s you can really pressure knowing that your players can easily get rest when another capable player enters. Right now that is more unknown. DeShields could maybe handle the ball but I feel she'd be turnover prone and maybe is better on the wing. Middleton maybe could play PG but you may want her on the wing running off screens to get open threes.

Alexa Middleton will sub in for Reynolds, followed by Meme Jackson. Jackson had her knee scoped to remove some debris, but per Holly is back at practice and doing better than previously. Middleton has PG experience and is less TO-prone than DD; I once said that she could possibly be the second coming of Kellie Jolly, a Tennessee chick with PG skills and 3- point abilities.

PostPosted: 08/04/16 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Middleton will be Reynolds's primary backup, and she also reminds me a lot of Jolly. Hopefully her performance will improve to Jolly's level.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/05/16 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FrozenLVFan wrote:
Middleton will be Reynolds's primary backup, and she also reminds me a lot of Jolly. Hopefully her performance will improve to Jolly's level.

Kellie's breakout year was her junior year. I remember it well Smile

PostPosted: 08/08/16 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't looked....doesn't TN have any decent recruits coming in this year? Also, I did hear they're 'opening' at James Madison--gonna be there, Blues? Cool

PostPosted: 08/08/16 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
I haven't looked....doesn't TN have any decent recruits coming in this year? Also, I did hear they're 'opening' at James Madison--gonna be there, Blues? Cool

UT has offered homegirl Keke McKinney, a 6'1 F out of Knoxville Fulton, but she hasn't said "yes" yet....

And as for that JMU game, they broke my heart with that one. I'm going to be out of town on business that weekend. And there is no way I can get out of it!!! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: 08/30/16 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BYU lands USC transfer Khaedin Taito, 5'11 G from Hastings, NZ. A former member of the NZ Junior National Team, she played in 32 games for the Women of Troy in 2015-16, starting in 16. Not a big scorer, though, only averages 2.3 per game.

PostPosted: 09/01/16 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kailee Johnson forgoes her final season at Stanford to kick start her business career.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 09/02/16 9:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul gets late addition to 2016-17 roster, G Deja Cage out of Morgan Park HS.

PostPosted: 10/04/16 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now that the season is close I've edited this thread to only include injuries and transfers that occur beginning now, as any transfer in the offseason will now be reflected in the new rosters and well most of those kids are sitting out. What I post now will be things affecting the current 2016-2017 team.

Big news of today is Missouri's Jordan Frericks will redshirt after sustaining a knee injury. DePaul's Mart'e Grays is also going to redshirt.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/05/16 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Durantula wrote:
Now that the season is close I've edited this thread to only include injuries and transfers that occur beginning now, as any transfer in the offseason will now be reflected in the new rosters and well most of those kids are sitting out. What I post now will be things affecting the current 2016-2017 team.

Big news of today is Missouri's Jordan Frericks will redshirt after sustaining a knee injury. DePaul's Mart'e Grays is also going to redshirt.

I for one will be glad NOT to have to look at Frericks this season. She is a good player, but also one of my chief complaints about Mizzou and their dirty play. She is good enough not to have to play that way.

PostPosted: 10/05/16 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nia Staples and Juco transfer Aisha Edwards are both out for the season for WVU. Both are PG's and Edwards was expected to play a big role coming in as a junior. Big hit for WVU.

Krys Mccune, 6'4 freshman center also out for the year for WVU. Tore her ACL towards the end of her senior year.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/05/16 6:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nebraska will be without 6'3 sophomore F Rachel Blackburn, who will have season-ending knee surgery for chronic knee pain she has dealt with since childhood.

PostPosted: 10/07/16 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tyler Scaife, the star Rutgers PG, is redshirting the 2016-2017 season. Huge loss for Rutgers, who now will replace all 5 starters from last year.

Also, Simone Westbrook of the Florida Gators has a torn ACL. I'd think she is out for the year but I don't know when it happened. If it happened at the beginning of the offseason I'd think she could return sometime this year. A redshirt makes more sense though.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/07/16 6:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good grief, what happened to Scaife? I hadn't heard that.

PostPosted: 10/07/16 7:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Good grief, what happened to Scaife? I hadn't heard that.

In her own words:

Quote:

I want to assure our Scarlet Knight family that I am alright," Scaife said in a statement released by the school. "A matter arose after last year's basketball season that needed attention. After consulting with my family and medical team, I had a routine medical procedure.
"I feel that it is in my best interest to spend this season getting healthy. The matter is not career-ending, substance abuse or pregnancy. I look forward to continuing team activities, and returning to the floor in the future."

I would take that at face value...I don't play the "student athlete" card often but this is one of them #HIPPA

PostPosted: 10/07/16 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"returning to the floor" is a bit ambiguous though....like, which floor?

- Amanda Gorman
summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/13/16 1:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montana suffers a preseason loss as senior F Kayleigh Valley has a torn ACL and is out for the season.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 11:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

According to ASGR:

"St. John’s will not have the services of freshman guard Tiana England, who injured her left ACL. England was injured during an off-season workout.

The school’s release on the injury said England “was expected to be a major contributor to (Joe) Tartamella’s team” this season."

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/14/16 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jaiden McCoy of Knoxville, TN (Farragut HS), who originally committed to LA Tech and decommitted after Tyler Summitt left, then enrolled at VA Tech, has left school. Nobody knows where to next.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
According to ASGR:

"St. John’s will not have the services of freshman guard Tiana England, who injured her left ACL. England was injured during an off-season workout.

The school’s release on the injury said England “was expected to be a major contributor to (Joe) Tartamella’s team” this season."

I've seen her play before. Quick guard with good handle

Queenie

PostPosted: 10/14/16 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:
According to ASGR:

I've seen her play before. Quick guard with good handle

Given that she took the 3 that belonged to arguably two of our greatest players, she damn well better be good when she gets on the court.

(now with spelling variations)
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 10/15/16 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Montana suffers a preseason loss as senior F Kayleigh Valley has a torn ACL and is out for the season.

Damn. My fantasy stalwart is out for the year. I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS.

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/17/16 4:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ok what happened to Madeline Blais. She transferred from Marist to Dayton and sat out last year, presumably to play this year, but she's not on their roster. Did she quit when Jabir quit... or before that?

- Amanda Gorman
NoDakSt

PostPosted: 10/17/16 6:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
ok what happened to Madeline Blais. She transferred from Marist to Dayton and sat out last year, presumably to play this year, but she's not on their roster. Did she quit when Jabir quit... or before that?

Blais spent this past season battling C-diff and losing 40 pounds. That stuff is nasty. Reports are she's
Back home in New Hampshire recovering.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 10/17/16 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt wrote:
myrtle wrote:

Blais spent this past season battling C-diff and losing 40 pounds. That stuff is nasty. Reports are she's
Back home in New Hampshire recovering.

OMG, that poor girl. That stuff is EVIL! Hopefully she is well enough to get back to school by second semester, but maybe not until next year. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 12 of 17

Jump to: