RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 Season Injury and Attrition Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/26/16 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richmond G Lauren Tolson granted an additional year of eligibility, will return for 2016-17 season. She was granted a medical hardship after missing all but the first 8 games of last season.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 05/27/16 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Batouly Camara's final choice was between UConn and Kentucky. So in her case, it's more of a Michelle Marciniak situation...buyer's remorse.

Well, that's not as fun as viewing this, and the other transfers, as a hopeful sign of impending UConn doom.

PostPosted: 05/28/16 12:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

6-4 Adrienne Darden transfers to Hawaii from Delaware. Do we give her the "farthest transfer award" aside from foreign players?

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/28/16 11:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

taropatch wrote:
6-4 Adrienne Darden transfers to Hawaii from Delaware. Do we give her the "farthest transfer award" aside from foreign players?

Is this an annual thing or an all-time thing? Because y'all got a transfer from St. John's once.

PostPosted: 05/28/16 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
taropatch wrote:

Is this an annual thing or an all-time thing? Because y'all got a transfer from St. John's once.

Annual. We also got a Miss Kentucky Basketball transfer in the 90's.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 05/30/16 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mikayla Venson, lately of Virginia, has transferred to Georgetown.

PostPosted: 06/01/16 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Alexis Jennings of Kentucky confirmed to South Carolina .

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/060116aaa.html

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 06/01/16 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Mikayla Venson, lately of Virginia, has transferred to Georgetown.

I'm pleased when a player who evidently valued her degree in the first place decides to transfer that she chooses another excellent school.

It's disappointing to me when a player from a Northwestern or Georgetown or the like throws that away and transfers to Southeast Central State college.

Don't know why you decided to transfer, but as long as you decided to do so, that is a good choice in the bigger picture Mikayla.

Queenie

PostPosted: 06/01/16 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:

Aren't they both in the SEC? How did that even work?

Also, seriously, Dawn, you can't have ALL the transfers. Sad

PostPosted: 06/01/16 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

Aren't they both in the SEC? How did that even work?

Also, seriously, Dawn, you can't have ALL the transfers. Sad

Evidently Mitchell gave her an unconditional release , and I guess the SEC imposes no additional penalty for in-conference women's bb transfers , just the NCAA one-year sit-out deal .
As for the last comment , I hear Geno is getting a pretty good transfer .

SCGamecock

PostPosted: 06/02/16 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

We took 4 transfers the last three years. Ohio State has taken just as many, if not more. The great and mighty UCONN has even taken 3.

Contrary to popular belief, they're not all coming to SC. Just a few of the good ones. Cool

SCGamecock

PostPosted: 06/02/16 5:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dp

ClayK

PostPosted: 06/02/16 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't quite get it: What is wrong with transfers? Is it some kind of moral or ethical failing for a school to get transfers?

PostPosted: 06/02/16 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
I don't quite get it: What is wrong with transfers? Is it some kind of moral or ethical failing for a school to get transfers?

Given that one of my teams is Seton Hall, I'd be one hell of a hypocrite for saying that. My tongue was somewhat in cheek on my post, especially since Jennings was considering St. John's. I keep wanting to yell "Share the wealth!" even though I know that's not how it works.

PostPosted: 06/02/16 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

USC just picked up Ivana Jakubcova from Kentucky. She has one year of eligibility left and averaged 1.1 points and 1.1 rebounds a game for Kentucky. I don't see the reason for it. She might be a good pickup for some mid-major (average 8.0 points and 6.3 rebounds for Murray State), but not a team that wants to compete in the Pac-12.

~UK~

PostPosted: 06/03/16 6:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
USC just picked up Ivana Jakubcova from Kentucky. She has one year of eligibility left and averaged 1.1 points and 1.1 rebounds a game for Kentucky. I don't see the reason for it. She might be a good pickup for some mid-major (average 8.0 points and 6.3 rebounds for Murray State), but not a team that wants to compete in the Pac-12.

Definitely a head scratcher Shocked

SCGamecock

PostPosted: 06/03/16 6:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Fans of certain schools, the recruiting elite, may consider your school to be inferior if you have to accept transfers.

It essentially levels the playing field and nobody likes it when things are "fair" for everybody. Somebody has to rule. New money schools, like SC, have lately benefitted from this "secondary market" more than a few old money schools.. and some of the blue bloods aren't crazy about that..

TL;DR: They're not against transferring really, they're against the leveling of the playing field that transferring presents.

StraightFrom40216

PostPosted: 06/03/16 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rising sophomore Erin DeGrate transferring from Louisville.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/03/16 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:

She is a grad transfer and probably picked USC for reasons besides basketball. Being able to play is probably a lagniappe. And she didn't fit in UK's system very well, but is a pretty good player all the same, just not suited to the run-and-gun, "40 minutes of dread" style. Don't put her down just yet.

PostPosted: 06/03/16 1:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
tfan wrote:

She is a grad transfer and probably picked USC for reasons besides basketball. Being able to play is probably a lagniappe. And she didn't fit in UK's system very well, but is a pretty good player all the same, just not suited to the run-and-gun, "40 minutes of dread" style. Don't put her down just yet.

Did you ever see her play? I don't think the system was the issue.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/03/16 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
tfan wrote:

Actually I did. She did NOT fit in with the Kentucky system at all and looked purely out of place. But I don't think she's all THAT bad.

PostPosted: 06/04/16 6:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
~UK~ wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
tfan wrote:

Actually I did. She did NOT fit in with the Kentucky system at all and looked purely out of place. But I don't think she's all THAT bad.

UK fans probably saw her a bit more than you did Wink . Her stats in JC weren't that impressive either. Was that a bad system for her too?

I hope she does well at USC.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 06/04/16 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*shrug* We'll just have to agree to disagree. But I do get the SEC network, FWIW.

PostPosted: 06/06/16 4:27 pm    ::: Kennedy Leonard from Colorado Reply Reply with quote

Kennedy Leonard from Colorado listed on another site, any truth to it?

http://www.nextsportsphenom.com/NCAA-Transfers

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 06/06/16 5:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bret McCormick ‏@ASGR1995 9h9 hours ago
HC Karen Astin University of Texas gets top 10 Jatarie White 6-4 post transfer from South Carolina. Played HS Providence Day NC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: