RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

More Unrest at Missouri...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 05/07/16 8:37 pm    ::: More Unrest at Missouri... Reply Reply with quote

first football, now softball.

What sport is next???? Basketball???

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2016/05/07/missouri-softball-players-launch-protest-against-athletic-director/84077578/

Quote:
“The Missouri athletic department is conducting a wholly unsubstantiated investigation of our softball program and the softball coaching staff,” the statement reads. “The softball players support and love our coaching staff, and we wonder why this black cloud is being put over our program intentionally by Mizzou AD Mack Rhoades.”

Quote:
“The administration is conducting an unjust investigation” the statement continued, “which includes: bullying and intimidating players during forced interviews; AD Mack Rhoades told us that we, the players, don’t have ANY say in who is the coach of our team; we believe a gag order has been placed on our coaches; the administration was completely incompetent in handling the fall football scandal and they are doing a worse job at this; this is a title IX sport and they’re making up a false investigation.”

Well, I don't know too many teams that do get to pick their coach. Of course the players have the option of not playing at Missouri.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 05/07/16 10:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Obviously no English or Communications majors among the softball players.

That is an embarassingly badly presented statement.

Queenie

PostPosted: 05/08/16 9:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

I imagine it was done in a hurry, and that their primary goal was to express their discontent, not to show off crisp language skills.

(now with spelling variations)
pilight

PostPosted: 05/08/16 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
ArtBest23 wrote:

I imagine it was done in a hurry, and that their primary goal was to express their discontent, not to show off crisp language skills.

They could have at least been consistent in the spelling of the ADs name.

PostPosted: 05/08/16 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The athletic department issued a statement on the matter in the sixth inning of Saturday’s game.

Quote:
“In recent weeks we have received complaints concerning our softball program,” the athletic department’s statement said. “These complaints have come from both inside and outside the program. In response, the university launched an internal review. The review is ongoing and involves personnel matters, therefore, the University of Missouri and Mizzou Athletics will have no other comment at this time.”

FS02

PostPosted: 05/25/16 2:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It looks like the softball team is kicking ass in spite of all this drama. I never want to minimize complaints, but maybe that says something.

PostPosted: 05/25/16 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
It looks like the softball team is kicking ass in spite of all this drama. I never want to minimize complaints, but maybe that says something.

I was pleased as hell to see them beat the stuffing out of BYU. 'Nuff said about that. I don't hate Mizzou, only their WBB team and coach. But if the softball team comes up against JMU, all bets are off Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: