RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Duke launches investigation into possible player mistreatmen
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 07/05/16 8:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Goodness gracious. In that interview, she comes off as someone in need of professional help. Holy crud.

AJMMs

PostPosted: 07/05/16 3:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

greatgator wrote:
AJMMs wrote:

Where is Kendall Cooper? She should've been a Bruin but decided at the very last minute to commit to Duke. Now where is she?

Likely back to to Duke..from the article linked earlier in this thread

"TC: Do you also expect to have Kendall Cooper back for the start of the season?

JPM: We expect to. When I say that, I say that respectfully, though, because she still has to go through the process, and that is sort of just happening right around now in terms of the process of being readmitted to Duke and coming back, but I definitely expect it and hope for it and think it would be a great thing.
"

Oh thanks I didn't make it that far I guess. I couldn't handle reading the rest of that interview. Honestly it is a bit disturbing how blatantly wacko JPM comes off as and sadly, the more she opens her mouth, the less surprised I'm becoming. Thanks.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/05/16 3:34 pm    ::: Re: McCallie discusses HR evaluation, high-profile departure Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
greatgator wrote:
This is who she is..she can't help it

http://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2016/07/qa-duke-womens-basketball-head-coach-joanne-mccallie-discusses-hr-evaluation-recent-high-profile-departures[/url]

O.M.G.
What a disgusting, self-serving POS. Throwing shade everywhere except where it belongs. This interview, to me, shows the pattern of someone with a narcissistic personality disorder. If I had a daughter with DI BB potential, Duke would now be completely OFF the list, instead of just at the very bottom. Forget the academics, the coach would not be worth it.

And the AD is a wuss.

Ding! Ding! Ding! She is the definition of a narcissist.

As always, there will be some JPM apologists trolling on this thread just for fun. Likely people who are fans of teams that gain from Duke remaining non-competitive.

She's a complete narcissist. I love the way she redefines what a transfer is to declare that she doesn't have many transfers.

I don't think that she will have many defenders left here. The primary defense of her was that her record was excellent, but that has faltered and her comments paint her as a wacko. I cannot see her surviving another year considering her ordeal seems to have emboldened her instead of humbling her. Her public comments will be the best evidence for her removal. The contrast between her reaction and Mitchell's is stunning.

Howee

PostPosted: 07/05/16 10:00 pm    ::: Re: McCallie discusses HR evaluation, high-profile departure Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
The contrast between her reaction and Mitchell's is stunning.

Which "Mitchell" might you be referring to?

PostPosted: 07/06/16 5:22 am    ::: Re: McCallie discusses HR evaluation, high-profile departure Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

I assume this one http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article74224722.html

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/06/16 9:47 am    ::: Re: McCallie discusses HR evaluation, high-profile departure Reply Reply with quote

greatgator wrote:
Howee wrote:

I assume this one http://www.kentucky.com/sports/college/kentucky-sports/uk-basketball-women/article74224722.html

Yes, Matthew Mitchell, the head coach of Kentucky. He seems contrite. He is granting releases to any of his players/commits, no matter which school they choose (i.e., not demanding that the transfer is not to an SEC team, etc.). He admits that his behavior contributed to the exodus of players (taking ownership of his role in the problem). He is trying to make it better.

By contrast, Coach P. is not at all contrite. She is blaming others for her plight, She is throwing her former players under the bus. She is claiming that Duke doesn't have a transfer problem and actually stated that Duke has had few transfers. Of course in order to make that statement, she decided to call players transfers only if they were starters. And the starters who transferred she explained away to reason why they do not count either. She blamed Geno for accepting transfers and said that if he wins a title with them, it won't mean as much. The Chronicle interviewer pointed out that Duke took another program's star in Lexie Brown, but she said that was different because Lexie came to Duke because she wanted an upgrade in the academic environment, whereas when UConn took Azura, she downgraded her academic environment. (In case you are not getting the implication of this nice little rationalization, it means that Duke can take players from just about any Power 5 school out there (except maybe Stanford), but no school except Stanford could take a Duke transfer.)

Coach P. is a classic narcissist. She is unable to see any point of view besides the one that benefits her.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/06/16 10:05 am    ::: Re: McCallie discusses HR evaluation, high-profile departure Reply Reply with quote

Fighting Artichoke wrote:
greatgator wrote:
Howee wrote:

Yes, Matthew Mitchell, the head coach of Kentucky. He seems contrite. He is granting releases to any of his players/commits, no matter which school they choose (i.e., not demanding that the transfer is not to an SEC team, etc.). He admits that his behavior contributed to the exodus of players (taking ownership of his role in the problem). He is trying to make it better.

By contrast, Coach P. is not at all contrite. She is blaming others for her plight, She is throwing her former players under the bus. She is claiming that Duke doesn't have a transfer problem and actually stated that Duke has had few transfers. Of course in order to make that statement, she decided to call players transfers only if they were starters. And the starters who transferred she explained away to reason why they do not count either. She blamed Geno for accepting transfers and said that if he wins a title with them, it won't mean as much. The Chronicle interviewer pointed out that Duke took another program's star in Lexie Brown, but she said that was different because Lexie came to Duke because she wanted an upgrade in the academic environment, whereas when UConn took Azura, she downgraded her academic environment. (In case you are not getting the implication of this nice little rationalization, it means that Duke can take players from just about any Power 5 school out there (except maybe Stanford), but no school except Stanford could take a Duke transfer.)

Coach P. is a classic narcissist. She is unable to see any point of view besides the one that benefits her.

Somewhere along the line, I think Matthew Mitchell had some kind of a come-to-Jesus moment. Whatever it was, he's had time to think and try to make some changes.

By way of contrast, JPM wouldn't recognize one of those if it hit her in the face. Further, she's being aided and abetted by a don't-care AD, to the further detriment of Duke WBB.

PostPosted: 07/06/16 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting video. Matt used the word "optics" in relation to their situation: i.e., if things just don't "look right", then you've got a red flag. If the powers that be at Duke applied that principle, they'd be seeing a LOTTA red.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 07/06/16 8:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

...and the beat goes on....

PostPosted: 07/07/16 7:23 pm    ::: Re: McCallie discusses HR evaluation, high-profile departure Reply Reply with quote

[quote="Fighting Artichoke.

Coach P. is a classic narcissist. She is unable to see any point of view besides the one that benefits her.[/quote]

What y'all are now seeing is what Duke players, families and staff have been living with for 9 years. The only difference is JPM is acting how she acts in public. She's been just as crazy (or more so) with the team this whole damn time. Those of us who knew how bad/sick/unbalanced her behavior has consistently been could not reveal the details since the individuals they happened to feared reprisal. Lucky for Azura' her coach is quite immune to this crazy person and I imagine Angela's Spanish coaches are laughing at her and grateful Angela got away from her. None of us knows the lengths JPM would go when she feels someone's been disloyal. She has gotten on twitter and accused two former asst coaches of cheating. By now everyone involved in women's basketball knows to ignore her self-serving bs. But that wasn't always the case.

Some on here have accused me multiple times of running a hate campaign against McCallie. I think everyone can now see why I wanted her far, far away from the program I love. SHE's WHACKED. She's been whacked for 9 years. She was mostly able to hide it from the public. But it's two interviews that SHE REQUESTED in which it has become clear to everyone she has a serious disorder or disorders and shouldn't be in charge of vulnerable young women. It's hard to imagine the mind games she's played on these women who are trying to break away from their parents and become their own person. She has undermined their confidence and made extremely cruel statements about how little they will achieve in life because they are "such pieces of crap."

I don't get this worked up over someone for minor reasons. McCallie has damaged every young woman who came through the program, their parents and families plus staff. Staff, being older, could more easily tell her where to stuff it. And find another job they could begin immediately. Until recently the young women had chosen the value of a Duke degree over the emotional abuse inflicted on them plus sub-standard coaching.

EVERYTHING I'VE EVER SAID ABOUT JPM IS TRUE. I'd just like that noted for future reference. It was always about the players - their mental health and their basketball futures. The fact that is was less and less fun for fans has always been secondary. One reason it was less fun is we knew what she was doing to the players and it wasn't fun to see their heads drop like they were beaten down.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 07/08/16 1:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe we need to begin an Intervention Program for these coaches. Get coaches like Renee Portland, Pam Parsons, Teresa Grentz, Lavonda Wagner, Marianne Stanley, Deb Patterson, Sheryl S., and McCallie all in the same room, and do a study on 'em! Shocked

PostPosted: 07/08/16 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I still can't believe that Lexi Browne opted to transfer into Duke. She criticized Geno for taking a transfer, but she took one herself....and a high profile one at that, just 12 months prior. Obviously I hope Stevens becomes a UCONN All-American and National Champion because I'm a UCONN fan, but also to rub it in her self-righteous face.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 07/08/16 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
I still can't believe that Lexi Browne opted to transfer into Duke. She criticized Geno for taking a transfer, but she took one herself....and a high profile one at that, just 12 months prior. Obviously I hope Stevens becomes a UCONN All-American and National Champion because I'm a UCONN fan, but also to rub it in her self-righteous face.

Coach P's hypocrisy knows no bounds. That's one of the advantages of narcissism.

greatgator

PostPosted: 07/11/16 2:31 pm    ::: Angela Salvadores Reply Reply with quote

Angela Salvadores tweeted this upon her return to Spain

"I just came back home. I didn't say anything bad about you as a person or about the program. And I could, but I won't. #GoDuke"

bacabuck

PostPosted: 07/18/16 9:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As an outsider,this has been a strange thread to read through.

It seems to establish that JPM is, at best, a loose cannon who is hurting kids, or at worst, a psycho who is actually destroying careers.......and worse.

Through all of this, however, their seems to be very little criticism of Duke for allowing this to go on,.........and on, and on, and on.

Duke hired her, Duke supports her, Duke does nothing.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/18/16 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bacabuck wrote:
As an outsider,this has been a strange thread to read through.

It seems to establish that JPM is, at best, a loose cannon who is hurting kids, or at worst, a psycho who is actually destroying careers.......and worse.

Through all of this, however, their seems to be very little criticism of Duke for allowing this to go on,.........and on, and on, and on.

Duke hired her, Duke supports her, Duke does nothing.

Read back through, and read other comments in other threads on the subject. Several of us have commented (some, who are closer to the subject than I, very resignedly) on the wussiness and lack of action of the Duke AD, whose only concern appears to be MBB and Coach K.

PostPosted: 07/18/16 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you have followed all the drama on the mens side at various institutions, maybe the Duke AD thinks he is lucky he has not had to deal with hookers!

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 07/22/16 9:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
If you have followed all the drama on the mens side at various institutions, maybe the Duke AD thinks he is lucky he has not had to deal with hookers!

There's been significant speculation that JPM has some pictures AD White does not want to go public. Aside from White having some seriously loose screws upstairs, this is a valid speculation IMHO. When he signed JPM's current contract for $1mil/year for THREE MORE YEARS, he had already heard about JPM's mental problems over and over and over again in colorful and minute detail. But, BECAUSE this was not made public and BECAUSE JPM was about to bring in the best class DWB had ever landed, he gave in to every demand this sick, sick woman made. It apparently included a clause in which only legal charges against her would justify firing her. She can apparently behave like a complete A-hole in public and keep her job. That contract signed by AD White is a major travesty to women's basketball players, coaches and fans everywhere.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 07/22/16 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
But, BECAUSE this was not made public and BECAUSE JPM was about to bring in the best class DWB had ever landed, he gave in to every demand this sick, sick woman made.

I'm not clear on what "this" is meant to infer....what is it that was not made public? Also, I'm not remembering....what class (how recent?) was the one your referring to here?

Also, given your insights, I'm curious.....what role do you see coach Al having in all this madness? Does he have a clean rep here?

PostPosted: 07/23/16 9:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
But, BECAUSE this was not made public and BECAUSE JPM was about to bring in the best class DWB had ever landed, he gave in to every demand this sick, sick woman made.

I'm not clear on what "this" is meant to infer....what is it that was not made public? Also, I'm not remembering....what class (how recent?) was the one your referring to here?

Also, given your insights, I'm curious.....what role do you see coach Al having in all this madness? Does he have a clean rep here?

"This" refers to all of JPM's sick and emotionally abusive behaviors that had already been revealed to AD White when he signed that awful contract for JPM through 2019. The class was Chelsea Gray, Richa Jackson, Tricia Liston, Haley Peters, Chloe Wells.

~rAf
Howee

PostPosted: 07/23/16 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

"This" refers to all of JPM's sick and emotionally abusive behaviors that had already been revealed to AD White when he signed that awful contract for JPM through 2019. The class was Chelsea Gray, Richa Jackson, Tricia Liston, Haley Peters, Chloe Wells.

And Al? Is he helping to keep things livable? Is he an enabler, covering for her?

PostPosted: 07/25/16 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

And Al? Is he helping to keep things livable? Is he an enabler, covering for her?
Quote:

Your hatred of McCallie has made you loose reason...She doesn't have pictures of White....She just negotiated herself a hell of a contract that White was unwilling to pay to get out of...This is common knowledge around Duke WBB

Howee

PostPosted: 07/25/16 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goforit77 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Quote:

Your hatred of McCallie has made you loose reason...She doesn't have pictures of White....She just negotiated herself a hell of a contract that White was unwilling to pay to get out of...This is common knowledge around Duke WBB

Shocked Question I'm still trying to figure out Al's role in all this. Confused

PostPosted: 07/26/16 1:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Quote:

To a degree I know he is a buffer between JPM & the players...The players love him...From what i have heard he is actually somebody she does listen to...Not that it matters because she does what she wants anyway

summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/27/16 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

goforit77 wrote:
Howee wrote:
goforit77 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Howee wrote:
readyAIMfire53 wrote:

Quote:

To a degree I know he is a buffer between JPM & the players...The players love him...From what i have heard he is actually somebody she does listen to...Not that it matters because she does what she wants anyway

Knowing Al, I suspect that may be why he stays......to be that buffer. I think he is an honorable guy. He was much loved (by players and fans alike) at Tennessee and was badly screwed over at Wisconsin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: