RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Loyola parts with Sheryl Swoopes after investigation
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 07/05/16 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Former WNBA player Rushia Brown standing by Swoopes

"Won on every level?"

Except of course, on the college coaching level.
CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/05/16 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the Loyola players who left the team is the daughter of a good friend of mine from high school. Her mother and I still keep in touch.

When the investigation was first announced, I emailed her an article about the situation (her daughter had left the year before). This was her response:

My daughter I are both relieved that this has finally come to light. We chose not to speak on it. But I will tell you that she decided not to play her senior year and took 6 classes in one semester to graduate early. Her decision raised eyebrows and stirred questions.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 07/05/16 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LitePal wrote:
After re-reading several articles on the controversy, I wonder if Swoopes has ever been diagnosed as bi-polar? The wild mood swings from yelling on court to crying in the locker room, the lack of empathy, the paranoia. There are suggestions from some of the players that she has a drinking problem but I came away with the conclusion that she needs other types of medication.

This is the article that Queenie was referring to. It's a doozy. Besides listening in on phone calls, Swoopes apparently also arranged meetings with a "student services" department, which doesn't exist at Loyola in an attempt to get information out of the players. Again and again, it's alleged that Swoopes tried to pit player against player on her own team.

http://www.loyolaphoenix.com/2016/04/ncaa-aware-of-allegations-against-swoopes-since-2014/

Now THAT would make sense. It would require someone she trusts to get her to a good psychiatrist to make that diagnosis, but if she truly suffers from bipolar disorder, that would make a lot of the pieces of her life fit together. I am inclined toward sympathy rather than castigation in her case because I see the signs of something mental gone wrong.

PostPosted: 07/05/16 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swoopes feels "vindicated" despite being let go by Loyola
By DOUG FEINBERG
Jul. 5, 2016 7:06 PM EDT
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/426fed52878642208b676e79f14acba6/swoopes-feels-vindicated-despite-being-let-go-loyola

Delusional. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: